Not open for further replies.

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
not trying to beat a dead horse here, we all know folks a very opinionated on the topic of etorque on this forum.
This guy on reddit linked me his build sheet/window sticker from the jeep website showing his 2021 JLU with a 3.6 A/T and NO etorque. he claims to have been able to order it because he has a friend at the dealership
do you think he actually managed to get this somehow or lying?

here is the link https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXDG8MW808261
here's a pic for people who don't want to click on a internet strangers link

please lets not start another etorque debate.....

Capture.PNG
Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
not trying to beat a dead horse here, we all know folks a very opinionated on the topic of etorque on this forum.
This guy on reddit linked me his build sheet/window sticker from the jeep website showing his 2021 JLU with a 3.6 A/T and NO etorque. he claims to have been able to order it because he has a friend at the dealership

here is the link https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4HJXDG8MW808261

Jeep Wrangler JL dude allegedly gets 2021 3.6 A/T with NO etorque Capture.PNG
What would be his motivation to lie about this? And unless you're planning to order the same, why does it matter?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Lol so he got ESS instead. Hardly something to brag about.

Now if you could hack the ordering and get a V6 without either system, that would be pretty badass.
if this is true that seems to be the case

OldMarine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
The Willys comes standard without eTourqe on the V6. When I ordered mine the salesperson came back with the initial ordering sheet for me to confirm and it read the same way.
I was confused so I pulled up the order guide and that is the default V6 engine choice. I’m going to shut off ESS, so I stuck with the little aux battery and saved the money.
I don’t know if that will end up being a good or bad decision, I guess I’ll find out.
The online B&P and order guide conflict in this situation.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
The Willys comes standard without eTourqe on the V6. When I ordered mine the salesperson came back with the initial ordering sheet for me to confirm and it read the same way.
I was confused so I pulled up the order guide and that is the default V6 engine choice. I’m going to shut off ESS, so I stuck with the little aux battery and saved the money.
I don’t know if that will end up being a good or bad decision, I guess I’ll find out.
The online B&P and order guide conflict in this situation.
Ooh okay that makes sense.

Sponsored

Mike8194

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
I think Jeep will have a tough time marketing/selling eTorque if it is not a forced option. It works really well, but I probably would not have selected/paid for it, given the option. I will say, I have been surprisingly happy with the eTorque system and how smooth it operates. Reading the ESS battery horror stories, further validated my purchase. Who knows how it will play out long term, but the 8yr /80k warranty on the hybrid parts makes me feel better about eTorque, since I only drive about 6k/yr. I also don’t see nearly the complaints about eTorque on this forum (or the Dodge forum), that are reported on the ESS system.

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD

Capture.PNG
Mine is a non-etorque as well
Sponsored

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.