MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
After getting all the accessories I need for my JLR 2door, the best mod is the Tazer Mini with front camera.

That little mod opens the Rubicon to be even more capable in 4hi & 4low gears. I like having the option to engage lockers as well as disconnecting the swaybars more often. Also like the start/stop memory disengagement and changing other PCM settings. Plus that front camera is essential when tilting up and the only thing I can see is that yella hood 😁
Sponsored

Last edited:

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I've thought about this for a bit. The order I'd probably go with:
For daily family hauling duties:
Rugged Ridge floormats
Springtail Solutions tailgate table,
JCR Classic sliders (bought off a buddy).
These all help with everyday stuff when I'm hauling my kids. The floormats protect the carpets, i've used the table almost weekly this summer and daily on vacation for lunch, etc, and the JCR sliders help my son get in and out on his own. the backseat Molle bags for spare kids clothes, napkins, wipes, medkit, and garbage bag as well.

For off roading? The List in this order, probably:
1). Aluminum Quadratec Skid plates: low weight, took a beating and held up decently.
2). Motobilt Bumper: fantastic design, fit and function. Protects the winch well.
3). Warn VR10 w/ synthetic rope and 7 slot battalion bag: This one should need no explanation. I've been a WARN guy since my ATV days and with the warranty and parts availability, as well as the price I snagged it for, this was a no brainer.
4). Rock Krawler 2.5" Adventure Series: Best bang for your buck, with RK Quality. IT totally made the ride better. Firmer, more stable, feels planted driving down the road- even on 37's.
6). Bodyarmor 4x4 Bumper/ single action tire carrier: Wraps and protects the rear tub, takes most of the weight off the tailgate, retains the camera and tail light, fits up to a 40" tire, and the gate is still easy to open and close. Acts as a great step too, way better than factory.
7). 37" Milestars Pats MT w/ Vision Nemesis: scuff guards are key and for the price point, these tires have been great so far. Looking forward to getting them out on the trail and this winter in the snow.

If i was on a budget, I may switch some of these around a bit. But as I've said elsewhere, and in my build thread: I've done a lot of research on all of these (months on each before pulling the trigger to purchase), I've planned, saved, budgeted, and I've hit every sale, every discount I could find, every hookup I could get through friends, forum vendors, and people I've known via off roading. I'm extremely proud of the thought/ time I've put into this Jeep build, and how well it all works so far. Each of these upgrades are absolutely worth more than I paid.

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Sticker Delete.
Jeep Wrangler JL What Non-Factory Mod is Absolutely Worth Every Penny F277412B-BFE0-446D-8C48-D64B24386DEC

OP
OP
jlang

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
after lifting and armor mods I would say for me was weighing all 4 corners and having a custom tuned set of shocks made for it. night and days different...
Where did you get the shocks from?

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Tazer, worth every penny

Sponsored

Greymatter

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I've thought about this for a bit. The order I'd probably go with:
For daily family hauling duties:
Rugged Ridge floormats
Springtail Solutions tailgate table,
JCR Classic sliders (bought off a buddy).
These all help with everyday stuff when I'm hauling my kids. The floormats protect the carpets, i've used the table almost weekly this summer and daily on vacation for lunch, etc, and the JCR sliders help my son get in and out on his own. the backseat Molle bags for spare kids clothes, napkins, wipes, medkit, and garbage bag as well.

For off roading? The List in this order, probably:
1). Aluminum Quadratec Skid plates: low weight, took a beating and held up decently.
2). Motobilt Bumper: fantastic design, fit and function. Protects the winch well.
3). Warn VR10 w/ synthetic rope and 7 slot battalion bag: This one should need no explanation. I've been a WARN guy since my ATV days and with the warranty and parts availability, as well as the price I snagged it for, this was a no brainer.
4). Rock Krawler 2.5" Adventure Series: Best bang for your buck, with RK Quality. IT totally made the ride better. Firmer, more stable, feels planted driving down the road- even on 37's.
6). Bodyarmor 4x4 Bumper/ single action tire carrier: Wraps and protects the rear tub, takes most of the weight off the tailgate, retains the camera and tail light, fits up to a 40" tire, and the gate is still easy to open and close. Acts as a great step too, way better than factory.
7). 37" Milestars Pats MT w/ Vision Nemesis: scuff guards are key and for the price point, these tires have been great so far. Looking forward to getting them out on the trail and this winter in the snow.

If i was on a budget, I may switch some of these around a bit. But as I've said elsewhere, and in my build thread: I've done a lot of research on all of these (months on each before pulling the trigger to purchase), I've planned, saved, budgeted, and I've hit every sale, every discount I could find, every hookup I could get through friends, forum vendors, and people I've known via off roading. I'm extremely proud of the thought/ time I've put into this Jeep build, and how well it all works so far. Each of these upgrades are absolutely worth more than I paid.
Which bumper did you go with? Any pics?

Last edited:

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I'm still pretty new to it but my Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop. ~$900 and it's my favorite part of the Jeep thus far.

I can take my daughters to school with the top closed/windows up cause they're pansies, then open it up for the drive home, no need to jack with those stupid panels.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I bought the little cheap plastic door seal covers. Really not expesnive but I scratched my JK up pretty bad getting in and out on the bottom door jamb for no good reason.

Jaeth

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.standardroofingok.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
They fit tighter to the mounting studs than the original plastic ones, so they don't flop as much in the unlatched position. They also don't flex like the originals, so it acts as an indicator that the panels aren't fully pressed down. These latches are strong enough to pull the panels down, but I'd fear pulling the studs out of the panel.

In my opinion, it's both a looks and functional improvement. Not to say there's anything wrong with the originals, I just like machined aluminum bits over plastic.
Sounds like something I'll look into more for sure. Occasionally get a whistle and I'm fairly certain it's through the freedom panels.

Appreciate the detailed reply.

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
RockSlide Engineering Step Sliders @ a whopping $1800. Being on 40's, these are single handedly my favorite aftermarket addition. I can take anybody anywhere and not have climbing in my vehicle be an inconvenience. Also have some metal reinforced legs so it makes my life easier.

Other than that, being in Florida, window tint everywhere including the windshield.