Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I would say it is totally seamless. I haven’t noticed any disruption in AC or heat (yeah, we have had cool nights already up here); and yes - it is faster off the line and between shifts on the 8 speed, because the generator kicks in between shifts to offset lag.
Cool, if it's seamless and works as advertised I don't think I'll hate it. I appreciate your input!
Sponsored

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
Since I've got your ear.

Does it do the stupid stop start thing? if so...

How seamless is that?

Does the AC suffer when the motor is off?

Is it faster because of it?

Can you turn it off?
Yes it does the stop start thing...but VERY well. Not totally seamless but its closer than anything else. A total non issue in the Rubicon. So for comparison, I've got a 20 Land Rover Discovery...I ALWAYS turn the stop/start off in that....I never turn it off in my Rubicon. JLR could learn a lot from this system in my opinion

If you have AC on, it overrides the etorque. I'm in Texas so AC is necessary in the summer.

It supposed to give 90 Ft pounds of extra Torque for 1/2 of a tire revolution. I cant say its any faster...but it works. It seems to smooth out the start /stop process. Its supposed to help with transmission shifts as I recall...but not totally sure on that point. Its a Jeep so speed inst my thing with it.

I would have ordered with out it if I could have, but after driving it....I love it so far and wont hesitate to have it in another vehicle if offered.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yes it does the stop start thing...but VERY well. Not totally seamless but its closer than anything else. A total non issue in the Rubicon. So for comparison, I've got a 20 Land Rover Discovery...I ALWAYS turn the stop/start off in that....I never turn it off in my Rubicon. JLR could learn a lot from this system in my opinion

If you have AC on, it overrides the etorque. I'm in Texas so AC is necessary in the summer.

It supposed to give 90 Ft pounds of extra Torque for 1/2 of a tire revolution. I cant say its any faster...but it works. It seems to smooth out the start /stop process. Its supposed to help with transmission shifts as I recall...but not totally sure on that point. Its a Jeep so speed inst my thing with it.

I would have ordered with out it if I could have, but after driving it....I love it so far and wont hesitate to have it in another vehicle if offered.
Seems pretty well integrated. Assuming that I can turn it off if I just hate it for whatever reason? I couldn't stand the ESS on my '19 JL 3.6L. I'm willing to give it a shot in this one if it makes sense. The last one was a manual transmission, so that felt super weird, but the worst part was the AC. I also live in Texas, and every light it would "stall" and then the AC would start blowing warm air unless it was set to MAX. It didn't last long before I used the Tazer to delete it.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
Seems pretty well integrated. Assuming that I can turn it off if I just hate it for whatever reason? I couldn't stand the ESS on my '19 JL 3.6L. I'm willing to give it a shot in this one if it makes sense. The last one was a manual transmission, so that felt super weird, but the worst part was the AC. I also live in Texas, and every light it would "stall" and then the AC would start blowing warm air unless it was set to MAX. It didn't last long before I used the Tazer to delete it.
from what I've noticed...if the AC is on...etouque is off. Slapping in in M disables it as well so you can jump off the lights if you want to. It looks like it has a disable button but I never use it. As I said...I was very surprised to find that I actually like having it.

Sponsored

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
from what I've noticed...if the AC is on...etouque is off. Slapping in in M disables it as well so you can jump off the lights if you want to. It looks like it has a disable button but I never use it. As I said...I was very surprised to find that I actually like having it.
If I’m not mistaken it disables it until the “cabin” is at the desired temperature. It says it on the screen above the steering wheel in one of the pages. It’s so hot where I live it basically turns itself off because it takes forever for it to get to temp

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
I love all the jeeper whining about the etorque and its perceived lack of reliability when it's the base engine on every Ram 1500 model (pretty sure if there was an issue, you'd have heard about it by now) and likely less complex than a 2L turbo.

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
I hope it's seemless. The only vehicle I've driven that has a start/stop technology was a gmc Acadia rental 3 years ago & hated it.
If I don't like the etorque on my 21 ruby when I get it, I'll order the tazer & shut it off.

Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Since I've got your ear.

Does it do the stupid stop start thing? if so...

How seamless is that?

Does the AC suffer when the motor is off?

Is it faster because of it?

Can you turn it off?
Once the cabin is cool the start /stop will then function. It does it very well. You can turn it off but I haven’t felt the need to. It does start/stop much better than my wife’s mini. I don’t think it makes the Jeep any faster, but it shifts so smoothly. I came from a JKU 3.6 and this combination is really good with 8 speed auto and eTorque. I haven’t seen anyone who has it post negative feedback. My neighbor has a RAM 1500 with it and no complaints from him either.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
I hope it's seemless. The only vehicle I've driven that has a start/stop technology was a gmc Acadia rental 3 years ago & hated it.
If I don't like the etorque on my 21 ruby when I get it, I'll order the tazer & shut it off.
You don’t need the Tazer. There is a button on the dash to shut Auto Start/Stop off. Just depress that when you start up, pretty sure it defaults back to “on” when you shutdown.

Jeep Wrangler JL You can now order 3.6 auto without eTorque again 728B3BC0-AEB9-498B-A0D8-A66F4C1A0F31

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have a etorque 2.0. I like how seamless it starts:stops. Occasionally turn it off so AC or heat is not affected at a stop.

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR

90ft lbs? Jeep no longer claims that there's any torque gain. They got called out on their false propaganda.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
90ft lbs? Jeep no longer claims that there's any torque gain. They got called out on their false propaganda.
I must have missed that….even JD Powers as often as last month is still using the figure. If you read the post. I’m curious as to where you found the information debunking the claim. I used the words “Supposed to” followed by “I can’t say it’s any faster”. Gain or not…I find myself liking the system.
Sponsored