Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I wonder if it's just a habit I have from my first Jeep, it doesn't have a prop rod or any other way to hold the hood open. The only time I use the prop rod on my JL or TJ is when I'm connecting my air compressor to fill up the tires after a trip. If I'm doing any work under the hood it is laid back. Even a simple oil change the hood is fully opened. So for myself, I feel like I'd be constantly dicking with the struts. Is there a reason you prefer to not open the hood all of the way?
I understand. I did the same with my YJ. For my JLs I tend to be more cautious with the paint. If I tip my hood back I place a microfiber rag at the windshield touch points. The struts are more than sufficient for an oil change or air filter change. And once the initial build is done that’s 90% of what I’m doing under the hood
Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
For my JLs I tend to be more cautious with the paint. If I tip my hood back I place a microfiber rag at the windshield touch points.
ah yep... totally makes sense and something I wasn't thinking about. I tend to just not worry too much about the paint. I don't want someone else scratching it but if I do, meh. Don't get me wrong, I don't just throw open the hood, I lay it back gently. But you're right. I do wish Jeep could have engineered the pads that the windshield rest on to do double duty, resting the hood against the windshield when the hood is opened. It's one of those choices that just make me scratch my head. Did no one think of it, or is it form over function? oh well.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Sticker Delete.
F277412B-BFE0-446D-8C48-D64B24386DEC.jpeg
Yeah I removed mine too recently. I was cleaning the Jeep and noticed one of them was peeling at the side. So just removed it. Surprised by how easy it was to remove I went ahead and removed the other side. Looks so much better, and those stickers were gonna fall off eventually anyway. They were not the best quality.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
M.O.R.E Offroad. It's a pain to install, but I liked the look and feel of it.
I can attest to difficulty on install. I’m a grown man and contorting myself to get at the right spot AND not lose a screw behind the trim is not easy. If you’ve got a small child in your household it makes it easier as long as they can follow directions and you bribe them with ice cream.
This! ^^^

I’m 6’0” and 200 lbs. I just couldn’t fold into a piece of origami to install the damn dead pedal.

It went back to Quadratec.

Judging by how quickly Quadratec approved my return, I’d guess half of those pedals get returned in frustration.
6'1" and did try for about 10 minutes and realized the chiro will be a lot more expensive than having a tech install it for $40, worth it.
The funny thing is the MORE dead pedal for JK was elegant in its simplicity, cost a LOT less, and it was a breeze to install.

It literally took 3 minutes to install, and you didn’t have to violate any children labor laws to get it mounted.

So, I found this one, was easy to install, I just removed the door and it made it much easier to access the floorboard... It also works with the all-weather Mopar floor mats.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RBSQ5JM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Jeep Wrangler JL What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny Dead Pedal

Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
So, I found this one, was easy to install, I just removed the door and it made it much easier to access the floorboard... It also works with the all-weather Mopar floor mats.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RBSQ5JM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
I was looking at the same one but ordered the one from quadratec instead. My concern with the one you have is that from the photos I saw online it did not appear to have anyway of bracing against the firewall, instead just hanging from that one bolt. Was I wrong to worry about that? I don't know if the quadratec one is any better, but it at least appears to have a tab that pushes against the firewall which in my mind makes me think I'm less likely to bend/break that bolt when my fatass is doing that awkward one leg lift to get my wallet while in a drive thru.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at the same one but ordered the one from quadratec instead. My concern with the one you have is that from the photos I saw online it did not appear to have anyway of bracing against the firewall, instead just hanging from that one bolt. Was I wrong to worry about that? I don't know if the quadratec one is any better, but it at least appears to have a tab that pushes against the firewall which in my mind makes me think I'm less likely to bend/break that bolt when my fatass is doing that awkward one leg lift to get my wallet while in a drive thru.
I wondered the same thing, but the way it is made, the L-Bracket rests on the floor giving the pedal 2 points of contact with the floorboard. 1 at the top, and 1 at the bottom. It works quite nicely, I'm very please with it. I'm 185 lbs and 6'0", I also have my seat tilted back with an adapter. (I can't recall the brand on it).

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
So far, just a stubby antenna, full frontal Suntek PPF, and Ceramic Pro Gold package. I didn’t care for the long mast and I wanted the paint protected on my new vehicle.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Full BedTred no more agonizing about getting GSP and Vizsla hair out of my carpet. Just blow it out or hose it out. Another vote for LED headlights and fogs. And, a Smitty winch and all required accessories.
I think the best mod was a locking aluminum storage box I built with a drawer for the cargo area. It holds all of my recovery gear, tools and compressor. And it is low profile enough for the dogs to hang out on top of it.

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Sticker Delete.
Jeep Wrangler JL What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny Dead Pedal
I like the hood air intake mod. Did you cut the hood to make those functional?

Also why is the sticker delete something people do? Jeeps are one the few vehicles that hood decals look good on, so why delete them??? They have been part of the history of Wranglers from way back... some notable hood decals include:
the golden eagle,
the renegade,
the willys,
the scrambler
the laredo and now
the rubicon

WHY delete, better to see all wranglers with some type of hood decal.
My favorite is the SPORTICON & my previous silver sahara was named SILVERTON...

Keep Jeeps Fun :)

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
But aren't you then dicking with two hoodstruts whenever you're working under there? On of my favorite Jeep features is that you can lay the hood all the way back when you're in there. So much more room and light.
Easy to disconnect - and you never risk the wind catching your hood and slamming it against the windshield header. Ask me how I know😬😬😬

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

RH4x4 (aluminum) bellypan system. I feel a lot better anyway. Mopar "skids" are pretty skimpy.

Hawg187

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude eco diesel
I have the one touch retractable roof. I added a headliner by Hothead.com. A huge improvement in heat transmission and sound. I also installed a sunscreen from Hothead.com which reduced the direct sun while driving with the roof retracted. Both excellent products that are easy to install.