Rltgold

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 E350 extended van Agile 4X4 Alumness
Hi,
My name is Roderick and thanks for the ad to the forum. I recently purchased a new to me 2010 Ford extended 4X4 van. It has a ARB Twin compressor with rear ARB locker and front & rear quick release air hose connectors.
The compressor is cycling every 30 sec. which I'm told means there is an air leak somewhere. I was told by the ARB tech's that is the compressor is turned on and the locker is not engaged it is not the locker. Is that correct?
Next I sprayed the whole airline system down that I could get to and found 1 pinhole which I fixed
Still cycling 30sec.
So what's next?
I was told maybe the Pressure switch, O rings in the pump,
Any suggestions would be appreciated .
Thanks !
Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Switch the compressor on but not the locker then spray soapy water on the diff breather and where the air line from the compressor goes into the diff. If soapy bubbles appear you have a leaking locker.

Do the same test again but with the second test switch both the compressor and locker on.

lastly spray soapy water on every airline fitting, watch for soapy bubbles appearing at the joints of the fittings. You will find the air leak.

OP
OP

Rltgold

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Switch the compressor on but not the locker then spray soapy water on the diff breather and where the air line from the compressor goes into the diff. If soapy bubbles appear you have a leaking locker.

Do the same test again but with the second test switch both the compressor and locker on.

lastly spray soapy water on every airline fitting, watch for soapy bubbles appearing at the joints of the fittings. You will find the air leak.
Hi Silversurfer,
No air leaks that I can find with a soapy spray down.
One tech said maybe the pressure switch???

OP
OP

Rltgold

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sprayed the entire deff and surrounding area. No leaks
Sponsored