Sponsored

I have had it!!! #FreeMyJeep - end the KZ status!!!

ManLovesRobot

First Name
Manus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Um I don’t want to rain on you’re parade or happiness but I think we all should boycott that dealer or like socially put down that dealer for you.
I get what you are saying. They are a small dealer and it was their first JL sale. When i questioned the numbers they made it right without a second thought and apologized a lot.I am giving them the benefit of doubt.
Sponsored

yongming

First Name
yong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I rolled 3k of debt from a trade in. So that made the payment higher.
Oh okay.
I was also in same situation.
I also traded in my 3years lease 2017 accord which still have 31 months left and they paid off my accord.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Ok...I can't stand it any more.

Did Jeep just screw up and keep building the JK too long. Stopping on 4/9 seems to be a mistake. Especially when they had more than 27,000 JLs ordered in March if I am not mistaken. Are they holding back the JLs to see if they can sell the JKs and all our worries over defects, quality issues and what not is just because some idiot didn't turn off the JK line or equally dumb started the JL line to soon? Not sure what has happened but I am told its sitting there in Ohio....outside...in the sun, in the cold...with other JEEPs waiting to find their owners. They want to be free and get out in the wild. They want to crawl over rocks, thrash the dunes and kick up mud. Instead they are sitting and rotting away..... #FreeMyJeep
Jeep said mine was supposed to be first or second week in May. However, the dealership called me up on Friday and said the vehicle was there. From what I understand they’re starting to come in but they were way off. They told the dealer 2 to 3 weeks and they told me the same thing when I called them. Then it shows up at the dealership on Friday. From what I understand they’re starting to come in but Jeep has no idea where there Jeep’s are at... ordered mine on Feb. 9 picked it up on April 21.

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep said mine was supposed to be first or second week in May. However, the dealership called me up on Friday and said the vehicle was there. From what I understand they’re starting to come in but they were way off. They told the dealer 2 to 3 weeks and they told me the same thing when I called them. Then it shows up at the dealership on Friday. From what I understand they’re starting to come in but Jeep has no idea where there Jeep’s are at... ordered mine on Feb. 9 picked it up on April 21.
D63B66B9-BDBB-4583-BEA3-A833FC504423.jpeg

23103BE7-6BDD-4D42-97A2-90319A0956E5.jpeg

EAFFBCFF-A0CB-4AA2-82C5-D9FEAD60357D.jpeg

OldBackpacker

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL - Sport
Occupation
Retired
When did you order?

My 12/28/2017 order just got delivered today, 110 days after ordering.

Welcome to the party.
Did you order the 2-door? I ordered mine on 12/22. A call today revealed absolutely NOTHING! One screen showed KZX-Delivered to dealer. ANother screen showed D-1 Parts gathered, ready to build. I am almost giving up myself!

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you order the 2-door? I ordered mine on 12/22. A call today revealed absolutely NOTHING! One screen showed KZX-Delivered to dealer. ANother screen showed D-1 Parts gathered, ready to build. I am almost giving up myself!
No I ordered a four-door. However I tweeted jeep cares and jeep@ Jeep Chrysler Fiat_N got a response in about 30 minutes. I got a they asked for my vin & DM, I just replied back with my vin number. They said there are going to locate my vehicle.

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
At the exorbitant shipping fee they charge, "shipping issues" isn't a valid excuse. They charge $450 more to ship from America to America than Toyota does to ship a 4Runner from Japan to America.

For $1445 I could probably get a vehicle on a truck to go across the country, today.
This is what blows my mind...my Mercedes, MINI, VW (built in Germany) all had a lower shipping fee and they have to go from the Atlantic, through the Panama Canal, then up the west coast. So the salt on the wound is that not only is Jeep charging more to ship domestically, they are still not shipping Jeeps as most are sitting in the rail yard!! Sad that it takes social media nowadays for a company to do right by their customers (I just created a Twitter account too). What is evident from how quickly these Jeeps show up once people complain is that Jeep is capable of shipping through alternative means (i.e., truck) so why don't they default to doing so if the rail cars are backed up?

Once again...I swore off FCA after the owning the PoS 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk that they refused to lemon law...the ONLY reason why I am coming back is because the Wrangler is such a unique vehicle that I have always wanted. FCA needs to get their shit together. Ok.../rantover

Octavius

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (waiting on delivery)

Did Jeep just screw up and keep building the JK too long. Stopping on 4/9 seems to be a mistake. Especially when they had more than 27,000 JLs ordered in March if I am not mistaken. Are they holding back the JLs to see if they can sell the JKs and all our worries over defects, quality issues and what not is just because some idiot didn't turn off the JK line or equally dumb started the JL line to soon? Not sure what has happened but I am told its sitting there in Ohio....outside...in the sun, in the cold...with other JEEPs waiting to find their owners. They want to be free and get out in the wild. They want to crawl over rocks, thrash the dunes and kick up mud. Instead they are sitting and rotting away..... #FreeMyJeep
Yeah. My Ocean Blue JL Rubicon is "awaiting installation of optional/additional" accessories. It's been 9 weeks. Hope we BOTH get ours soon! #FreeOurJeeps

Sponsored

The Pooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Something worth noting: my JL was the FIRST dealership arrival for Monterey Bay Jeep in California. Tons of dealers here haven't even received a single JL yet.

While the east coast is covered in them. Some dealerships have 10+ JL's sitting on their lots out there.

FCA definitely has east coast preference. The less they ship out here the less their shipping costs will be, I suppose.
I can confirm this from the East Coast. Most dealership got there stock in as early as end of March throughout April. It's hard to get your hand of a Rubicon but there's a ton of Sports & Saharas waiting for owners. The people I know who did pre-orders in late Jan got theirs end of March.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nice winch add....like the red cover plate
Thanks! Don’t know if you noticed or not look at the rear in with the dual exhaust. I got it on Saturday and man does it sound Bitchin. I ordered it back on March 1st and Gibson just send it to me.... it’s the only cat black, one of the first ones have one

Octavius

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon (waiting on delivery)

Msg to me from Jeep: We are aware of a rail car shortage leading to longer than-normal-hold times. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. There is nothing wrong with the vehicle itself, but unfortunately this is not something we can control, and we are working to try and get the vehicles shipped as quickly as possible. ^RR

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Msg to me from Jeep: We are aware of a rail car shortage leading to longer than-normal-hold times. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. There is nothing wrong with the vehicle itself, but unfortunatelye today this is not something we can control, and we are working to try and get the vehicles shipped as quickly as possible. ^RR[/QUOTE

That sucks! However, this is what you can look forward to, completely done with the builder at this point just finished a 2 inch Mopar lift springs look good. Got it Saturday and done today.

BFG 315/70/17
Shorty antenna ( works perfect)
Mopar screen protector
Mopar cavity tray
Gibson Blackl dual exhaust
Mopar satin chrome fuel door
Mopar 7 inch LED lights
Mopar grill bar for steel bumper
Smitty built X 20 synthetic / Wireless
Rustys off-road bracket for winch
Mopar door stills
Mopar all weather mats