Sponsored

What's Your Most Overpriced Part Or Accessory?

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I had to cut that damn thing in half (Trail edition)! If you have a rear trackbar relocation bracket the clearance is so small that the exhaust pipe spends its entire life ping ponging in between the track bar and sway bar, and if you hit a bump...expensive stainless sammich. I now have half of a $700 chunk of stainless exhaust pipe laying on my garage floor. :angry:
I feel your painā€¦.expensive mistake for my buildā€¦
Sponsored

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

Hmmm think the hardest one for me to buy was the hothead headliners. Felt pricey for what it is. They work great but that one just hurt more then my other mods šŸ˜‚

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Rolex Submariner with black bezel, to match my black JL. It was about $10,000 but looks really good while driving my JL. Matches the black/silver JL Rubicon wheels almost perfectly.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
KC Headlights. They're great and I definitely love 'em, but didn't really need them. And they're pretty pricy for headlights.

But after I got the KC fogs, I realized they were going to be brighter than my halogen stock headlights and just went ahead and swapped the headlights too. No regrets at all and would still buy them again, but it was still probably the least cost/value balanced mod on my list.

Other thing might be the Bartact seat covers. I had them on my JK and they were fantastic, but the JL version just isn't as good a design and fit as the JK ones were. They're a lot of cash for something I'm slightly disappointed with.

Sponsored

mbartelt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
My wheels were a little expensive... I'm quite happy with them. But the real culprit will be the Teraflex hinge kit when I buy it. I'm still on the fence, but it'd match everything nicely.

EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
We've all spent asinine money on mods, but which one in your opinion was your most overpriced purchase? Made a joke about the Bestop Sunrider for hardtop in another thread and it got me thinking about this. It's a great mod, definitely the one I use most often, but at $900 (plus tax) its only a few hundred short of an ENTIRE SOFT TOP.

I also think an honorable mention is in order for BF Goodrich's $70 windshield wiper blades. That tire tread appearance is enticing, but I will not be seduced by you BFG! Not again....

Jeep Wrangler JL What's Your Most Overpriced Part Or Accessory? B7008B49-B829-442A-A884-0BDCCBA3514C
Embarrassed to say, but I dropped over$2,500 into alpine speaker upgrade. There, I said it and really donā€™t want to say anything else about it.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ll just reassure you, theyā€™re totally worth it. Especially now that fall weather is peaking its head. I love them.
Thanks Rob. Cost is definitely hard pill to swallow and explain to wife lol. Guess I will be selling Mopar tube doors I just purchased few months ago. No need for 3 sets of doors :)
Sponsored