Selling my 4xe

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Since I was curious, I went ahead and sent the info on mine to vroom/carvana. Carvana wanted me to talk to someone, but vroom just said they'd have to have a human do the appraisal and then got back to me within a day.

They offered 56k, whereas my sticker is 57480 and my out the door price after TT&L and doc fee etc. was just under 54k. I actually haven't made my first payment. So selling for me would technically be a 9500$ profit after the tax rebate next year.

Kind of a silly system.

To be clear, I have no plans of selling. Just thought I'd share for anyone who finds it not to their liking or bought more car than they could afford.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hoopster3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
GMTV is offering $58k and the keep messaging me that prices are going up and they'll offer more.

I submitted for a manual appraisal to Carvana and should have that sometime in the next week.

Last edited:

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
GMTV is offering $58k and the keep messaging me that prices are going up and they'll offer more.

I submitted for a manual appraisal to Carvana and should have that sometime in the next week.
So I think by now you've answered your original question with a resounding yes? $65k is too high by... the $7500 tax credit.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
So I think by now you've answered your original question with a resounding yes? $65k is too high by... the $7500 tax credit.
I dunno, I was offered only 2k under my retail price which is of course way more than what I paid even before the tax credit.

Maybe it depends on the area or there's diminishing returns for extra features or a kind of buyer's wall at 60k?

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I dunno, I was offered only 2k under my retail price which is of course way more than what I paid even before the tax credit.

Maybe it depends on the area or there's diminishing returns for extra features or a kind of buyer's wall at 60k?
The op set a price of $65k, hasn't gotten an offer over$58k yet. Basic math says that's a difference of... the federal tax credit give or take.

Sponsored

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
The op set a price of $65k, hasn't gotten an offer over$58k yet. Basic math says that's a difference of... the federal tax credit give or take.
Ok. Mine got offered 56k on a build cost of 57840. Basic math says that's not a difference of anywhere near the federal tax credit.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Ok. Mine got offered 56k on a build cost of 57840. Basic math says that's not a difference of anywhere near the federal tax credit.
And he's getting offered 58k from a dealer, who is gonna mark it up and resell it. I don't know why everyone is pissed about OP making/saving a little money on the deal, good for him. Toughest part is probably that he's not in a big city. It's not like 4xes are sitting in lots. All it takes is someone to total one and need a quick replacement. Why can't the OP get the money instead of a used car dealer.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
According to the op, his build was right at $60k and he's trying to get $65k. There's a reason it's not working. In my opinion, $58k is high, but I don't see anyone paying $3-5K over msrp and not getting the tax credit to boot. If he finds someone dumb enough, more power to him.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
According to the op, his build was right at $60k and he's trying to get $65k. There's a reason it's not working. In my opinion, $58k is high, but I don't see anyone paying $3-5K over msrp and not getting the tax credit to boot. If he finds someone dumb enough, more power to him.
Jeep actually bumped the price again. He's probably right on MSRP at this point.

The market is insane right now. The Benz dealer we turned our C-Class into earlier this month listed it the next day at what we paid for it 3 years and 30k earlier.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Jeep actually bumped the price again. He's probably right on MSRP at this point.

The market is insane right now. The Benz dealer we turned our C-Class into earlier this month listed it the next day at what we paid for it 3 years and 30k earlier.
Anecdotal evidence means nothing, he's asking $7k more than anyone has offered. That is a fact. That is not debatable. Will the dealer that buys it from him list it for $65k? Sure. Will they take $61k when they get an offer? Most likely. Until the op sells his 4xe for $65k, his price is in fact too high.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hoopster3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I think one thing to keep in mind is that when I listed my 4xe for sale there were no comparables to base my starting price off. Kbb and Nada couldn't provide #'s, online places like Carvana keep saying the 4xe stumps their system and no 4xe's were listed online from private sellers. Couple all that with a value holding vehicle that saw $3k in price increases shortly after I bought mine and a crazy used car market. I had to start somewhere.

Based on that and that I haven't sold for my asking price means I listed it too high. I'm also in no hurry to get rid of it and don't need to sell. If I wanted out that bad I could have sold for $58k, but I'm just holding out for now to see what happens.

eLECTRICON

I'm just jumping in here so I don't know what was already said, Most Jeepers are in the Tread Lightly program which gets you 1% below invoice and yes the 4xe qualifies for it. Plus FCA dealers (not local dealers) are still offering up to 5% below invoice. Also most people qualify for other discounts and rebates. Like Military, First Responders which includes all law enforcement jobs, EMTs, Firefighters, Nurses +more. The Friends and Family discount which is 1% below invoice. And of course the $7500 Tax Credit. Some dealer have the $2000 dealer discount if you order a 2022.

OP
OP

Hoopster3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
For anyone interested in what the different online places are offering, Carvana came back at $56k. They couldn't provide a number simply using the website. You have to call or text, provide information and send a picture of the window sticker before getting an offer on the 4xe.

Chubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
@hoopster I think used prices peaked about 3 weeks ago. I sold 2x older used cars and both were right at the peak - one maybe $500 down. So it looks like your recent offer $2000 less reinforces this. When I sold my last car in late July the buyer dealer said yeah prices have platued...

OP
OP

Hoopster3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Offers haven't gone down from any of the online dealers I've been working with. There is just a wide range being offered on the 4xe.

GMTV is the highest and increased another $500 today up to $58,500.
Sponsored