Sponsored

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
If you’re getting a regear job done for $800 on a JK or JL, you’re getting a half ass job. Parts alone - gears and master install kits from a reputable company like Revolution - are $600-$800. When I worked at an off road shop it was $1650 for JK and $1825 for JL for regear.

With the 8 speed the 4.56 should be more than manageable for 37’s.

Im still looking forward to mine coming in!

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Some of the responses in this thread just proves no matter what Jeep offered there would be no end of the whiny gashes complaining about something.
392? Dana 80’s Atlas II? 42” stickies? “Yeah but the wind noise drowns out the stereo when Brittany Spears is on”.
Fucking whiny bitches!

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Looks awesome but should have got the recon badge.

Plus what half the price of doing it yourself?

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Looking at the picture again, I wonder if the angle it was taken at makes the flare extensions look like the tire to flare gap is smaller than it really is. It might actually look about right once the stupid things are removed.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I don’t have to, I’ve already done it. I have these exact wheels and tires, a modest suspension lift, and the spare tire bracket. It’s a great value from the factory if you keep them as is. It seems like a waste if you build over on top of it.
FWIW I ordered a JLUR in July with a 3.6 and it was a forced option. But, I’m not mad at it. Pricing for beadlock wheels and regear was already in my build. And was already going to cost $4k. This comes with a lot more stuff above and beyond that, and maintains a warranty. The value seems obvious to me. I’m happy to have it. If it doesn’t make sense for your build, that’s cool too man.

Also,

Sorry in advance, you had pretty cool unique wheels on your Jeep, and now a whole crowd of people are going to be running them.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Looks awesome but should have got the recon badge.

Plus what half the price of doing it yourself?
Agreed and how much could it possibly cost to add the Recon Badge or do a custom one yourself..lol $100??? I will be putting on the Recon badge above the Jeep badge on both sides personally looks good to me!!

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
FWIW I ordered a JLUR in July with a 3.6 and it was a forced option. But, I’m not mad at it. Pricing for beadlock wheels and regear was already in my build. And was already going to cost $4k. This comes with a lot more stuff above and beyond that, and maintains a warranty. The value seems obvious to me. I’m happy to have it. If it doesn’t make sense for your build, that’s cool too man.

Also,

Sorry in advance, you had pretty cool unique wheels on your Jeep, and now a whole crowd of people are going to be running them.
Meh, mine have colors inverted. I prefer the silver rings with black wheels.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Silver rings are awesome. I like bronze wheels but I think they did a good job on their pick for wheels on the XR. It's pretty rare to see a good wheel option come from the factory.

Deleted member 59498

Agreed and how much could it possibly cost to add the Recon Badge or do a custom one yourself..lol $100??? I will be putting on the Recon badge above the Jeep badge on both sides personally looks good to me!!
Yep I would be buying one. 73 bucks per badge I seen on quick search.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I like the look too. I’ll be running silver rings as well since that is how the true beadlock rings come and I think it looks like crap when powder coated rings get trashed.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you guys bitching about the price? You either like what's in the package and get it or don't ffs. There is no question it's a great value. If you start replacing parts in the package for aftermarket then why buy it in the first place? It's not complicated.
To be fair, adding a lift, swapping the wheels and the tires is what Jeep owners have been doing for the last 80 years.

What are we supposed to do now? Buy a Jeep and just, like ...drive it...? 😫
Sponsored