Sponsored

My First Wrangler! Justice for the High Altitude!

chirojeep

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU High Altitude
Occupation
Chiropractor
Hey everyone!

My name is Travis, and I just wanted to hop on here and say thank you for adding me to the group!

I recently bought my first wrangler! Its my second Jeep I've ever had (also have a 2014 WK2 Altitude with 100k miles on it, runs like a dream!)

I know most of y'all are going to drag me because I went with the JLU High Altitude... BUT hear me out. This Jeep is so cool. It has all the features I would want in a Jeep, but mine doesn't have a trailer hitch. I am living here in Miami Beach, and I feel like the Jeep totally fits the part. It drives so much smoother than the other jeeps I've test driven. YES, I know it has 20s... a bit much imo... But I plan on buying beefier tires and eventually adding a lift.

I know the HA has an upgraded rear axel, which is amazing. I also went with the 3.6, just because I have it in my GC, and I've never had an issue. I am not however the biggest fan of the painted bumpers, but on the granite crystal, I think it looks fine. Also, the leather is much nicer than I thought it would be.

All in all, I know people aren't the biggest fan of the High Altitude, but I for one am absolutely in love with it. Its the first car I've bought all on my own, and its a car I plan on keeping it for a very long time. Im so happy to be back in the Jeep fam, and to finally have gotten my dream car.

Cheers,
Travis

Jeep Wrangler JL My First Wrangler! Justice for the High Altitude! tempImagepTNUXf

Jeep Wrangler JL My First Wrangler! Justice for the High Altitude! IMG_2948

tempImageBngpHI.png

tempImageeXQtf0.png
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Congrats, hitch and wiring are easy enough to add.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!

I agree with everything you say, including that the painted bumpers look acceptable in Granite.

It is great to see a High Altitude owner be self-aware of that trimā€™s...shall we say, ā€œimage challengesā€... And yes, a set of proper wheels and tires will fix it.

I see by the crooked photos that you got the Anti Gravitational Group option...very cool.

Only one thing though: please donā€™t call your Jeep a car...! šŸ˜«

Enjoy!

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
You know I think the High Altitude would be a good Jeep for Miami

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Hey everyone!

My name is Travis, and I just wanted to hop on here and say thank you for adding me to the group!

I recently bought my first wrangler! Its my second Jeep I've ever had (also have a 2014 WK2 Altitude with 100k miles on it, runs like a dream!)

I know most of y'all are going to drag me because I went with the JLU High Altitude...
. ..

Cheers,
Travis
Welcome fellow Floridian. Don't worry so much about the flames. You bought what works for you and that is a good thing. Some hate on the painted mirror and bumper thing, but you chose the best color and she looks fricken awesome!

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I know, huh...!

Jeep should call it the Condo Altitude... šŸ˜«
Well I mean as far as driving around costal areas with the top down and hitting the beach, I think it fits the bill.

OP
OP
chirojeep

chirojeep

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Chiropractor
Well I mean as far as driving around costal areas with the top down and hitting the beach, I think it fits the bill.
that's the plan! My parents live in Daytona Beach, so we will ALL be at jeep beach with some top off realness :)

OP
OP
chirojeep

chirojeep

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Chiropractor
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!

I agree with everything you say, including that the painted bumpers look acceptable in Granite.

It is great to see a High Altitude owner be self-aware of that trimā€™s...shall we say, ā€œimage challengesā€... And yes, a set of proper wheels and tires will fix it.

I see by the crooked photos that you got the Anti Gravitational Group option...very cool.

Only one thing though: please donā€™t call your Jeep a car...! šŸ˜«

Enjoy!
LOL!! I couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture! You would think a millennial would be able to figure it out at age 27...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
LOL!! I couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture! You would think a millennial would be able to figure it out at age 27...
You're getting dangerously close to those Soap Eating Gen Zs!
Sponsored