Sponsored

Rear screen windows

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
Saw in the latest QTech catalog that they have screen windows for the rear soft top. I remember with the JK series all sorts of people were dreaming about modifying the OEM windows to do this. Most probably never tried. Looks like a nice option that works with the OEM top for people who sleep in their Jeep during nice weather.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Saw in the latest QTech catalog that they have screen windows for the rear soft top. I remember with the JK series all sorts of people were dreaming about modifying the OEM windows to do this. Most probably never tried. Looks like a nice option that works with the OEM top for people who sleep in their Jeep during nice weather.
LInk?

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just received my QT catalog as well. That was the most interesting item in there. I may pull the trigger on them.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here they are for the 4 door......

https://www.quadratec.com/mastertop-mesh-trail-screens-wrangler-jl-unlimited-4-door-16032601

Got excited when I first saw this thread and then looked at them. But that's turned into wondering why I'd want these? I don't really see the point. If I want air flow, the windows come off. They'd let dust through, so not really a great idea for off-road, either.

Someone help me with where these would be useful. I'm just not feelin' it.

Probably great for a dog, but I don't have a dog.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, maybe great for camping/sleeping in your Jeep. But again, I don't do that, either.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Only real benefit I can see is keeping mud from flying in or small branches. Another possibly is if you have kids or dogs in the back (sun protection).

Also protect the delicate side windows… I rather scratch or rip these then the factory side windows. They also make a cheap plastic window version of this.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I would love screens or fine mesh net for when the rear doors are off for the small pets.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Do they roll up for storage? I've got a behind the seat bag for my windows, but that pretty much makes my 2dr backseats unusable.

It would be nice if they were lighter and easy to store than standard windows. Otherwise, not sure of their benefit.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Here they are for the 4 door......

https://www.quadratec.com/mastertop-mesh-trail-screens-wrangler-jl-unlimited-4-door-16032601

Got excited when I first saw this thread and then looked at them. But that's turned into wondering why I'd want these? I don't really see the point. If I want air flow, the windows come off. They'd let dust through, so not really a great idea for off-road, either.

Someone help me with where these would be useful. I'm just not feelin' it.

Probably great for a dog, but I don't have a dog.
Would keep the bugs out while sleeping in there. Bugs are usually what screens are used for.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Do they roll up for storage? I've got a behind the seat bag for my windows, but that pretty much makes my 2dr backseats unusable.

It would be nice if they were lighter and easy to store than standard windows. Otherwise, not sure of their benefit.
I would imagine so (no hard side plastic for the side windows), if not these are certainly a lot cheaper then factory Mopar to use and abuse. Mastertops also makes a solid plasic window as an option instead of this mesh one. Looks like it would roll up easier and the weather out.

Link $99

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Would keep the bugs out while sleeping in there. Bugs are usually what screens are used for.
Yep, would be good for that. But I don't sleep in my Jeep. If I was not 6'5" tall, or I would consider it.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I want to meet the man whose sleeping in his 2dr Jeep and buy him a drink. Maybe get him a few phonebooks to sit on first.

OP
OP
NJJeep Guy

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
I am too tall to sleep inside as well. I still tent camp with a cot and bag set up
Sponsored