First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I simply called around to all the dealers within 100 miles of me and finally found an honest one today. By “honest“ I mean a dealer that’s not trying to convince me “everyone” is paying above MSRP for the 392’s.
I’m curious how many total dealers did you talk to you within 100 miles of you? What was the added dealer markup most of them were putting on 392s?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I’m curious how many total dealers did you talk to you within 100 miles of you? What was the added dealer markup most of them were putting on 392s?
I called 5 or 6 dealers. A couple said forget it they couldn’t order one, period. A couple said they wanted “market price” and “people are paying 10 to 15k over sticker”. I told them forget it. One dealer I got down to $5k over sticker but he wouldn’t budge below that. Very frustrating. So this last dealer I called today I didn’t even bother with a salesman, I just went right to the sales manager and asked him to sell me one MSRP and he said sure. He will be getting the sale.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
If you can swing that kind of money like it's a drop in the bucket then do it. If not DON'T!!

This is hard for me to say because I owned a 392 Scat Pack Dodge Challenger. I F-ing loved that car and the engine. But I paid $38k brand new in 2015.

I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around the $80k price of the 392 Jeep. There's no reason for it to cost that much. And even if there is the price is just insane to me.

The standard Rubicon is built to pretty much go anywhere on the planet regardless of the engine. The 2.0T or the V6 will get you anywhere you need to go off road and then some. Sure you get a cool V8 and sound but you also gain 400lbs on the front end which is not ideal for Off-roading.

In the end only you can decide if your budget can swing it and it's absolutely worth it to you. For me no way.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I called 5 or 6 dealers. A couple said forget it they couldn’t order one, period. A couple said they wanted “market price” and “people are paying 10 to 15k over sticker”. I told them forget it. One dealer I got down to $5k over sticker but he wouldn’t budge below that. Very frustrating. So this last dealer I called today I didn’t even bother with a salesman, I just went right to the sales manager and asked him to sell me one MSRP and he said sure. He will be getting the sale.
Makes perfect sense. Pretty much everybody is at MSRP or ADM here in Southern California so that’s why I’m going to Arizona to get it at MSRP.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
If you can swing that kind of money like it's a drop in the bucket then do it. If not DON'T!!

This is hard for me to say because I owned a 392 Scat Pack Dodge Challenger. I F-ing loved that car and the engine. But I paid $38k brand new in 2015.

I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around the $80k price of the 392 Jeep. There's no reason for it to cost that much. And even if there is the price is just insane to me.

The standard Rubicon is built to pretty much go anywhere on the planet regardless of the engine. The 2.0T or the V6 will get you anywhere you need to go off road and then some. Sure you get a cool V8 and sound but you also gain 400lbs on the front end which is not ideal for Off-roading.

In the end only you can decide if your budget can swing it and it's absolutely worth it to you. For me no way.
A lot of people were doing swaps that cost about this much or sometimes more without a factory warranty. I think it’s for that crowd.

but yes it’s completely unnecessary and entirely overkill. I think that’s part of its appeal.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
But I want a change and my cousin has a 3 year old Wrangler which I drove a few times and liked. But it’s not a 392...

I am also having last minute trouble in my head spending so much money on this Jeep.
Go with your gut. Get a nice non 392 Rubi. The money that you save, put it towards any mods that you want.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
My gut says 392. I’ve been thinking about this for months and can't wait any longer.
Then take a deep breath, breathe in, do it and don’t look back. You live EVERYDAY that you’re on this planet. The 392 is a beast of a machine. If you have the means to afford it comfortably, it’s the best $80k you’ll spend on a Wrangler.