Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I wonder why they didn't just bolt a bump stop extension to the lower coil spring pad like the one that comes in the Mopar kit and call it a day? Why did they have to engineer that huge monstrosity...
Because installing the springs with those front bumpstop pad extensions is a horrendous job, bolting the Mopar pad extension is an even more horrendous job, and they probably need a more progressive bump.

The front bump stop pad extension is the absolutely worst part of the Mopar lift. Use Teraflex or Synergy as those are much easier to install and adjust height.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Because installing the springs with those front bumpstop pad extensions is a horrendous job, bolting the Mopar pad extension is an even more horrendous job, and they probably need a more progressive bump.

The front bump stop pad extension is the absolutely worst part of the Mopar lift. Use Teraflex or Synergy as those are much easier to install and adjust height.
Push down on the axle harder? I have pulled the front springs several times without unbolting the lower bump pad extensions I installed back when I put the 2.5" spacer lift on. Swapped to an icon 2.5" spring. Pulled springs to add 3/4" spacer after adding the winch. Pulled springs again to add rock krawler spring perches. Hit swaybar disconnect, unplug fad and locker wiring, unbolt shocks, droop out axle, have someone push down on the knuckle while you pull the spring over the lower bump pad.

Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

I have never had any issue as long as I had enough room to let the axle droop. They paint the threads on those front bump stop extensions from the factory so you have the chase the threads before installing. Its one of those gotcha's!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Push down on the axle harder? I have pulled the front springs several times without unbolting the lower bump pad extensions I installed back when I put the 2.5" spacer lift on. Swapped to an icon 2.5" spring. Pulled springs to add 3/4" spacer after adding the winch. Pulled springs again to add rock krawler spring perches. Hit swaybar disconnect, unplug fad and locker wiring, unbolt shocks, droop out axle, have someone push down on the knuckle while you pull the spring over the lower bump pad.
Any tips for easy spring replacement / spacer install? Do you really need to remove the LCA bolts and shocks and swaybar? (Thinking about 1" spacer for my Diesel JLUR in the interim until lifts sre available)

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Any tips for easy spring replacement / spacer install? Do you really need to remove the LCA bolts and shocks and swaybar? (Thinking about 1" spacer for my Diesel JLUR in the interim until lifts sre available)
Bottom shock bolts, disconnect swaybar (without a tazer you'll have to put it in 4wd), unplug the connector on the FAD and the dif locker, and unbolt the brake lines from the lca's. You should be able to droop enough to pull the springs out easily at that point. Pull the bottom out first and then slide the top off bump tower. Install spacer, reinsert spring, jack axle up until shocks reach the bottom mounts. Reconnect everything. Reinstall wheels. 1" is small enough you can get away with the stock lcas, but adjustable front lowers will allow you to set caster between 6-7⁰ which handles much better in my opinion.

Sponsored

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
The technical people can tell us how it’s lifted, but definitely looks lifted.