Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I zoomed in on the front spring part number... Its 59091 on the green sticker. that is the same as a factory Rubicon spring. until we get the full part numbers hard to tell what this is.
Correct. This confirms that there is no lift, unless a thicker spring retainer was added at top/bottom.

I'm going with the no lift theory.

Picture definitely shows normal rubicon spring part number.

Screenshot_20210907-151038_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Correct. This confirms that there is no lift, unless a thicker spring retainer was added at top/bottom.

I'm going with the no lift theory.
They could have revised the spring perches also.

Xavier613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
So whats the best course of action here? I mean we were sold a $4,000 option that is not as it was advertised. I would hate to back out of my purchase after months of waiting and selling my vehicle, but I am not paying for something that I am not receiving.

In my mind, this isnt the dealers' fault either as they were given the same information we were to my knowledge.

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
The FCA press release does specifically mention that it has a 1.5 inch lift. If they didn’t include that but paid for it I could see that being grounds for a deposit refund.

https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=22813&mid=
Was just going to mention the Press Release…

I can’t imagine there is no lift over a Stock Rubicon. We need to see measurements. I think the angle of the white one is distorting it’s height?

3 words if no lift…
Class Action Suit

or 2 words…

Mopar Lift on Jeep’s dime

They clearly advertise a 1.5 inch lift…

Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Doesn't the 392 already come with a small lift compared to a 3.6 Rubicon. So the Recon Extreme wouldn't actually add any lift compared to a standard 392. It should be cheaper on the 392 in that case.

vduc1098

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Does anyone know what the lift is on the stock rubicon? If that’s 1.5” maybe that’s what they are referring to… would be F*d up for them to do that as it’s totally misleading…

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
The FCA press release does specifically mention that it has a 1.5 inch lift. If they didn’t include that but paid for it I could see that being grounds for a deposit refund.

https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=22813&mid=
This was explored when the 2018s were not coming with offroad pages as they were supposed to. It was looked into and discovered that FCa does know what they are doing legally speaking as all items advertised are "subject to change" etc.

I am still trying to get details of why select tire fill alert is missing from new Rubicons. I have a feeling its TPMS shortages so they just left it off. however wanting a confirmation.

I understand the frustration for sure.

on the positive side, I really like the new color Mopar performance beadlocks. I hope to find a set to run on my 3.0 Rubicon.

Cat4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
As mentioned above, could it be that when they state 1.5” of lift they are referring to the basic rubicon lift?

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
1. You wouldn't think they would want a PR fiasco come on the heels of the Bronco fiasco(s)
2. Canceled orders are gonna sell regardless
3. Knock 2-3 grand off I'll take the wheels, gearing and the rest.

Sponsored

Bard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
As mentioned above, could it be that when they state 1.5” of lift they are referring to the basic rubicon lift?
I think that would be pretty messed up. Here is an excerpt from caranddriver

D064D27B-A73E-44F7-BFA3-905C2CA10768.png

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Was just going to mention the Press Release…

I can’t imagine there is no lift over a Stock Rubicon. We need to see measurements. I think the angle of the white one is distorting it’s height?

3 words if no lift…
Class Action Suit

or 2 words…

Mopar Lift on Jeep’s dime

They clearly advertise a 1.5 inch lift…
I seriously doubt it that if it does not have the lift they will do anything at all. Almost all press releases come with notations on them that they are accurate at time of release. They can make changes to production from what you were told when ordering it. You will have a choice to accept it or not accept it at time of arrival and get any down payment you made back.

Bard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Would there be a quick and easy way to know? I might be going to pick up this week or next. Dealer is not gonna know shit. Shouldnt just a measurement at the side and middle of the jeep at the bottom edge suffice as rough “ground clearance” and be about 3 inches higher than stock rubi? Tires i think 34.4-32.8 (1.6) and then the 1.5 inch lift ?

online says rubi stock ground clearance is 10.8 and the Xr is 12.9 inches (diff 2.1 inches) ….

not sure where they measure for that but should not really matter if I just compare same measurement site a stock vs XR right

Cat4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
I think that would be pretty messed up. Here is an excerpt from caranddriver

Jeep Wrangler JL First Extreme Recon Edition Package Jeep JL Rubicon I’ve seen! - Added suspension + more pics D064D27B-A73E-44F7-BFA3-905C2CA10768
Ya it’s very misleading. But devils advocate it’s saying a 1.5” lift, I would assume that’s 1.5” from a stock (non-rubicon) Jeep. Not 1.5” additional from a Rubicon. I have one on order, just trying to justify it haha

Bard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Here are numbers on motortrend more than tire size to account for difference

E7E921F0-B1C4-40FD-9449-0E0C32673DFB.png
Sponsored