just took delivery - question for those who have already gotten their Jeep

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Well, I would say walk away from the deal, but since you drove it home it’s probably too late. The paint protection and interior protection is pretty much a profit builder for the dealer. Also since you’re in Florida you really don’t need either in my opinion. Others can chime in who may know more.

The wheel locks were an extra my dealer gave me but I paid for it. You should have gotten at least one like you said.

Can you opt out of the paint and interior protection and get your money back for those items? If so do it.

For the tool kit make sure you’ve got it. It should be listed on your window sticker and it’s called the “torx tool kit”.

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
Well, I would say walk away from the deal, but since you drove it home it’s probably too late. The paint protection and interior protection is pretty much a profit builder for the dealer. Also since you’re in Florida you really don’t need either in my opinion. Others can chime in who may know more.

The wheel locks were an extra my dealer gave me but I paid for it. You should have gotten at least one like you said.

Can you opt out of the paint and interior protection and get your money back for those items? If so do it.

For the tool kit make sure you’ve got it. It should be listed on your window sticker and it’s called the “torx tool kit”.
I'm going to go check the trunk and the Itemized price sheet.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Do you still have the window sticker? If not, you might be able to pull it up online since you just got it. I would need the dealers name, location, and part of your vin to find a match.

Sponsored

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded

Found the Tool Kit. Wrapped in a rolled up black carrying case. Also, I ordered the jeep Trail Rated Kit.. do not see that in Jeep. I think that was the item that was supposed to be in the red carrying bag. Will call them tomorrow. Nervous about this protector spray. They added it to our monthly payment. Is it worth it for paying on it..

NitroFill- package empty? Need to register per back of package? For?
Mopar Wheel Lock, where is the rest of the stuff in package. Yes, has 1 in it... lol

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
Do you still have the window sticker? If not, you might be able to pull it up online since you just got it. I would need the dealers name, location, and part of your vin to find a match.
Your jeep is So bad ass. Like the red. The Rubicon pops.. Are you getting Sliders, Rails? I am on the hunt. Like Mopar but Pricey.. also looking for door sill guards.

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
^^^
Are they charging you for the paint protector? If so, pass.

Also, with the tow pkg you get the splices...I attached a pic. Also, make sure you got the tool kit which I think comes with every Jeep. Another thing that some Rubicon’s are missing is the black fuel door. Make sure that’s on the there...plus check all your fenders to make sure they match and you got the right ones.

6B0C8DA2-9494-4660-B10F-C20715A52845.jpeg

63292505-8775-4BDC-AD15-1FA4CC5AD64E.jpeg
Fenders.. all painted as ordered to match.. lol

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
JeepÂź Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Found the Tool Kit. Wrapped in a rolled up black carrying case. Also, I ordered the jeep Trail Rated Kit.. do not see that in Jeep. I think that was the item that was supposed to be in the red carrying bag. Will call them tomorrow. Nervous about this protector spray. They added it to our monthly payment. Is it worth it for paying on it..

NitroFill- package empty? Need to register per back of package? For?
Mopar Wheel Lock, where is the rest of the stuff in package. Yes, has 1 in it... lol
They added the protectant warranty to your monthly payment ...and they provided your financing? Raises LOTS of red flags in my eyes. Even if they didn’t provide your financing, I’d still say get a refund if possible. Or spend a LOT of time reading the fine print for exclusions and what is considered wear and tear...

For what it’s worth, the Trail Rated kit may be in the Parts department, so make sure they check there.

Did your tires come filled with nitrogen? I’m guessing that you have to register to get the warranty for fills. I’ve never had nitrogen fills, so I can’t say for sure. But I would ask someone to get you a phone number or a. Website to contact to register the warranty, or call Jeep Cares and ask them for help. Free warranties can’t hurt! (It’s those sneaky paid ones you have to watch out for! ;))

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Your jeep is So bad ass. Like the red. The Rubicon pops.. Are you getting Sliders, Rails? I am on the hunt. Like Mopar but Pricey.. also looking for door sill guards.
Thx. I got the Mopar performance rails...like them a lot. Thought about aftermarket, but couldn’t find any I like yet. Maybe once the market catches up. Was hoping Jeep would carry over the JK Recon rails as those are pretty sweet, but they didn’t. I’m sure they will show up on a special edition or something.

My second color choice was white, but since I already have a white/grey car I wanted something different...plus red is so iconic for the Wrangler.

Sponsored

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
Thx. I got the Mopar performance rails...like them a lot. Thought about aftermarket, but couldn’t find any I like yet. Maybe once the market catches up. Was hoping Jeep would carry over the JK Recon rails as those are pretty sweet, but they didn’t. I’m sure they will show up on a special edition or something.

My second color choice was white, but since I already have a white/grey car I wanted something different...plus red is so iconic for the Wrangler.
Do your rails have enough room to use as a step?

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
They added the protectant warranty to your monthly payment ...and they provided your financing? Raises LOTS of red flags in my eyes. Even if they didn’t provide your financing, I’d still say get a refund if possible. Or spend a LOT of time reading the fine print for exclusions and what is considered wear and tear...

For what it’s worth, the Trail Rated kit may be in the Parts department, so make sure they check there.

Did your tires come filled with nitrogen? I’m guessing that you have to register to get the warranty for fills. I’ve never had nitrogen fills, so I can’t say for sure. But I would ask someone to get you a phone number or a. Website to contact to register the warranty, or call Jeep Cares and ask them for help. Free warranties can’t hurt! (It’s those sneaky paid ones you have to watch out for! ;))
Yes, that is exactly what they did. I was so concerned about this beautiful bright white jeep. They were selling me on the love bugs hurting the paint and they would fix that.. How would they fix it? Now that I am able to think with a clear mind and not have anxiety purchasing it... I have questions... Please be specific. What RED FLAGS, alerts you. I need to hear what you have to say. Warranty aslo is for spraying the interior... That concerns me too with the black leather. I'm OCD if any marks are on it.. lol

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded

The dealer said nothing to us about the Tires. I found an empty package in the glove box.

