Sponsored

Lets see your 392 on 35's or 37's stock suspension or lifted...

baskethead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 89 Waggy, 14 Camaro SS, 20 Mojave, 21 392
Prob good to just buy a set of torx bits if you dont have them. Also i ended up buying a cordless electric ratchet set on amazon that made quick work of what seemed like hundreds of bolts :).

OP
OP
RELBUS

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Prob good to just buy a set of torx bits if you dont have them. Also i ended up buying a cordless electric ratchet set on amazon that made quick work of what seemed like hundreds of bolts :).
Good advice. Everyone who owns a jeep should have a set for sure. I even have the necessary torx bits in my luggage so when I travel I can pull the top and doors on my rental Jeeps...since they never seem to have the tool kit in the vehicle.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
This is good advice. The one that came with my 18 JLUR was rendered inoperable within a year. I got my own set and I don't even know where the one that came with my 392 is.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I’m getting so excited to pick mine up. I feel like a damn kid haha.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I was worried about the look and even bought spacers. I kept going back and forth with 35s but decided I needed the 37s since we just ordered a rubi extreme recon in tuscadero for my wife :)
Perfect :) unbelievably pumped. Question, I bought a spare tire relocation plate. I plan to put that on when I do my other upgrades in a few weeks. Were you able to get this tire onto the standard/stock spare plate without issue?

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Perfect :) unbelievably pumped. Question, I bought a spare tire relocation plate. I plan to put that on when I do my other upgrades in a few weeks. Were you able to get this tire onto the standard/stock spare plate without issue?
Discount Tire in Denver didn't give me any grief installing 37" KO2s on my stock 392 wheels. However, they did have to take off the beauty ring because the ring interfered with their equipments ability to push the bead below the wheel lip. They even apologized for taking a bit longer because of this issue and wishing they had more up to date equipment to handle the combined girth of the wheel lip and beauty ring.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I got the mopar tire relocation bracket to be safe
Discount Tire in Denver didn't give me any grief installing 37" KO2s on my stock 392 wheels. However, they did have to take off the beauty ring because the ring interfered with their equipments ability to push the bead below the wheel lip. They even apologized for taking a bit longer because of this issue and wishing they had more up to date equipment to handle the combined girth of the wheel lip and beauty ring.
I bought a tire relocation kit as well but I know discount tire won’t install this piece. I’m driving back from Arizona on Sunday. I’ll probably get back later in the evening.

I am having my tires put on the next day. The only thing I want to make sure is that this tire will fit for a couple days on the stock carrier until I swap it out with the tire relocation kit I purchased.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
I bought a tire relocation kit as well but I know discount tire won’t install this piece. I’m driving back from Arizona on Sunday. I’ll probably get back later in the evening.

I am having my tires put on the next day. The only thing I want to make sure is that this tire will fit for a couple days on the stock carrier until I swap it out with the tire relocation kit I purchased.
I believe you may have to carry the tire in the rear cargo area. Although I didn't try to put on the stock tire carrier, I have read elsewhere on this forum and on FB that the 37" may not fit on the stock tire carrier.

Safe travels and good luck.
Sponsored