Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you running ? Just off-road around your area? Jeff's Rubi not like your JELLY one!!! šŸ˜Ž :LOL: :swear:

My son is buying his first house currently in Jacksonville. When its all said and done I will be going to see him. Maybe we can hook up your way and Jeff's.
Going to Hard Rock... that sounds good brother.......

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Heā€™s running with me tomorrow, I canā€™t promise anything..lol....... Oh , just so Iā€™m not accused of hijacking....... if guys wanna make this a big deal, knock yourself out, but until I see more than one instance of catastrophic failure do to engine heat, Iā€™m gonna carry on as is, and choose not to buy the snake oil this time, lol. Go drive a 70s Vette with a 454, thereā€™s some heat.....But opinions vary, and this is just mine....Some of these vents do look cool though.....;).
I just lay under my hood with my shirt off and belly hanging out, thats hot šŸ˜‰šŸ˜†

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Going to Hard Rock... that sounds good brother.......
Ok ,just watched videos from Hard Rock Trail park. I guess I am just not rugged ass Jeeper. :swear:

I guess those Jeepers are like your Jelly Jeep cause they look like they are just tearing Jeeps up. One flipped over. Raining and just total mud. Driving with trees scraping sides of Jeep. Bouncing off rocks and sides of walls.

Don't laugh at me but I assume lots have jeeps that are just made to tear the F-up.

I know Jeff's Rubi is brand new and mine only has 785 miles on it and yours's looks well kept.

I guess I just need to Jeep the F---k up. I for sure need the set of 17's and take these mistake 20's off and use for home driving and put the 17's on for off-road.

Still not sure about 37's. Reading and asking all these pros/cons just might as well do this. :headbang:

:facepalm::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok ,just watched videos from Hard Rock Trail park. I guess I am just not rugged ass Jeeper. :swear:

I guess those Jeepers are like your Jelly Jeep cause they look like they are just tearing Jeeps up. One flipped over. Raining and just total mud. Driving with trees scraping sides of Jeep. Bouncing off rocks and sides of walls.

Don't laugh at me but I assume lots have jeeps that are just made to tear the F-up.

I know Jeff's Rubi is brand new and mine only has 785 miles on it and yours's looks well kept.

I guess I just need to Jeep the F---k up. I for sure need the set of 17's and take these mistake 20's off and use for home driving and put the 17's on for off-road.

Still not sure about 37's. Reading and asking all these pros/cons just might as well do this. :headbang:

:facepalm::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear:
AND I be damn if you didn't laugh at MEEEE !!!! šŸ˜Ž

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
AND I be damn if you didn't laugh at MEEEE !!!! šŸ˜Ž
Itā€™s all good brother, not laughing at you , laughing with you .....šŸ˜...... weā€™ll stay on the bunny slopes....

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s all good brother, not laughing at you , laughing with you .....šŸ˜...... weā€™ll stay on the bunny slopes....
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Now I fall under bunny slopes !!!! šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž:whew:

OP
OP
Bad Scott

Bad Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
HUGE ā€œlikeā€ to this post! My experience in Florida heat and water is the same. Another concern I have, which stops me from cutting the hood under my Rubicon hood vents, is a bow wave washing over the hood when entering a water crossing with speed and momentum. Besides, as previously stated, my 2.0T ALWAYS operates within normal temperature limits during blazing-hot Florida summer weather.
Hey Jeff, I used to work in Sarasota. I'm an Army veteran as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bad Scott

Bad Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The hood pad has nothing to do with heat and paint, itā€™s a sound insulation pad. The paint gets hotter in the sun than from underneath.
on the JL it also serves to route vent water to the edge of the hood for disposal. Iā€™ve taken my pad and sent it to the recycler and cut the sides out of the vent
3F120A30-5F00-4835-BFAA-CA3784DCBD82.jpeg
to release heat and attached a couple of hoses glued to plastic to route the water to the hood seals and out of the back of the engine compartment! Itā€™s been this way since January 2018! Check the photo.

8AD11FD5-B76A-41F1-A4A2-78F5D99633DE.jpeg
Wow, you've takin' it to the next level! Nice work.

OP
OP
Bad Scott

Bad Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ronbo Ranger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Oh, so you mean these? See attached. Iā€™ve had them since 2019, absolutely love them.

4A64E625-A286-4373-B7FB-279FD928DDFE.jpeg

7B5416A4-D958-425D-9B51-90836B69F800.jpeg
The S&B Hood Scoops are designed to fit the 2018-2020 Wrangler JL and 2020 Gladiator Rubicon hood.
I just emailed them to find out if they'll work for 2021 JLUR. Those are nice scoops for just $200.00 bucks.
Sponsored