Sponsored

Hauk Off-Road ... Thoughts?

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
So far the most common comment I can find about them is their lead times. Does anyone have any other feedback as it relates to their fit and finish, build quality, etc? I am looking at getting their front bumper, rock rails, and rear bumper w/ tire carrier. I'm doing the powder coat locally so will be ordering bare steel which they say is on the shelf and ready to ship.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers
Sponsored

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
I haven't bought from them but I noticed when they try and sell bumpers on a bronco site, they make sure to show it pulling out a jeep in their staged photo.
Hauk Bumpers front and rear 2021 Ford Bronco 3.jpg

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Hauk is River Raider. I owned the River Raider snorkel, rock rail, and rear bumper on my JK. Now the snorkel held up great but the rock rails and rear bumper had nothing but problems. Mainly due to the paint on both peeling and rusting underneath, and the tire carrier sagged over time. I have meet and spoked with Kenny a few times and he is very arrogant and to be honest kind of a dick. Again this is just my opinion and experience, but I will never buy from them again.

OP
OP
Low_Spark

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Hauk is River Raider. I owned the River Raider snorkel, rock rail, and rear bumper on my JK. Now the snorkel held up great but the rock rails and rear bumper had nothing but problems. Mainly due to the paint on both peeling and rusting underneath, and the tire carrier sagged over time. I have meet and spoked with Kenny a few times and he is very arrogant and was not kind. Again this is just my opinion and experience, but I will never buy from them again.
I went in a different direction myself. The dates for features constantly slipped, shipping lead times were another concern. But the big one was the powder coating for me. Sorry to hear you had issues though.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I went in a different direction myself. The dates for features constantly slipped, shipping lead times were another concern. But the big one was the powder coating for me. Sorry to hear you had issues though.
All good, for me it's not about the price as much as it is customer service.
Just say the date. My bad on reviving a dead post.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Low_Spark

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
All good, for me it's not about the price as much as it is customer service.
Just say the date. My bad on reviving a dead post.
Not at all man, there's not much out there when searching for them, so good content if someone searches for it in the future

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I bought their engine skid for my ā€˜21 four months ago because the website and when I called they said it would fit the new mounts. I got it, it didnā€™t fit, and Iā€™ve been waiting for them to ā€˜mock upā€™ new brackets ever since. They were pretty good the first week or so responding via email but theyā€™ve been radio silent since so I just have an expensive paper weight sitting here now. Ended up going with MORE and after comparing them Iā€™m glad I have it instead now anyway

OP
OP
Low_Spark

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I bought their engine skid for my ā€˜21 four months ago because the website and when I called they said it would fit the new mounts. I got it, it didnā€™t fit, and Iā€™ve been waiting for them to ā€˜mock upā€™ new brackets ever since. They were pretty good the first week or so responding via email but theyā€™ve been radio silent since so I just have an expensive paper weight sitting here now. Ended up going with MORE and after comparing them Iā€™m glad I have it instead now anyway
That's pretty lame, were they willing to accept a return on it?

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That's pretty lame, were they willing to accept a return on it?
They said they would if I shipped it back. Skids ainā€™t light though (thereā€™s was wayyyy overkill in many areas and just was unnecessarily heavy IMO, as well as not having any good clean outs for washing) I wouldā€™ve had to spend over $100 to ship it back so Iā€™ll just resell it locally

Silent Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I bought skids and front/rear bumpers for a build I did for my previous employer. I'll skip the bitching about the lead time because they did get shut down due to COVID...nothing they can do about that.

The parts themselves were garbage. The front bumper already had surface rust when I pulled it from the box. Not acceptable for the cost of the bumper...hell that never acceptable. Few of the bolt holes lined up. Even the fake bolts didn't line up with the welded in nuts. The rear bumper wasn't much better and some brackets were missing. After a month of emailing and calling for the brackets, I had enough and sent the whole mess back. I didn't even take the skids out of the box.

No way I could recommend their parts to anyone.

ClockWork

First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and 2021 JT Sport S
So far the most common comment I can find about them is their lead times. Does anyone have any other feedback as it relates to their fit and finish, build quality, etc? I am looking at getting their front bumper, rock rails, and rear bumper w/ tire carrier. I'm doing the powder coat locally so will be ordering bare steel which they say is on the shelf and ready to ship.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers

Response after the sale is soooooo lacking. Wanted to order a front bumper. The website states 2-3 weeks shipping, but known things are behind, I emailed and ask what their actual shipping time frame. Quick response, They stated it was 4-6 weeks. I replied asking about if they offer a military discount, Another quick response. They do offer a military discount. OK great, our trip is 8 weeks out, so I ordered the front bumper and guard. Now, I'm over 10 weeks and part of the trip was canceled. We didn't feel safe with only one winch in a rough area without cell service. Four emails (once a week since week 6) asking the status. Crickets. Today, I called their number at 11:45 am EST on a Wednesday. According to their announcement office hours are 9 am-5 PM EST. Here are the following results .

Sales: no answer, mailbox full
Service, no answer, mailbox full
Tech Support; no answer, mailbox full
Manufacturing; no answer, mailbox full
Shipping and Receiving: no answer, mailbox full
Accounting; no answer, message left
Sponsored