Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Here are my predictions:
1. Every Tuscadero Wrangler Jeep builds will sell in short order.
2. Over half the buyers will be males.
3. It will have high resale value and with its short, limited paint run, it will be considered “rare.”
4. It is unlikely to be used as a paint color in the Wrangler model in the next 20 years.
5. Tuscadero will not, however, achieve the “coolness” status of Mojito!
I agree with all of these.

Tuscadero really brings out the hate in a lot of people, which I don't understand at all. Gecko (which I have on order) is a little this way, but nothing quite like what we've seen in the Tuscadero threads.

I hope to some day get a Tuscadero, Gecko, Chief, Nacho, and Hellayella lined up together for an epic group shot.
Sponsored

RubiBikini

First Name
Kryssie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Bikini Blue

Tuscadero really brings out the hate in a lot of people, which I don't understand at all. Gecko (which I have on order) is a little this way, but nothing quite like what we've seen in the Tuscadero threads.

I hope to some day get a Tuscadero, Gecko, Chief, Nacho, and Hellayella lined up together for an epic group shot.
maybe Bikini could sneak in the photo too?

Lilylamb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport s

I was going to order a Hellayella or Nacho before Tuscadero was announced. I love a bright color on Wranglers!

vduc1098

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Not sure why some people hate on certain colors. Tuscadero may not be for me, but honestly any color on a Jeep looks cool!!! And I love that Jeep is throwing out wild options like this.

Sponsored

JLo

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2022 JTD
I'm trying to order one now. Kent Shurtleff Is working with me as he did on our Bikini Pearl we have now.

The 2.0T is not available. Period.

But then so far I'm being told only V6 option is with the XR package... just doesn't make sense.

If I'm going to spend $4000 extra I'd rather it be on 35s, lift, Gen 3 D44, etc.
I was told the same thing about the XR package this week, but I was able to order a Rubicon today without the XR package. I didn't order Tuscadero... but almost wishing I had seeing the real life pictures!

Lilylamb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport s
I was told the same thing about the XR package this week, but I was able to order a Rubicon today without the XR package. I didn't order Tuscadero... but almost wishing I had seeing the real life pictures!
If you just ordered it, you should be able to make changes. Just need to call the dealership.

KNOBER69

First Name
Augie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 J10, 82 Honcho StepSide, 21 Rubicon Gecko
Will be taking delivery of a Unlimited Rubicon Diesel in Gecko this coming week. Ordered Gecko Rubicon on May 8th and built mid August. As soon as I heard of the Tuscadero color option on the 9th of August I also ordered another because the color is sharp and just beautiful. A good friend purchased a 2010 Challenger in Furious Fuscia which is the same color and is far from pink.. After hopefully taking delivery of the "Tuscadero" I will have no problem in driving said vehicle in that color.

LaurenLeigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0 Turbo Bikini Pearl; 2009 JK Sahara
It is strange that Jeep's promo shots for the color make it look way pinker than it is IRL. I imagine they've cost themselves some sales.

Jeep Wrangler JL TUSCADERO Jeep Wrangler exterior color now open for limited availability ordering ($395 MSRP) + First real-life photos! 1630169709252
Mid day bright sun in the real life photo will wash the color out a bit. Mine’s bikini pearl and the color shift is pretty drastic based on lighting conditions. In bright mid day light it looks pretty blue but at dusk it shifts to a much greener hue. Then in the dark with street lights and whatnot it looks really teal. It get compliments on the color constantly. I’m guessing (hoping) this one also has a pearl flake that gives it the same dimension. I think bikini is stunning for this reason so it could make this color a showstopper too.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
If I was ordering right now I would choose Tuscadero for sure. was on the fence from the renderings and seeing it on other fca vehicles, but after the new pics I like it. I ordered a Hydro in May, and just had it dropped off yesterday or I may be placing an order.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
If I was ordering right now I would choose Tuscadero for sure. was on the fence from the renderings and seeing it on other fca vehicles, but after the new pics I like it. I ordered a Hydro in May, and just had it dropped off yesterday or I may be placing an order.
It's a cool color for sure, I'm honestly just glad I'm not ordering right now, waiting almost 4 months to take delivery was bad enough, lol.

Tudor97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
With it being open for through November it seems like it could span through the 2022 model for a brief period if im reading correctly.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Hey Jeep, how about Plum Crazy??? I would have ordered it instead of blue. I don’t remember there ever being a Plum Crazy Wrangler

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Hey Jeep, how about Plum Crazy??? I would have ordered it instead of blue. I don’t remember there ever being a Plum Crazy Wrangler
It was on the JK. I’m sure it’ll be back on the JL eventually.

YJherJLhim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Or Hellraisin...cool color on new Challenger. Looks black until sunlight hits it...we actually had a car We built years ago that had same paint characteristics...
Jeep Wrangler JL TUSCADERO Jeep Wrangler exterior color now open for limited availability ordering ($395 MSRP) + First real-life photos! 30A1225E-D39F-40DB-BD7A-6C7AD99BAD68
Sponsored