Sponsored

When the dealership checks to see if youve abused your jeep…

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
$350 to run a 240VNEMA 14-50 outlet is probably right if it's close to the box. Your service box probably is very close to the garage. And you had enough capacity in your box. My friends had to add breakers, run pipe and the 220V outlet the Tesla fast charger plugs into. The Charger was a additional $500 from Tesla. Has wifi and some other features.

Personally any electrical work is part of the house if I were to sell. I can see someone wanting to take the Tesla charger with them when they moved. Kind of like taking a window A/C unit or something. Would I make a big deal out of leaving or keeping a charger if the buyer wanted it? Nope. They can have it if that was the hold up with the sale.
I agree. Yeah, our panel was right on the other side of the garage wall where the outlet was installed. We could've got our handy man to install it for $100 bucks (and materials), but we wanted a "licensed" electrician to do this, just for resell justification.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I agree. Yeah, our panel was right on the other side of the garage wall where the outlet was installed. We could've got our handy man to install it for $100 bucks (and materials), but we wanted a "licensed" electrician to do this, just for resell justification.
Very smart. Or make damn sure whoever does the work does it to current building code for your city. I know people who did the charger install themselves. Some used BX where it is not allowed. It came back to bite them when they sold their home. The buyer's building inspector noticed the electrical for the charger was not up to current building code. They had to give the buyer a $2000 credit at closing to correct the work.

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Thank you. You can always tell when a non electrician does the job. The electrical is never done properly. In fact, its always against code and unsafe. Just because it works today, doesnt mean it isnt going to burn your house down tomorrow.

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
Doing burnouts and redlining your Jeep 30 times a day? My god your an ignorant little child…

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
If you are redlining a Jeep 30+ times a day, maybe you should consider a sports car for your primary driving vehicle...

Sponsored

OP
OP
LiveToWork

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
Doing burnouts and redlining your Jeep 30 times a day? My god your an ignorant little child…
Damn right. I am the guy who speeds around you and offends you because you were going too slow for me 😂

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Tesla drivers are the old Prius drivers. Still assholes, but now more upscale assholes. Like Prius drivers they drive 10-15 mph over any posted speed limit, and think everyone is beneath them. Thinking they are saving the planet gives them a feeling of moral superiority, when all they really are is assholes who can't follow the the law.
I take exception to that... I've owned 6 Prius' and it was purely because they were cheap, great on gas, and I was the sole-bread winner and got tired of living paycheck to paycheck trying to pay for a gas guzzler at the time. I did drive precisely 7mph over the speed limit because any slower and you get run off the road. I couldn't care any less about the environmental impact of any vehicle I drive because i know "climate change" is a load of garbage.

Now that I'm married to a wonderful woman that also makes a good living, we can afford to own 2 Rubi's and the gas money isn't such an issue any more.

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
That dealer is most likely a warranty denying thief, take the Jeep elsewhere. We have one like that here in Durango, CO. Avoid at all costs!

Sponsored

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Dealers' service departments make money on warranty and recall work, so I'm not sure why so many people feel they are being cheated. Warranty work is not as lucrative as walk-in customer pay work (the dealer markups on parts and labor are thinner with warranty and recall work) but if you are a service manager and are sitting on idle service bay capacity you would be foolish to turn warranty work down.

That said, dealers do assume some risk with warranty work (do repair first, file for reimbursement from manufacturer later) so if you have been reckless with your Jeep (redlining) I could see some reluctance in taking your job on, even more so if you bought from a rival dealer. But there is no structural incentive for a dealer to refuse to do the work.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Years ago when I was having a clutch issue with my JKUR, the local dealership I took it to declined to honor any warranty repair work because of "massive damage" to the undercarriage of the vehicle. I had a couple scratches on a control arm and the transfer case skid plate. The service manager was somehow shocked and utterly astounded that I took a vehicle with the word Rubicon affixed to the hood onto an off-road trail.

Suffice to say, any time I need actual warranty work done, I have to drive 30 miles outside of town because the local dealerships here are worthless.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I consider myself lucky to have a cooperative (so far) Jeep dealer/service. I had an oil leak from the rear main seal after returning from a Jeep Jamboree. Diff skid plates all scratched up, side steps bent up and gouged, and quite a bit of residual dirt in those impossible to reach places after washing. I was a little nervous about taking it in but they inspected it and fixed it under warranty without any questions whatsoever. I can only hope this level of service continues.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Porsche tried that decades ago and the stealers went to court and won. They stopped them.

Dave Apker
thats what had me thinking of that. porsche saw what a shitty job their dealers were doing so they decided to step in themselves
Sponsored