Sponsored

Key fob for manual locks

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy's Sport 2 door manual
I searched but can't find a picture of a key fob for manual locks. I'm thinking it has no buttons but still same size as more useful fobs?

Trading in manual locks jk (actually was still just a key!) for manual locks jl....just curious what it looks like.
Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I searched but can't find a picture of a key fob for manual locks. I'm thinking it has no buttons but still same size as more useful fobs?

Trading in manual locks jk (actually was still just a key!) for manual locks jl....just curious what it looks like.
As @AlexJeepVB mentioned, it's the same, minus the buttons. Not much we can do with it either since the board inside is pretty large and it uses a 2450 battery. I'd like a small version with a separate key like the old days LOL.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
As @AlexJeepVB mentioned, it's the same, minus the buttons. Not much we can do with it either since the board inside is pretty large and it uses a 2450 battery. I'd like a small version with a separate key like the old days LOL.
@The Fixer
@Albany
@AlexJeepVB

For around $45+- you can have exactly what you say you want...

You can buy a DI Labs buttonless fob that is way way small .... and then hang your JL key off of it with a DI Labs key holder.....https://mythreedom.com/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/keyfob-now-30-smaller.75423/

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher

Sponsored

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
It’s ridiculous. Especially when you have two of them on your key ring and need to stuff them in your pocket.

‘the one with buttons is to my JLU Sport S, and the naked one is to my wife’s manual lock/ crank window JT Sport.

Af81yTdl.jpg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
A few folks chuckle when I mention my use of a holster for the Jeep's key fob. When they see the fob (esp. in comparison to their own), and the workmanship of its leather carrier, no more chuckles.

It'd be nice to know why the OEMs thought the world was crying out for push button starting, which necessitates these sometimes-oversized proximity fobs. Consider also the buyer who misplaces the one fob that was provided with his new car (due to the current chip shortage). The vehicle is now immobile. How would he unf*ck himself here?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few folks chuckle when I mention my use of a holster for the Jeep's key fob. When they see the fob (esp. in comparison to their own), and the workmanship of its leather carrier, no more chuckles.

It'd be nice to know why the OEMs thought the world was crying out for push button starting, which necessitates these sometimes-oversized proximity fobs. Consider also the buyer who misplaces the one fob that was provided with his new car (due to the current chip shortage). The vehicle is now immobile. How would he unf*ck himself here?
@Heimkehr

Prior to switching over to an aftermarket fob that is way smaller then the stock fob, I carried my stock fob in a very nice Gibson Leatherworks holster... I was one of, if not the first here, with a Gibson Leatherworks holster... Terrific holster!

The fob in the holster was even a bigger load but at least I could fasten to my belt...

Geeeez, I'm thankful for the mini aftermarket fobs I have now... Sold the Gibson Holsters (2) I had long ago...

IF, if I was one of these new JL owner's that had just one stock fob .....I would immediately have an unchipped key cut and I would take the RFID chip out of the stock fob and keep it with the key.

Doing this .... I would have two workable ways to start and drive my JL... So, if I misplaced the stock fob with key or misplaced the RFID chip with the unchipped key, I'd still have a way to start/use my JL..

Deleted member 59498

It’s ridiculous. Especially when you have two of them on your key ring and need to stuff them in your pocket.

‘the one with buttons is to my JLU Sport S, and the naked one is to my wife’s manual lock/ crank window JT Sport.

Jeep Wrangler JL Key fob for manual locks Af81yTdl
Could use that for self defense!

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport

Sponsored

AUeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Heimkehr

Prior to switching over to an aftermarket fob that is way smaller then the stock fob, I carried my stock fob in a very nice Gibson Leatherworks holster... I was one of, if not the first here, with a Gibson Leatherworks holster... Terrific holster!

The fob in the holster was even a bigger load but at least I could fasten to my belt...

Geeeez, I'm thankful for the mini aftermarket fobs I have now... Sold the Gibson Holsters (2) I had long ago...

IF, if I was one of these new JL owner's that had just one stock fob .....I would immediately have an unchipped key cut and I would take the RFID chip out of the stock fob and keep it with the key.

Doing this .... I would have two workable ways to start and drive my JL... So, if I misplaced the stock fob with key or misplaced the RFID chip with the unchipped key, I'd still have a way to start/use my JL..

I just purchased a new JLU and it came with two fobs, but I'd still like to have some extra keys cut. Does anyone have a recommendation for where to have this done? Dealership or a third party?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)