Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
they forced me into the mats and proximity as well. I wonder why this is
I had to get proximity too. They probably force it on us when they have a huge surplus.

Advertisement

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
You should probably tell them to take that $9 charge for 4 additional gallons of gasoline off your diesel order! They already charged you for diesel fuel in the line above it! 😉
Lol this was just thr order. I already have them another 1k off this and down to just over 50k out the door

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I have a question I didn’t get right column when I ordered, I did get Von next day it was later in day so I’m figuring I’ll get the updated sheet when Jeep comes in?
I don't know if that's something they hide if you aren't asking for Factory Wholesale Pricing (FWP) or not. We also don't know what pricing you negotiate, if any. Did you ask for anything? If you asked for x% below MSRP then it won't matter if you see the far right column really. You'd have tell us more for a better answer.

lockman1972

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport (ordered)
I don't know if that's something they hide if you aren't asking for Factory Wholesale Pricing (FWP) or not. We also don't know what pricing you negotiate, if any. Did you ask for anything? If you asked for x% below MSRP then it won't matter if you see the far right column really. You'd have tell us more for a better answer.
My company partners with FCA so I got 1% off invoice

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When I ordered my JLUSahara in 2018 my local showed me this sheet with MSRP and FWP and I paid FWP, I went back last month to try and order a 392 and he only had the MSRP column, he also showed me another 392 order with both columns after he even said they only charged MSRP, big red flag and I ended up leaving saying id have to think about it, luckily I found a dealer that offered % off invoice + 1% AR

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
When I ordered my JLUSahara in 2018 my local showed me this sheet with MSRP and FWP and I paid FWP, I went back last month to try and order a 392 and he only had the MSRP column, he also showed me another 392 order with both columns after he even said they only charged MSRP, big red flag and I ended up leaving saying id have to think about it, luckily I found a dealer that offered % off invoice + 1% AR
I've heard that's very lucky with the 392's! You'd think those have an insane markup and profit margin built in already so more could do it. Supply & demand.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard that's very lucky with the 392's! You'd think those have an insane markup and profit margin built in already so more could do it. Supply & demand.
MSRP? Yes, neighbor near me works at another dealership and he told me 15k over sticker when ordered, I told him I could go elsewhere for MSRP, he was like I'm not suppose to say this but go there. The other dealer that was charging MSRP, had one that was ordered showing discounts attached too, even the POC showed FWP and I called him out why was theirs show FWP and not mine...he gave me BS about how they paid MSRP too...I was thinking how would someone pay MSRP knowing that they could pay invoice, thankfully I found a dealership (not local) that was % off invoice + 1% AR, it will be one hell of a trip but so worth it since I'm saving 5-6% off invoice or 11.5% off MSRP.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I think it depends on region. My local dealer/salesperson is a very good friend of mine. This is a guy that I hang out with, watch sports and have a few beers with once or twice a week... a guy that comes to my kids' birthday parties. He said the same thing. He said if you're special ordering a Rubicon, it's sticker and some people pay over sticker. When I told him that I could get 5% below invoice, his reply was-- don't even come see us... go get that deal asap and I won't even feel bad about it. (mainly because as a salesman, he makes $200 at most on a new car)

Since a few people on this forum are saying they were able to get 5% below invoice, I called about 5 or 6 dealerships. The best deal I could find was 1% below invoice with the Tread Lightly membership. No one would even consider doing better than that.

After shopping around, I went back to the local Jeep store/friend (like 2 miles from my house). I told them I was able to find 1% below invoice. They agreed to sell it to me "at" invoice and due to the convenience factor, I was happy with that. The price isn't that much of a difference and this dealership has been good to me with my other vehicles. They weren't familiar with the Tread Lightly program, but they said if the code worked, they would do invoice.

They also mentioned that they are not a very high volume dealership (around 40 Jeeps per month) and they rely on gross-per-deal to make a profit and survive. They said maybe a large dealership that sells hundreds of Jeeps per month could do it and make up for it on the back end.

My Rubicon stickered for $53,320 and I'm getting it for $50,395. My buddy said I got one of the best deals he has seen at their store. I know I could've done better if I kept on pressing, but this is where I felt that the deal was good enough for me and I was tired of playing the game.
I got the same response from one of our local Jeep salesmen. First I got no way anyone can (will) sell for that, then I get "they (other dealer) are losing money or gaming the system", then when I showed them the quote and said point blank, I'm buying TODAY, RIGHT NOW, I get no way here, "jump on that other deal right now!"

I go on to explain to them I am NOT special in any way shape or form. Anyone with $1100 can get 6, 7 or 8% below invoice, with zero negotiation or bullshit, in 5 minutes, over email. In fact, I've never even heard my salesmans voice.

What burns my ass is every local dealer I talked with feigned not knowing about Tread Lightly (that I can believe) or FCA control numbers (that I DO NOT believe). I almost wanted to charge for educating them about it.

I have a couple friends who sell and both claim they only make $50-$100 on a new car sale. Not calling them liars, but NO ONE ANYWHERE can (would) sell a 40, 50, 60, $70,000 product for $100. They always fail to talk about the retirement contributions, bonuses, etc. where they can actually make a living selling cars.

What actually upsets me is I REALLY DO want to buy local. I tried so hard to do so, but there's a point where you just say F it.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I got the same response from one of our local Jeep salesmen. First I got no way anyone can (will) sell for that, then I get "they (other dealer) are losing money or gaming the system", then when I showed them the quote and said point blank, I'm buying TODAY, RIGHT NOW, I get no way here, "jump on that other deal right now!"

I go on to explain to them I am NOT special in any way shape or form. Anyone with $1100 can get 6, 7 or 8% below invoice, with zero negotiation or bullshit, in 5 minutes, over email. In fact, I've never even heard my salesmans voice.

What burns my ass is every local dealer I talked with feigned not knowing about Tread Lightly (that I can believe) or FCA control numbers (that I DO NOT believe). I almost wanted to charge for educating them about it.

I have a couple friends who sell and both claim they only make $50-$100 on a new car sale. Not calling them liars, but NO ONE ANYWHERE can (would) sell a 40, 50, 60, $70,000 product for $100. They always fail to talk about the retirement contributions, bonuses, etc. where they can actually make a living selling cars.

What actually upsets me is I REALLY DO want to buy local. I tried so hard to do so, but there's a point where you just say F it.
I agree, I wanted to buy from the local dealership where I bought my 2018 Sahara because they gave invoice pricing which even for that on 392 is good, but when I went they only said MSRP even though another order my sales guy showed me had FWP column as well. I did see another dealership another county over that was doing % under invoice but I had my order done already in PA for a similar deal, at least I get to break it in faster and spend some more time with it instead so I guess that is a plus.

Jesus_fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Clubs

If it was ordered through the dealer it is going to be very costly. For my Ceramic coating it will cost me under 100.00 in material and a few hours of polishing with an additional step of jeweling. I do auto detailing as a hobby now and get the Poor Boys Worlds coating that is a simple process. I made a note to self to tell the dealer not to wash the jeep so I can have less work polishing. They also have a ceramic coating for the non painted fenders and bumper that I will be applying as well.
Thanks for the info, I searched for other threads on this and kind of wrote it off after hearing the cost.

Advertisement

Advertisement