Sponsored

Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet?

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
The more I though about it, the less frustrated I got with my sales person. Most of us are at least doing TL, so we’re getting these for invoice and the dealerships making $1500 or so in holdback, plus whatever the volume incentives are. The sales guy gets what, 25% of that? With a 10+ week order time frame, if he was to spend time every day updating me his equivalent hourly income for the deal is probably less than $20/hour.
Oh yes, I definitely didn't expect daily updates. Weekly would have been nice, though. If I were in these salespeople's positions, I'd have a spreadsheet with sheets for each day of the week, enter a customer on a sheet based on the day of the week they ordered, and then once a day use that to check that day's subset of the orders for updates. Because they have a screen with a list of open orders and statuses, it would take less than 30s per customer, then another few minutes for emailing the very small handful that changed that day. It would have saved him time responding to my every 7-10 day email, too.

Regardless, I'm not really frustrated with him as much as I am just frustrated with the whole process. At the end of the day, FCA/STLA shouldn't have the dealer be the sole source of detailed information about the order or the shipping process. I keep going back to 2004 when I ordered a Z4 -- once the dealer gave me the VIN, I could log into a web app provided by BMW and get detailed information about where the vehicle was in the production process as well as a delivery estimate so I could plan my trip to the performance center in SC. In 2004.

Definitely different rails for sure (BNSF and UP down here). I'm with you though, when ordering a Jeep they should just tell you up front - have zero expectations in the next 20 weeks. I checked with my sales guy yesterday and my jeep is still sitting at the yard waiting to be assigned a truck carrier to get it to the dealership. Been there for 4 days now...I'm 1.5 days into my original 9/2-9/13 schedule. I will be so pissed if it sits there another 10 days.
That sucks that it’s so close yet so far away. The holiday weekend is probably going to affect how long it takes to get on a truck, unfortunately. I’m hoping mine gets to the rail yard today or tomorrow and hops a truck Tuesday-Thursday so I can pick up on Thursday or next Saturday.
Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Oh yes, I definitely didn't expect daily updates. Weekly would have been nice, though. If I were in these salespeople's positions, I'd have a spreadsheet with sheets for each day of the week, enter a customer on a sheet based on the day of the week they ordered, and then once a day use that to check that day's subset of the orders for updates. Because they have a screen with a list of open orders and statuses, it would take less than 30s per customer, then another few minutes for emailing the very small handful that changed that day. It would have saved him time responding to my every 7-10 day email, too.

Regardless, I'm not really frustrated with him as much as I am just frustrated with the whole process. At the end of the day, FCA/STLA shouldn't have the dealer be the sole source of detailed information about the order or the shipping process. I keep going back to 2004 when I ordered a Z4 -- once the dealer gave me the VIN, I could log into a web app provided by BMW and get detailed information about where the vehicle was in the production process as well as a delivery estimate so I could plan my trip to the performance center in SC. In 2004.

That sucks that it’s so close yet so far away. The holiday weekend is probably going to affect how long it takes to get on a truck, unfortunately. I’m hoping mine gets to the rail yard today or tomorrow and hops a truck Tuesday-Thursday so I can pick up on Thursday or next Saturday.
Even if they can't share the reasoning how builds get managed and moved through the system they should simply automate the information to us, the customers. Way easier for all of us to simply look and see where it is.

Now if they really want to help, they could put estimated dates for the next step, i.e. parts gathered, build start date xx/xx.

darawler

First Name
Pulkit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 hyundai santa fe
Occupation
IT
Well, tomorrow will be two weeks from shipped date for me and I live in NE Pennsylvania. Didn’t think it would take this long to get here from Toledo 🙄
Holy moly..just got a call from my dealer that my Sahara 4xe arrived in their lot and am going tomorrow to pick it up..damn what a great surprise and thkfully was in town for labor day!
Guess I got lucky with 5 weeks delivery from order date

J33pgrl

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX STI
Ffiinnnnallllyyy!!

For those rhat haven’t taken delivery - jeeps delivery system was hacked. No jeeps are moving.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? A42B47F3-55ED-4EEA-AAEC-7CDFB51EC52C

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? A42B47F3-55ED-4EEA-AAEC-7CDFB51EC52C
Where did that info come from? Does that mean Jeeps already in transit are affected as well? WTF.

Sponsored

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Ffiinnnnallllyyy!!

For those rhat haven’t taken delivery - jeeps delivery system was hacked. No jeeps are moving.
Glad you finally got yours!! 87 days. I hope mine is not far behind.

Who gave you the info about the delivery system? I’m skeptical until/unless confirmed by other sources…

mastrcruse

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Glad you finally got yours!! 87 days. I hope mine is not far behind.

Who gave you the info about the delivery system? I’m skeptical until/unless confirmed by other sources…

2 Sales managers today (one was my sales guy) said all jeeps in transit are to stay put until the system is back up. Builds aren’t impacted, in transit units are supposedly.

He said I got lucky cause mine was on a trailer before they shut it down.

Last edited:

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
2 Sales managers today (one was my sales guy) said all jeeps in transit are to stay put until the system is back up. Builds aren’t impacted, in transit units are supposedly.

What is there to gain from hacking a vehicle tracking platform? its not like you can just walk up to the rail yard and drive off? This whole summer has been a saga to try to take delivery

Last edited:

Sponsored

JEEBBILLZ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0L (Ordered 5/11)
Vehicle Showcase

Mine is in transit right now. Cherry on top of the 18 week wait for mine 😂😂😂😂🤢🤣

BubbaCon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
He is home! Ordered 5/22, arrived at the dealer on August 12, I did not take delivery until Sept 1 as I was away in OBX when it arrived.

Crazy story, I went over around 3pm on Sept 1 to take delivery as the remnants of Hurricane Ida were hitting my area that night...well I did not get out of the dealer until around 6:00pm, what should have taken about 10 minutes to get 5 miles, took me a little over an hour and 25 miles to get home. Found out the next day that my 2013 Rubicon that I just traded in the night before was totalled in the flooding the night before.

So glad I went and picked it up when I did!

Now for the mods to begin, these things are like adult Lego's!
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone who ordered gorilla glass in D1 status yet? 2021 IG

GCM4XE

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4XE
Moved to D1 this morning.. ordered on 7/14, estimated ship date of 9/13. Kills me seeing all of these people on here getting their Jeep a month after ordering it... but I know there's a bunch of people waiting 10+ weeks too
Well... its 9/7 and still in D1.... safe to assume it won't be shipping out on 9/13..... wonderful
Sponsored