Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You tell me. Watched the install video. Currently pondering myself. 😳
I put mine above the mirror. Nightmare install. spent two days trying to get everything tucked away. I wish the interface module was at the other end of the wires. Seems that i remember seeing that someone has 3d printed a housing for it so it would look nice on the dash.

Dont put yours where I put mine. I had to grind away some of the freedom panel post that is there to make it fit.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0975.JPG

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I put mine above the mirror. Nightmare install. spent two days trying to get everything tucked away. I wish the interface module was at the other end of the wires. Seems that i remember seeing that someone has 3d printed a housing for it so it would look nice on the dash.

Dont put yours where I put mine. I had to grind away some of the freedom panel post that is there to make it fit.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210911_144550
You got me..... I'll admit it.
That’s where the Genesis install video shows to install it. He made it look easy,
but like you said I don’t know. Still haven’t made up my mind to try it myself or dealer install. If you had it to do over where would you put it? 🤔

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If I had it to do over again, I would not get the G-Screen. it tells me the voltage, but only when the jeep is off. When the jeep is running, it tells me the alternator output, same as in my center cluster. I dont want to cut up my dash. If I were installing it again I would find a housing for it and 3M tape it to the dash where I could run the ribbon up from under the front.

Similar to this guy...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? G-screen housing.PNG

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
or 3d print a housing and 3M tape it to the side of the A pillar...🤔
What about something where the center tray is. I don’t think that tray is used that much. 🤨

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What about something where the center tray is. I don’t think that tray is used that much. 🤨
I would want somewhere to hide the ribbon connector, thats why I am saying the front edge of the dash or A pillar

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I would want somewhere to hide the ribbon connector, thats why I am saying the front edge of the dash or A pillar
I’m with you on your reasoning, so would I. I was thinking about some kind of housing you could mount it in and maybe come up through the bottom but maybe not. Because you would have to cut a slot for the ribbon. I’m going to study this dashboard some more. I think I’m getting brain fog. 😎

jpkp

First Name
Jon Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
M&P Engineer
I finished installing a steel front bumper/skid plate this morning just in time to get this vehicle on it's first trail! Last major mod on this vehicle, just some loose ends to tidy up moving forward.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? jpkp-JLR-bpr-trl

Yes... that's an upside down harbor freight fairlead... I was in a rush... and my Factor 55 one hasn't arrived yet...

Looks nice, what rock guard/step is that?
They're the Mopar/Jeep Performance Parts rock rails. I got them for a good deal at dealer, ended up being about 2/3 the cost of getting them from the factory and the install was maybe half an hour and I was taking my time. My impression so far is a resounding "eh". It seems solid as a slider and it works as a step but just barely. It's pretty narrow and it's at most 3 inches below the door jamb, so it's not as helpful on the side step front as I was hoping for. I think they could have gotten the step surface at least an inch lower by having a cutout for the step like the LOD Destroyers. I was torn between those two and I like the look of the Destroyers better, I just didn't want to drill extra mounting holes in my frame.

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
I finished installing a steel front bumper/skid plate this morning just in time to get this vehicle on it's first trail! Last major mod on this vehicle, just some loose ends to tidy up moving forward.

Yes... that's an upside down harbor freight fairlead... I was in a rush... and my Factor 55 one hasn't arrived yet...

They're the Mopar/Jeep Performance Parts rock rails. I got them for a good deal at dealer, ended up being about 2/3 the cost of getting them from the factory and the install was maybe half an hour and I was taking my time. My impression so far is a resounding "eh". It seems solid as a slider and it works as a step but just barely. It's pretty narrow and it's at most 3 inches below the door jamb, so it's not as helpful on the side step front as I was hoping for. I think they could have gotten the step surface at least an inch lower by having a cutout for the step like the LOD Destroyers. I was torn between those two and I like the look of the Destroyers better, I just didn't want to drill extra mounting holes in my frame.
Thanks for your information, appreciate it.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase

Figuring out a good spot for the G-screen has delayed my install. Genesis made it look like this was the best spot, so it's disappointing to hear how much of a PITA it was for you. Thanks for sharing.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My Genesis dual battery system just arrived. Very fast shipping. Received everything at once. Batteries, system and g-screen. Packed very well. Now to get it installed. And no I am not a photographer.

Let us know how this goes! I've got one on order, and I'm a little nervous about pulling the whole fuse box out to install the tray. It will be fine I'm sure, it just seems like it's got potential to go very wrong.