Sponsored

Interior Design - Let's hear your thoughts!

What features do you look for the most when it comes to the center console?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
A removable console with alternate consoles, snap-in/snap-out would be awesome.

One for trips, one for commuting, one with cooler or just completely cleared out.

Lego designs change with user's needs.
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Maybe figure out a better place to put smart phones? Not sure how. A better slot by the cup holders? Idk. Add wireless charging to that slot? Not sure. The current weird slot between the cup holders works, but isn't ideal, especially if you have a mug with a handle in it or two big cups. And it results in awkward charging cables poking up and around the cups and getting caught on the shifter
Yeah basically this. The best solution that I've found thus far is this: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/joyride-hydro-jlusa-build-thread.76001/post-1615490

There's no reason the factory console shouldn't have these little pockets on either side. They don't rub my legs, don't interfere, and many newer vehicles have these "map pockets" on either side of the console. They're not big enough for much but they fit a phone perfectly.

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
Hey Jeep fam!

We'd love to hear from you & share your feedback. What features do you look for the most when it comes to the center console? Select all that apply and feel free to elaborate in the comments!

Jeep Cares
No issues with the center console layout, but it would be nice if it was lockable in the JL like it was in the Jk.

Also, I know this is unrelated but, why on earth is the volume button on the right side of the steering wheel when the volume knob on the dash is right next to it? Feels redundant, like volume should be on left side.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
@JeepCares I really like the existing design, it's a good balance of storage and leg/hip room. There is no way to record that on your survey. Checking 'no preference' makes it sound like I don't care which is not the case.

I do run the Quadratec Console Organizer as it gives better use of the space. I appreciate surveys like this!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
The only thing I'd really like integrated into it is a place to stick two phones. one for the driver and one for the passenger.

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Who are the fools asking for a bigger center console?

Whatever you decide to do next, just make sure you don't get rid of the t-case shifter for an electronic version. If there is no power to the vehicle you can't put it in neutral.

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Only thing i don't care for is placement of window controls.

Sponsored

dougiebros

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I’ve always been a fan of the fold up armrest you can get in trucks (and some older sedans) that have a bench seat.

We have a younger daughter and it would be nice to have her sit up front with us when we go for slow nature drives. Almost got a Ram for that only reason.

I’m probably the only one who would buy one, but it would be awesome.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
I don’t have a problem with the console, it’s great as is. Good use of space for storage, any bigger it would be uncomfortable. Any smaller it wouldn’t be useful.

Spend a little more R&D on improved quality. More specifically with paint and corrosion between dissimilar metals.
👆This! Love the cockpit in my Jeep; I wouldn’t change the design of the console…. Armrest is the perfect height, storage is good, plenty of legroom. I don’t feel anything is lacking.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Size wise it's fine as is. Offer a version as an option that has solid security for those of use who travel with firearms. Sometimes we are forced to leave them in our vehicles. I think people would like that anyway for storing anything valuable that they may need to leave in their Jeep.
Sponsored