Sponsored

Lets see your 392 on 35's or 37's stock suspension or lifted...

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Yes, the top two bolts were challenging to tighten. It took quite a while to figure out the right combination of 18mm deep socket and extensions to get it done. I watched many install videos prior to the installation and it seems pretty much everyone found tightening these bolts to be a challenge.
You know, now that I think about it, I may just loosen up the winch on the plate so I can slide around until I get those bolts reattached and then tighten the winch back down. Hmmm. Thanks for your reply.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I haven’t watched any install videos or anything yet. I guess I better study and make sure I’m prepared. What kind of time are we talking for install? I figured the winch would be easy and I’d do it prior to the RSE steps…doesn’t sound easy now.
I’ve got a backlog of parts piling up while I’ve been wrenching on my TJ. Time to get busy.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Yes, the top two bolts were challenging to tighten. It took quite a while to figure out the right combination of 18mm deep socket and extensions to get it done. I watched many install videos prior to the installation and it seems pretty much everyone found tightening these bolts to be a challenge.
You know, now that I think about it, I may just loosen up the winch on the plate so I can slide around until I get those bolts reattached and then tighten the winch back down. Hmmm. Thanks for your reply.
Hey guys, just curious since I've never owned or installed a winch before, but I'm looking to finally get one: Would this be less of an issue with a different winch plate/adapter plate? (Related but dumb question, are those both the same thing, or the same plate rather?) TIA

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I have the MOPAR lift gate reinforcement. The 35" KO2 fit, but the tailgate barely would close because the tire hit the bumper. The KO2's are 34.4" per the BFG Webpage. There is no way anything bigger would fit on my Jeep. I have since installed a relocation bracket from Rough Country. All good now.
Boxs
Good to hear. I will probably just keep the extra tire in the car.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hey John,

Did you have any trouble re attaching the top two inside bolts on the OEM bumper with the Warn Zeon 10s winch? I went with Maximus 3 winch plate placing the winch aft as much as the grill would allow and the two top inside bolts on the OEM bumper are right next to the Warn winch preventing me from attaching the nuts. So, I have six of the eight bumper bolts and nuts reattached. And the bottom two inside bolts were pretty tough to re attach but got em on with some finger and arm contortionist moves.
I have the same winch plate I’m going to be installing my Zeon 12 S. Hopefully I don’t have issues.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
3/4 inch for me. I went with the 10s and used the Maximus 3 winch plate. Of note, I could not get the top inside OEM bumper nuts back on the bolts. So running 6 of the 8 nuts. The Warn winch housing was literally 1/8" or less away from the top inside bolts, not enough room for the nut to go back on. And the bottom inside bolts/nuts were a PITA but back on and secured. No issue with the outside nuts either side.
I want everything to look even. Would you recommended any sort of spacer or bump stop to level things out. Picking her up today and doing installs next week.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
I want everything to look even. Would you recommended any sort of spacer or bump stop to level things out. Picking her up today and doing installs next week.
Although I have not addressed the rake of the stance with the additional weight of the winch on the front, I am considering two options; 1) a TeraFlex spacer lift, or, 2) a full on lift such as the MetalCloak Game Changer, either 2.5" or 3.5". Both of these reportedly level out the rake caused by the addition of weight on the front from accessories like a winch. The TeraFlex is a simple and cheap solution. I just worry about the driveline angle change and risk of additional stress on the driveline going with the spacer lift. The full on lifts address the driveline angle issue thru the geometry of replacing the control arms.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Although I have not addressed the rake of the stance with the additional weight of the winch on the front, I am considering two options; 1) a TeraFlex spacer lift, or, 2) a full on lift such as the MetalCloak Game Changer, either 2.5" or 3.5". Both of these reportedly level out the rake caused by the addition of weight on the front from accessories like a winch. The TeraFlex is a simple and cheap solution. I just worry about the driveline angle change and risk of additional stress on the driveline going with the spacer lift. The full on lifts address the driveline angle issue thru the geometry of replacing the control arms.
Yeah I already have this lift as my number one choice. Was going to wait a bit but maybe it will speed up my timeline. How noticeable is the sag visually speaking?

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
37s fit without a relocation bracket for you?
Don't know about 37s. However, my 35s fit with a lot of clearance. I have the Mopar reinforced hinge gate and no relocation kit.

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Don't know about 37s. However, my 35s fit with a lot of clearance. I have the Mopar reinforced hinge gate and no relocation kit.
I went outside and took a pic. There is more clearance than this picture shows. Right about an inch or so. These are 34.4 inch tires. If you air down the 37s would work on my setup. However, there does seem to be some variance among Jeeps.

20210910_121529.jpg

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Well I know the BFGs run small so I will have them give it a shot and if no dice, try to fit it in the Jeep.

Love6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
There are some good looking Jeeps in this thread.

I was firmly in the camp of keeping the stock 33" tires for acceleration, handling, mpg....

Then after seeing so many comments that the stock tires looked smallish & reading through this thread, now I want to go for 35" tires.

What would be the best 35" option for keeping it stock-like from a driving perspective?
A 35" KO2 AT? If so, what is the recommended size for the stock wheels?

Also, is there a lighter 35" AT tire that I should consider? I will be on snow and ice occasionally during the winter.

Thanks!

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
There are some good looking Jeeps in this thread.

I was firmly in the camp of keeping the stock 33" tires for acceleration, handling, mpg....

Then after seeing so many comments that the stock tires looked smallish & reading through this thread, now I want to go for 35" tires.

What would be the best 35" option for keeping it stock-like from a driving perspective?
A 35" KO2 AT? If so, what is the recommended size for the stock wheels?

Also, is there a lighter 35" AT tire that I should consider? I will be on snow and ice occasionally during the winter.

Thanks!
The BF Goodrich KO2s in 315/70/17 size (C-rated) seem to be the go to option (they are light and have the three peak mountain snowflake). I noticed a slight degradation in acceleration after putting the 35s on but I got used to it quickly. The thing still hauls (for a Jeep!).
Sponsored