Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my sting gray 392 with recon package on Aug 19. Supposedly the ship date is estimated to be Sept 29. My dealership said it would likely show up at the end of Oct. Even if it’s the end of Oct, I’d consider myself more than lucky. Waiting is hard though. I almost went with hydro blue but I think I made the right color choice. I’m not overly excited about the bronze trim, but it is what it is. I currently have a Raptor but this will be my 4th Wrangler and 7th Jeep overall. I missed being in the family 😋
I wasnt keen on the bronze either but once I saw one in Sting-Gray I fell in love with it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
utjmac

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
I ordered my sting gray 392 with recon package on Aug 19. Supposedly the ship date is estimated to be Sept 29. My dealership said it would likely show up at the end of Oct. Even if it’s the end of Oct, I’d consider myself more than lucky. Waiting is hard though. I almost went with hydro blue but I think I made the right color choice. I’m not overly excited about the bronze trim, but it is what it is. I currently have a Raptor but this will be my 4th Wrangler and 7th Jeep overall. I missed being in the family 😋
I almost went with hydro blue also. Very happy with the choice and the gold accents are much more subtle than I was expecting. You’re going to love it. Just crossed 500 miles today, and finally romped on it. Smiles ear to ear.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I almost went with hydro blue also. Very happy with the choice and the gold accents are much more subtle than I was expecting. You’re going to love it. Just crossed 500 miles today, and finally romped on it. Smiles ear to ear.
Not looking forward to my first 500 since it’ll be highway for me.

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Right on - glad to hear that! Thanks

Sponsored

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Picking her up today! Sting Gray 392 1631543347957

First time I’ve test driven one of these…it’s a beast. Packed to the gills with doors etc. You're going to love it!
So question - when I pick mine up (with door kit) will I be able to comfortably drive it home? Home is ~420mi away. I've seen delivery pics and yep its completely full with the doors. I'm hoping there's enough room to move the drivers seat a little lol. TIA

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
any byways that you can take thats will get you off the highway?
Not sure, not from PA so ill have to see, the first 100 will be brutal I think its under 55 at a few thousand RPM. also going to check my fuses are pressed in prior to leaving

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
So question - when I pick mine up (with door kit) will I be able to comfortably drive it home?
It's pretty tight with the half-door boxes in there. Driver has a little movement, but I wouldn't have wanted to make a 5 hour drive like that. Pretty sure the passenger seat was stuck all the way up too. You might be able to make a little more room by unpacking the rear door uppers, but the fronts share a huge box with their lowers.

Or maybe bring some moving blankets, unpack everything and lay it all flat in the back.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
It's pretty tight with the half-door boxes in there. Driver has a little movement, but I wouldn't have wanted to make a 5 hour drive like that. Pretty sure the passenger seat was stuck all the way up too. You might be able to make a little more room by unpacking the rear door uppers, but the fronts share a huge box with their lowers.

Or maybe bring some moving blankets, unpack everything and lay it all flat in the back.
Thanks for the feedback. The dealership has mentioned possibly shipping the doors to me. I'm also looking at a couple transportation options but I don't want to burn another $1K with a carrier, box shipping, flights, etc. I thought it may be fun to drive back through the NC/TN mountains with my Son or Dad for a ride along until I saw how much space there is at delivery. I have a couple months to figure it out. Hope you're enjoying your 392.

Sponsored

OP
OP
utjmac

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
So question - when I pick mine up (with door kit) will I be able to comfortably drive it home? Home is ~420mi away. I've seen delivery pics and yep its completely full with the doors. I'm hoping there's enough room to move the drivers seat a little lol. TIA
The passenger seat was almost all the way forward, and the driver seat was tolerable, but I’d prefer moving it back. It’s amazing how tight they Tetris the boxes, then put spray foam packages to solidify the position. Really smart!
However, hearing the engine, I didn’t care. I would have driven sitting on the hood if I had to.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Mine came with dual doors in the back, and the driver's seat leaned back a few inches. It was decent for my 45 min drive home, but still pretty upright for a 420 mile trip! 😲 The passenger seat however was not so mobile, it was actually leaned a bit forward, at least in mine. So possibly something to consider if your drive home is not going to be solo.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
The passenger seat was almost all the way forward, and the driver seat was tolerable, but I’d prefer moving it back. It’s amazing how tight they Tetris the boxes, then put spray foam packages to solidify the position. Really smart!
However, hearing the engine, I didn’t care. I would have driven sitting on the hood if I had to.
Yep, same. I'm selling my '13 M3 to swap for the 392 so I'm hoping this V8 is as emotional as my other toy. I also have a WK2 Trailhawk/Hemi and '16 JK 2Dr so this is to combine the other two jeeps of sorts... best of both worlds I hope.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Mine came with dual doors in the back, and the driver's seat leaned back a few inches. It was decent for my 45 min drive home, but still pretty upright for a 420 mile trip! 😲 The passenger seat however was not so mobile, it was actually leaned a bit forward, at least in mine. So possibly something to consider if your drive home is not going to be solo.
Thanks for the feedback.

OP
OP
utjmac

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
Thanks for the feedback. The dealership has mentioned possibly shipping the doors to me. I'm also looking at a couple transportation options but I don't want to burn another $1K with a carrier, box shipping, flights, etc. I thought it may be fun to drive back through the NC/TN mountains with my Son or Dad for a ride along until I saw how much space there is at delivery. I have a couple months to figure it out. Hope you're enjoying your 392.
I wouldn’t go through that much trouble. If you’re going to do that, just ship the Jeep. Personally, I know these doors go with my Jeep, and even though they are packed well, I wouldn’t trust a shipper to handle them. Good luck!
Sponsored