Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

If you’re replacing the suspsension, the tires, and remounting the wheels with the beadlock rings, where are you getting the 4000 dollar value here?
Gears, tailgate reinforcement, spare tire relocation bracket, upgraded axles and brakes. I was already planning on getting beadlocks, and for $500 in rings I’ll have them. That’s huge money saved just in wheels.

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
Here is my 4cyl Rubi on 35s with a 392 suspension takeoff (bottom) for comparison. I call it The cheap XR package.

4685303D-C9F8-4409-93D7-40DCA78DDE4F.jpeg
I just got my take off 392 suspension on friday, I’ll be putting it on a 3.0 rubicon. If the coil springs don’t work out right the shocks and longer sway bar lengths were worth it. I’ll probably get a bump stop kit, track bar, and front LCA’s.
I’m debating whether to get the same tires you are running in a 35 also instead of the 37s I originally wanted. How do you like these tires so far, is there much road noise? I ran MT atz p3’s on my wife’s jk, I got about 45,000 miles out of those tires.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I got the Mopar lift less than a year ago, installed, for $2,000; had regearing done twice before for $800 each. I got a Mopar tailgate reinforcement knockoff on Amazon for $110.
$800 per axle right? if not you have found an extremely extremely good place to get it done most people pay $2k for a complete regear for parts and labor! Knockoffs don’t count either and No warranty so the cost for the Mopar rear gate is $695 uninstalled!! Again I am agreeing with everything else you have said but for 90% of people to replicate exactly what Jeep is giving you for $3,995 would cost them over 7K and it would have zero warranty other then a 1 year part warranty most likely!!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Gears, tailgate reinforcement, spare tire relocation bracket, upgraded axles and brakes. I was already planning on getting beadlocks, and for $500 in rings I’ll have them. That’s huge money saved just in wheels.
What’s different about the axles? I’m not convinced that 4.56 is enough of a change to run 37’s comfortably, everyone seems to be going with 4.88’s at minimum.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
$800 per axle right? if not you have found an extremely extremely good place to get it done most people pay $2k for a complete regear for parts and labor! Knockoffs don’t count either and No warranty so the cost for the Mopar rear gate is $695 uninstalled!! Again I am agreeing with everything else you have said but for 90% of people to replicate exactly what Jeep is giving you for $3,995 would cost them over 7K and it would have zero warranty other then a 1 year part warranty most likely!!
Man, you sound like the guy who calls me all day long about my vehicle’s expiring warranty. Do you get paid by FCA?

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Man, you sound like the guy who calls me all day long about my vehicle’s expiring warranty. Do you get paid by FCA?
Nope just believe finally we got a great deal from Jeep thanks to the new Bronco..lol.. Seriously it’s an awesome value for everything I would be upgrading on my 2022 when I am able to order one! Lol

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Nope just believe finally we got a great deal from Jeep thanks to the new Bronco..lol.. Seriously it’s an awesome value for everything I would be upgrading on my 2022 when I am able to order one! Lol
It’s a great value as long as you don’t immediately remove the suspension and install a 2000 dollar lift kit on top of this.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What’s different about the axles? I’m not convinced that 4.56 is enough of a change to run 37’s comfortably, everyone seems to be going with 4.88’s at minimum.
I’ve heard they are the same as the gladiators heavy duty axles that include heavy wall tubing and knuckles. I keep seeing those guys pushing bigger and bigger tires with heavier vehicles than ours. IMO 4.88 are perfect for 37s, but 4.56 will be just fine. I’m more than happy with the package, and I definitely see the value in it. It’s clearly not for everyone but I’m stoked to have all of it from the factory, under warranty, and on my VIN. Unlike doing everything aftermarket, this actually increases the value of the Jeep.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
It’s a great value as long as you don’t immediately remove the suspension and install a 2000 dollar lift kit on top of this.
Why are you guys bitching about the price? You either like what's in the package and get it or don't ffs. There is no question it's a great value. If you start replacing parts in the package for aftermarket then why buy it in the first place? It's not complicated.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I’ve heard they are the same as the gladiators heavy duty axles that include heavy wall tubing and knuckles. I keep seeing those guys pushing bigger and bigger tires with heavier vehicles than ours. IMO 4.88 are perfect for 37s, but 4.56 will be just fine. I’m more than happy with the package, and I definitely see the value in it. It’s clearly not for everyone but I’m stoked to have all of it from the factory, under warranty, and on my VIN. Unlike doing everything aftermarket, this actually increases the value of the Jeep.
The resale value of a Jeep is a funny thing.

Do we have any actual details on the brake upgrades? I’d love to swap mine out when I eventually need brakes.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Go price upgrading everything in the package.
I don’t have to, I’ve already done it. I have these exact wheels and tires, a modest suspension lift, and the spare tire bracket. It’s a great value from the factory if you keep them as is. It seems like a waste if you build over on top of it.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
4.56s are perfect when you’re planning on running 37s on your 392 😎
Agree, but I’m to chea.... errrr chintz... uhhh I know frugal, to all but give away $1400 worth of tires and spend the same for new ones. Plus I had to install step sliders yesterday because my wife tried to get in and said “ this is bulls....t I need running boards) so If I go bigger than 35’s I will never hear the end of it

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Why are you guys bitching about the price? You either like what's in the package and get it or don't ffs. There is no question it's a great value. If you start replacing parts in the package for aftermarket then why buy it in the first place? It's not complicated.
Discussion =/= bitching, friend
Sponsored