First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Has anyone done a cost-to-reproduce the Extreme Recon Package? Sounds like the prevailing opinion is that it's a good deal. Do the numbers bear that out?

[Searched. Couldn't find anything on this subject]

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
  • Mopar lift: $2,000, installed
  • Five new wheels and 35-inch tires $3,000, minus $1,000 for your takeoff wheels and tires = $2,000
  • Re-gearing: $1,000
  • Fender flash: priceless!
Total ~ $5,000

Factory cost for XR = $4,000, minus any discount you might get off MSRP

Pros of XR:
  1. Less total cost
  2. Covered by warranty
  3. Counts towards resale
Pros of DIY:
  1. You get to choose any lift you want
  2. Looks like you get more lift from a Mopar lift than from that XR lift
  3. You get to choose any wheel and tire combination you want
  4. If you already own a Rubicon, chances are it will be cheaper to upgrade than to trade it in

Last edited:

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Were you able to get any sense of how Xtreme it actually was? Were there TWO cans of Mountain Dew Code Red in the cup holders?!!

And guys, lay off the fender xtensions. Those are actually grip points for the owner’s hands and feet so he/she can do a wicked xtreme parkour demonstration involving the Jeep when they roll up on a crowd.

Last edited:

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
The Mopar lift on a Rubicon nets you like what a half inch over a standard Rubicon suspension? I know it isn't much. The Rubicon already comes with suspension that fits 35s comfortably. The only benefit I can see with the Extreme Recon package is the 4.56 gearing and the Fox shocks. For me I don't think that's worth $4k or whatever it is. I'll just throw 35s on my Rubicon when I get it and save money.

Probably run the standard 33s until they're toast before switching to 35s though for the type of off-roading I'll be doing.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar lift on a Rubicon nets you like what a half inch over a standard Rubicon suspension? I know it isn't much. The Rubicon already comes with suspension that fits 35s comfortably. The only benefit I can see with the Extreme Recon package is the 4.56 gearing and the Fox shocks. For me I don't think that's worth $4k or whatever it is. I'll just throw 35s on my Rubicon when I get it and save money.

Probably run the standard 33s until they're toast before switching to 35s though for the type of off-roading I'll be doing.
The Mopar lift netted 3.5 inches of lift on my Sahara. If Rubicon sits 1-inch higher than Sahara, that means a Mopar lift would get you at least 2 inches of lift on a Rubicon.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR

Please cite your source regarding the Fox shocks.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
And guys, lay off the fender xtensions. Those are actually grip points for the owner’s hands and feet so he/she can do a wicked xtreme parkour demonstration when they roll up on a crowd.
Ha! I though they were grip points for the owner when the dealers shows up with the sales contract... 😫

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Please cite your source regarding the Fox shocks.
I thought the extreme Recon came with them? It doesn't? Dam. Lol. Made my point even better then.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The Mopar lift netted 3.5 inches of lift on my Sahara. If Rubicon sits 1-inch higher than Sahara, that means a Mopar lift would get you at least 2 inches of lift on a Rubicon.
I don't think that's correct. From everything I've read. The Mopar lift is mainly for non Rubicon models to get them pretty much on par with the Rubicon. The Rubicon doesn't benefit that much from it height wise. I think the stock Rubicon is lifted higher then you think.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think that's correct. From everything I've read. The Mopar lift is mainly for non Rubicon models to get them pretty much on par with the Rubicon. The Rubicon doesn't benefit that much from it height wise. I think the stock Rubicon is lifted higher then you think.
I don’t know where you got that the Mopar lift is mainly for non-Rubicon models.

The “2-inch” Mopar lift is severely under labeled. Every post I’ve seen by a non-Runbicon owner got similar results to mine: between 3 and 4 inches of lift.

Which suggests, FCA labeled it the “2-inch” lift to indicate the minimum lift any Wrangler owner, Rubicon or not, is likely to get —and to get insurance companies off our backs.
Sponsored