First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
If you were offered 10% more than you paid for your two year old Jeep , would you sell it right now?
Sponsored

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
I sold mine on June 1st and have regretted it ever since! I'm almost shopping daily on the Jeep Configurator tool to see what it would cost to rebuild another similar vehicle or how I'd go about it differently this time. :( I won't be doing that again...I miss my JL everyday. :'(

Last edited:

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
If you were offered 10% more than you paid for your two year old Jeep , would you sell it right now?

Of course. Then order a new one from a volume dealer using TL affiliate discount. To not do so is throwing away money.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
No I woudlnt. sale taxes here are like 10%. so i would lose in the end.

I actually looked into it as an alternative as I am adding a front locker to my Jeep, I thought about just buying a Rubicon. Even adding front and rear lockers is better financially in my case.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Funny, on my way into your profile to see what you had, I saw that you were in a 392 thread. 😆 I guess that answers the question of what's your motivation.

I was made a similar offer, but I have far too much in my Jeep that grossly outweighs that offer. If I was still stock and wanting something else, like a 392, I would've given it more than a moments thought.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not a good move for me. To heavily modded , the 5k ish I’d make, wouldn’t even cover lift and tire/wheels .......😁

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
I kept all my stock stuff so yeah I’d just swap out my mods and sell it to custom order one

Deleted member 59498

I thought about it when it was 7k over what I bought it for but prices have slowly gone down. I thought about trading in for a Diesel but when I talked to dealer about ordering... I got the "What do you want a diesel for? I have a used 4xe gets better mileage!" Then the round and round finally said hell with it. Who buys a used 4xe without the tax break??

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I would consider it if I wanted different options, but I don't. It is my second vehicle. But the sticker on my 2019 was just about $50k. And using the online builder, a similar 2021 sticker is $55k to replace it. MSRP has gone up 10% since I bought it. I would be giving up my forever warranty, which probably won't matter since in theory I would be getting another JL 2-3 years newer with 25k less miles, but it is fresh on my mind because my 8" radio died today at the dealer while they were troubleshooting a GPS position off by about 300 miles (about 25k miles, stock).

OP
OP
jlang

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Funny, on my way into your profile to see what you had, I saw that you were in a 392 thread. 😆 I guess that answers the question of what's your motivation.

I was made a similar offer, but I have far too much in my Jeep that grossly outweighs that offer. If I was still stock and wanting something else, like a 392, I would've given it more than a moments thought.
You sir, are correct. I just dont know if I can pull the trigger on a $80k vehicle that is a toy.

Last edited:

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.

What would you do next?

OP
OP
jlang

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
What would you do next?
I would get another one for sure. I recently sold a 2016 2 door 6 speed for $34k. It had 48000 miles on it. I paid $30k for it in 2018. I then bought a 2018 JLU Sahara for $38k and flipped it to VROOM for 43600 4 months later. I paid $50k for the one I am in now and just received an offer for $55 for it. Yes, I have paid taxes on all of these and added some stuff etc but in the end, I really havent lost money. The JL isnt a daily driver and really only goes out on the weekends so I can wait for a new one. The problem is supply chain etc- I dont mind waiting for an order but I think my luck will run out if this bubble bursts.

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
What? And have to go through the PITA of getting all that warranty work done all over again?

#JeepBuildQuality
Sponsored