Aux Switches not working

tomslusher

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2002 Wrangler X
I just trying to install some spot lights. First time using the aux switches. I hook them up to aux 3 (I think, orange). Nothing. They worked with the battery and I also jumpered to the battery after I found aux 3 not working. Turned on just fine. I also noticed none of my aux buttons light up when pressed. Should they light up even if nothing is connected?
Sponsored

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo
I just trying to install some spot lights. First time using the aux switches. I hook them up to aux 3 (I think, orange). Nothing. They worked with the battery and I also jumpered to the battery after I found aux 3 not working. Turned on just fine. I also noticed none of my aux buttons light up when pressed. Should they light up even if nothing is connected?
Did you turn on the aux switches within the settings on the radio unit?

OP
OP
tomslusher

tomslusher

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I did. But shouldn't the small light on the switches turn on regardless?

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I did. But shouldn't the small light on the switches turn on regardless?
Check your battery levels. There are certain components that don't function when the battery is below (and I'm guessing here) 12V. Every now and then I notice mine won't turn on, and at the same time that happens, my BlackVue cameras won't turn on either. Both have that 12V threshold, and immediately start working once the batteries are back up to standards.

May not be your issue, but worth a shot. Try charging them overnight to see what happens.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Check your battery levels. There are certain components that don't function when the battery is below (and I'm guessing here) 12V. Every now and then I notice mine won't turn on, and at the same time that happens, my BlackVue cameras won't turn on either. Both have that 12V threshold, and immediately start working once the batteries are back up to standards.

May not be your issue, but worth a shot. Try charging them overnight to see what happens.
Yes, this is also a possibility in regard to Aux switches.... Usually though, you will get an EVIC message saying Aux switches are temporarily disabled... OP, did not mention such a message though... When battery(s) are brought up to snuff, Aux will again function...

Sure, bringing batteries up to snuff so to speak with a battery tender/maintainer may just help this issue. Worth a try for sure.

OP
OP
tomslusher

tomslusher

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I had read that thread but I have absolutely no idea where I would find that switch bank. I did check the fuses that were mentioned in that thread though.
@tomslusher

You have a warranty... just go and have Service Dept. Tech figure it out for you if you can't determine what is the issue..

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Having a similar issue here, did anyone figure this out? Checked latches on switches, all good. Battery is @12.1 V. Guess I'll take it out and get batt fully charged (been working on it for a while with hood open, etc. Odd! My son remembers the indicators in the switches illuminating previously.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tomslusher

tomslusher

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took mine to the dealer. They said it worked perfectly when they looked at it and it has worked ever since. No idea what happened
Sponsored