First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
If you look into the detail you'll see that there was a date when the rear plate changed to the gold one. The bill of material is different so you didn't get a wrong one, you got the right one when the car was built. Like I suggested, get the one you want from the dealer (or internet) and install it.

That's the resolution. There is not going to be a factory recall, buy back, lemon law settlement or lawsuit directed toward the dealer/factory.
That is soooo funny bc Jeep admitted to me on the phone all 392s were suppose to have the bronze plate and it was their supply chain mistake that allowed the silver plate. The resolution is they will cover it under warranty, as they did with mine. Only they sent the 392 recon bronze plate and not the standard 392 bronze plate. (Difference being the AA or AB part number. So im still waiting for the correct plate.

Screenshot_20210909-084636_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210909-085030_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210904-132951_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
If you read my original post I know they figured it out and started installing the correct plate after they realized what they did, no need to explain it to me. I may have been the first one to state when it changed. I got it direct from my communication with Jeep and had not seen it before that.

If you read all my post on this thread you will see my position is you are simply wrong. You make it sound like they planed to screw up and install standard JL plates with wrong information printed and stamped on it (Its suppose to be that way). I have the wrong plate that someone at Jeep decided to install on my Jeep when it was built. Just because some moron decided to stick a standard JL plate on my 392 because they forgot to issue a P.O. to a vendor or whatever the failure was at Jeep that lead them to put the silver plate on a number of Jeeps to cover the screw up does not make it okay for me. I expect more. Again read my prior post on this thread. I have been pretty clear on this throughout on this subject.

I love how you suggest I want a lemon law, buy back or a lawsuit over it. Not the case. Never said or implied that. Just want people to do the job they get paid to do and want the corporation we all support by buying Jeeps to do the correct thing when people that work for them do not do the job they get paid to do. I know that is a lot for you to wrap your mind around from reading your post but it is really that simple.

Its not just a different color, it has the wrong info on it.

To think you are a retired business consultant is laughable to me. Made me giggle, it really did. Is this what you would recommend to someone paying for your services? Just tell your customers screw you we know it's wrong but get over it we will do nothing to correct it and you can deal with it. After all they already spent the money who cares if its correct.

Wow, speaks volumes.
Two thumbs up for your post! Def not a "business person" I would ever do business with SMH.

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Not to be a kill joy, but is it really that big of a deal? I didn't even know it was back there. LOL.

I digress, I realize one persons issue is not even a blip on the radar to another. What perturbs me others would giggle at.

Sam
Yes. Yes it is. Might as well say prius on the plate bc the plate does not match my jeep model or specs.
Man you love your theasaurus.

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lurking the forum
The junk that gets posted is truly astonishing. All this for an irrelevant plate.
So you're ok with your 392 having the specs for another jeep on the plate?

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Yes. Yes it is. Might as well say prius on the plate bc the plate does not match my jeep model or specs.
Man you love your theasaurus.
Huh??? Don't even know what that is. Sorry. Thesaurus I have heard of. And a dictionary (sorry could not resist). :);)

And no, I do not rely on it. Have not gleaned any synonyms from it in years. Old enough to have grown up when speaking and writing intelligently were actually looked on with favor. No offense intended or implied.

BTW, your Jeep looks great. Glad you got your bronze plate. To reiterate what I posted above, what is an issue to some is not to another. If one wants 28" spinners on their Jeep so be it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am sure many think my 392 on 40"s is sacrilegious. Because one does not adhere to a standard that others believe acceptable in their eyes they judge and condemn. This is an issue in society that is becoming more volatile every day. Agree to disagree.

Hope this does not come off as a tirade, not meant to.

Sam

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
So you're ok with your 392 having the specs for another jeep on the plate?
It literally doesn't make a difference in any way, so no, I wouldn’t care. Not to mention you did get the correct plate. You're just annoyed future builds got a different one. The product planner for Jeep is a much more reputable source than a customer service agent on the phone.

Sponsored

392Stinger

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2021 Tahoe
It literally doesn't make a difference in any way, so no, I wouldn’t care. Not to mention you did get the correct plate. You're just annoyed future builds got a different one. The product planner for Jeep is a much more reputable source than a customer service agent on the phone.
Man I guess mine is special…. Here is my tailgate tag…
Just keeping it light….Everyone has their passions so let just agree to disagree people.
FE9CC5D7-1470-49E7-9721-829F6B6E98BC.jpeg

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I have owned Jeeps for over 40 years, purchased probably 20 used and 14 new ones during that time. Everything from a XJ for my daughter to two SRTs and a TrackHawk... Most surprising to me is that people expect Jeep to be Mercedes or BMW. You paid 80-100k for a Jeep, it is still a Jeep. For years, regardless of who has owned Jeep, they have been known to be very capable off road vehicles, but far from perfect! Guess what, even my 2020 M5 was not perfect and the follow up service for the problem I was having was not great. Same with my recent Super C Motorhome... Customer service is not the same as it used to be. It is hard to hire people that care anymore and the few that do get tired of handling all the Karen's that call them to complain.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
That is soooo funny bc Jeep admitted to me on the phone all 392s were suppose to have the bronze plate and it was their supply chain mistake that allowed the silver plate. The resolution is they will cover it under warranty, as they did with mine. Only they sent the 392 recon bronze plate and not the standard 392 bronze plate. (Difference being the AA or AB part number. So im still waiting for the correct plate.
I doubt they will send you the AA plate. It appears that the AB plate is the new part for all 392s, XR or not. The AB plate merely has additional information for the optional XR package with the 35" tires. Information on non-XR 392s are still there.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
If you read my original post I know they figured it out and started installing the correct plate after they realized what they did, no need to explain it to me. I may have been the first one to state when it changed. I got it direct from my communication with Jeep and had not seen it before that.

If you read all my post on this thread you will see my position is you are simply wrong. You make it sound like they planed to screw up and install standard JL plates with wrong information printed and stamped on it (Its suppose to be that way). I have the wrong plate that someone at Jeep decided to install on my Jeep when it was built. Just because some moron decided to stick a standard JL plate on my 392 because they forgot to issue a P.O. to a vendor or whatever the failure was at Jeep that lead them to put the silver plate on a number of Jeeps to cover the screw up does not make it okay for me. I expect more. Again read my prior post on this thread. I have been pretty clear on this throughout on this subject.

I love how you suggest I want a lemon law, buy back or a lawsuit over it. Not the case. Never said or implied that. Just want people to do the job they get paid to do and want the corporation we all support by buying Jeeps to do the correct thing when people that work for them do not do the job they get paid to do. I know that is a lot for you to wrap your mind around from reading your post but it is really that simple.

Its not just a different color, it has the wrong info on it.

To think you are a retired business consultant is laughable to me. Made me giggle, it really did. Is this what you would recommend to someone paying for your services? Just tell your customers screw you we know it's wrong but get over it we will do nothing to correct it and you can deal with it. After all they already spent the money who cares if its correct.

Wow, speaks volumes.
Sponsored