Soft Top Options for 2-door JL Sport

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
I have the same premium top and love it.
Can you, or anyone else, elaborate on why you love it? I am trying to justify the $595. upgrade. Besides the quality of the fabric, are there differences in the way the premium top operates mechanically? There is not a single premium top on a dealer's lot near me so I can't assess it in person.
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Can you, or anyone else, elaborate on why you love it? I am trying to justify the $595. upgrade. Besides the quality of the fabric, are there differences in the way the premium top operates mechanically? There is not a single premium top on a dealer's lot near me so I can't assess it in person.
Functionally they are identical, but the Premium material is hugely impressive. It's a deeper black, softer to the touch and easier to manipulate, better insulates against heat and sound, resists fading, and is all around tough.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

harryG

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 renegade, 2021 willys (on order)
of course, first off im 68 years old and horizontaly challenged to a degree. once you remove the rear and side windows and the front latches are released by pulling the rear tab the entire top folds up and slides back effortlessly easy. same is true putting the top back up. there are no zippers to fight with as rear and side windows slide into channels. ill try top post some pics tomorrow. hope this helps.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Functionally they are identical, but the Premium material is hugely impressive. It's a deeper black, softer to the touch and easier to manipulate, better insulates against heat and sound, resists fading, and is all around tough.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Is the Twill easier to put windows back in when cold ? We go from delightfully warm to cold rain in minutes, so getting it back weather proof fast is important

Sponsored

gweber

First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
The twill stop is worth the extra cash imo. I am in Florida so mostly warm/hot but I like the soft top more than the hard top.

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
I had both, the twill top is definitely worth it. No twill top has become a deal breaker.

Glovetown

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler
So I checked with besttop and none of their 2 door models fold down. It appears the only option for a fold down 2 dr top is the Genuine Mopar soft top 2 door premium https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215804-fs.html
Its a shame because I just can't justify spending over $2,000 on a top just so it can fold down.
Grab the bestop nx 2 door and your done. It has the sunroof feature so who cares about the back seats. My kids have fun looking out the side windows anyway.

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy's Sport 2 door manual
I'm waiting for my 2 door JL to be built. Need a soft top but really dislike the oem softop - just hate the safari look and the sloppy look of the rods and that it doesn't go all the way down out of sight like my jk soft top does. With that said does anyone know:

Does the suntop "roll" down? Saw that phrase on their website but not sure what it meant.

How long to take a suntop on/off completely if I have it in but want to go topless?

On the suntop website there seems to be solid rods or plates or something on top of the tonneau cover on the mojito jeep pics...what are those?

How long to remove/ put on Mopar softtop completely if I don't want it blocking my view when down?

Considering just using the top lift pro to go hard top on/off on day to day basis but not sure how long I'll love that solution. Really means I'd have to make a firm decision each morning.

Not interested in sunrider options thanks for any help!

Sponsored

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hit the web and look at bestop nx 2 door sunroof feature. I dot think you’ll
Be disappointed. I’m not :)
Oh that looks much better than I thought.
Looks like it folds all the way down like my jk soft top and less rods and whatever when it is down. Thanks for pointing it out.

Any problems up and down?

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh that looks much better than I thought.
Looks like it folds all the way down like my jk soft top and less rods and whatever when it is down. Thanks for pointing it out.

Any problems up and down?
Just realized that one that goes up and down is only for jk!! You really got my hopes up but unfortunately that solves none of my issues. Thanks anyway.

If anyone can answer any of my questions in post #54 of this thread is really appreciate it.

Bee-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Just realized that one that goes up and down is only for jk!! You really got my hopes up but unfortunately that solves none of my issues. Thanks anyway.

If anyone can answer any of my questions in post #54 of this thread is really appreciate it.
I'm still disappointed that we're not seeing more aftermarket soft top options for the 2-door. I liked the factory top on my JK that folded all the way down and out of view.

I've removed the soft top completely a few times and it is pretty simple and just takes a few minutes (you get faster after a time or two of practice). Remove 2 bolts on each side where the soft top frame attaches to the roll bar, then it just lifts out of the way.

If you're going to have it off for a few days, I like to spend a few more minutes and take off the door surrounds and channels/mounting brackets attached to the roll bar, but not necessary to do.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
My wife and I want a soft top for our 2-door. After some online research, it looks like our options currently are:
  • OEM (choice of two fabrics)
  • Bestop Trektop (choice of two fabrics)
I like the fastback design of the Trektop. It's quite a bit cheaper than the OEM but it doesn't retract all the way. For those who have the Trektop, do you have any regrets?

@Bestop is selling the Trektop Ultra for the JLU (fastback, fully retractable). @Bestop ... Will you be producing a similar version for the 2-door?
I’ve been asking them for months over in the Vendor section, no update.