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
JeepÂź Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Yes, that is exactly what they did. I was so concerned about this beautiful bright white jeep. They were selling me on the love bugs hurting the paint and they would fix that.. How would they fix it? Now that I am able to think with a clear mind and not have anxiety purchasing it... I have questions... Please be specific. What RED FLAGS, alerts you. I need to hear what you have to say. Warranty aslo is for spraying the interior... That concerns me too with the black leather. I'm OCD if any marks are on it.. lol
Anything that they would add to your monthly payment WILLINGLY, to me, would suggest that they were doing it for the money they were making, not for the benefit it adds to your Jeep. When I bought my first new car back when I was 22, they told me I could get this one, specific mode, because it would keep my payment UNDER $250/month and that was the MOST I could get financed for. Fast forward to the finance office and the manager practically forced (okay, I was young, female and ignorant back then, don’t judge! LOL) me to buy the extended warranty that took my payment OVER $270 and he told me that he could get the higher amount approved because I was ‘protecting the finance company’s best interest’. When I told him that was going to make my budget really tight and I wanted to skip it, he said he couldn’t sell me the car without it.

Obviously, this is not the same situation here, but since then I have always been skeptical of any automobile extended warranty mainly because the one I had didn’t cover any of the issues I had with the car. Any time something went wrong and I tried to use it, it miraculously wasn’t covered for some reason or another. It’s typically the same with any extended warranty you buy on anything. They count on you NOT reading the contract first, allowing the cancellation period to lapse and then when you try to make a claim that’s when they tell you you’re not covered because of an exclusion or that the issue is considered ‘wear and tear’.

Insurance(warranties) is like legalized gambling. How much are you willing to gamble to see if you have X problem, that could potentially cost Y to fix? If you take that same cost for the warranty and put it into a savings account (and NOT spend it on anything other than car repairs so you are always ‘covered’) and then never have an issue that you would have used that warranty for, how much are you ahead? And then add in all the interest you’d NOT be paying on top of it... it’s the same with health care insurance and why catastrophic policies have been issued. People couldn’t afford the ‘full service’ plans, but they were too afraid to go completely without, so they paid the least amount they could to get a policy that only covered them if they were on their death bed.

As you can see, my issues are mainly monetary: value for cost. As for HOW they would fix any issues, that would be where you’d have to read the specific policy they gave you. I’m sure there are fifty companies selling similar warranties through dealers all over the US, and there are probably at least 25 different remedies they all claim to use. Fixes likely depend on if you bought their ‘special discount’ plan or the ‘premium’. (Did they offer you different options based on price? Seems like every dealer has a smorgasbord menu for warranties in the finance office.) But again, without reading the fine print it’s hard for us to speculate. Could their love bug fix be a clay detail? Could it be a cut/mop job? Do they expect you to apply some coating and come back to the dealer to have it reapplied on a schedule that no one ever keeps up with (ANOTHER way they cheat you out of coverage, require YOU to do specific maintenance to keep your coverage intact.)? Or are you required to bring the vehicle in for ‘visual inspections’ for the same reasons? What happens to this warranty if you move? Does your benefit transfer to another dealer? Another city in the same state? Another state entirely? (If there is this possibility in your life, obviously.)

It really boils down to what the paperwork says, keeping in mind that if it does require action on your side to maintain, that you are WILLING and ABLE to follow through. Once you miss one maintenance visit, inspection or whatever, all the money you’ve paid for that ‘warranty’ is gone...

If they didn’t give you a contract full of LOTS of fine print outlining their exact coverage and your responsibilities, but told you you’d get a copy of the policy ‘in the mail within the next XX days’ (and the cancellation period expires in 48-72 hours), that would raise another red flag. How can you evaluate a policy if you don’t have the complete terms and conditions available before you lose the ability to terminate?

Paranoid about your paint and bug damage? Plan to wash your Jeep as needed. Don’t allow bug guts to sit and eat up your paint. Make sure you keep up with waxing and clay bar. Worried about your leather? Cover the seats with something BEFORE you do anything to them that might screw them up. Going to Home Depot? Cover with an old blanket. Bringing the dog? Make sure you cover the back seat with something big enough that will also protect from wet paws or drool. (LOL) Wash the seats and condition them, on a recommended schedule, with GOOD products (Lexol, my favorite: https://www.amazon.com/Lexol-E30112...pons&keywords=lexol+leather+conditioner&psc=1). Maintain your car like you would any other $30, $40, $50 thousand dollar investment you’d make. You’ll get out of it what you put into it. There are lots of people here who can tell you their secrets for washing/waxing/maintaining the appearance of their Jeeps. There are also tons of videos and websites for the DIY detailer. The Chemical Guys is the first one that comes to mind.

People are probably tired of listening to me or have already skipped the end of this post, so I will shut up now. Bottom line, READ every detail and make sure you understand it. Ask questions if necessary. Your gut will tell you if it’s a legitimate offer. And if it’s not, cancel BEFORE it’s too late. :like:

Osna 780

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR , 2012 JK Sport S.
My wheel lock package only has 1 in it. Does the dealer keep them?
You get the wheel lock for removing the lock from the spare tire. That is all everyone gets standard from the factory. So check your spare and make sure the lock key fits and you are good to go. You can always purchase a set of 4 wheel lug nuts and a master lock socket for the other 4 tires. You don't need to pay the price the dealer asks you can purchase such items from the aftermarket and still get OE parts many times.
Sponsored