Sponsored

Ordering 4xe without blue stitching?

cryptyk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This will be my first Jeep. We rented a Wrangler in yellowstone last year and fell in love. We test drove a 4xe yesterday and ready to pull the trigger and order one.

I don't love the accent colors everywhere. The external graphics and tow hooks are easy enough to replace, but the blue stitching inside on the seats, steering wheel, console, levers, isn't my jam.

It's there ANY chance I can custom order those items from one of the other models that have more subdued stitching choices? I realize I can swap out the seats with katzkins, but that still leaves tons of blue stitching throughout the interior.

Looking for any expertise from y'all long term, multiple time Jeep orderers.

Thanks!
Sponsored

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
This will be my first Jeep. We rented a Wrangler in yellowstone last year and fell in love. We test drove a 4xe yesterday and ready to pull the trigger and order one.

I don't love the accent colors everywhere. The external graphics and tow hooks are easy enough to replace, but the blue stitching inside on the seats, steering wheel, console, levers, isn't my jam.

It's there ANY chance I can custom order those items from one of the other models that have more subdued stitching choices? I realize I can swap out the seats with katzkins, but that still leaves tons of blue stitching throughout the interior.

Looking for any expertise from y'all long term, multiple time Jeep orderers.

Thanks!
I asked my dealer this same question, except about not getting red stitching in a rubicon (I wanted black leather). I was told this couldn't be done unless I ordered the tan leather. In other words, they couldn't put a sahara interior inside a rubicon. I'd be surprised if there's a way to not get the blue stitching unless there is an interior option from the factory for the 4xe that doesn't have the blue stitching.

OP
OP

cryptyk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That's what I was afraid of. I might just find a leather interior I like and swap the parts out, then sell the originals on ebay.
Every manufacturer except Tesla seems to put blue all over their first EV builds, then realize that we're past the point of EVs being a fad. I don't think the blue will age well.

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
If you just want black stitching you could always just go over the blue with a fabric marker. It would take a ton of time but could save you some dough.

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
That's what I was afraid of. I might just find a leather interior I like and swap the parts out, then sell the originals on ebay.
Every manufacturer except Tesla seems to put blue all over their first EV builds, then realize that we're past the point of EVs being a fad. I don't think the blue will age well.
When i do the build on a 4xe with tan leather, it doesn't show blue stitching. If you like tan, that might be the way to go. That's what my wife and I decided to do to avoid the red stitching.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cryptyk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
If you just want black stitching you could always just go over the blue with a fabric marker. It would take a ton of time but could save you some dough.
That's pretty genius. And if it doesn't work or starts to fade or something, I could just swap them out later.

IrishJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 T&C, '17 Grand Cherokee, '21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Technical Writer
Order the 4xe Sahara. No blue trim.

OP
OP

cryptyk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
For anyone who follows, here's what I've learned and what I decided:

First, it's unlikely you can order the 4xe Rubicon with different trim other than the 3 standard options (cloth, block leather, tan leather)

So you have a couple of options if you want black leather without blue stitching:

1) Order the black leather, then use a fabric marker to black out all the stitching. This appears to be permanent, but you can only choose black or maybe dark brown. Trying red will turn the stitches purple, etc. Also, I personally worry about wearing a white shirt and sitting in a seat that's essentially been colored with a black marker.

2) Order the black leather and start replacing parts. From what I can see you'll need a steering wheel, shift boot, transfer case boot, front and rear armrests, console lid, front and rear seats, and dash trim.

3) Order the tan leather and start replacing parts. From what I can see you'll need the front and rear seats (Katzkin) and dash trim (which appears to be plastic in the Tan Rubicon). I think the dash trim from a 4xe Sahara will match the stitching of the other pieces.

I think I'm going with option 3.

jeremyp1971

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
It’s been a while since this thread was started, but if any of you want to sell or trade your interior items with blue stitching, I’m interested. I have the 4Xe Rubi with cloth that has blue stitching, but my door handles, center console cover and dash cover are 100% black. Those are the items I’d love to have the blue stitching on, especially the dash cover. I’m also willing to trade any parts plus pay cash as well. Note: my dash cover has no stitching or leather and appears to be plastic.

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
It’s been a while since this thread was started, but if any of you want to sell or trade your interior items with blue stitching, I’m interested. I have the 4Xe Rubi with cloth that has blue stitching, but my door handles, center console cover and dash cover are 100% black. Those are the items I’d love to have the blue stitching on, especially the dash cover. I’m also willing to trade any parts plus pay cash as well. Note: my dash cover has no stitching or leather and appears to be plastic.
Hmm. Oddly enough I want the plastic ones because I’m planning on painting it. If you’re still looking when mine arrives I’ll swap.

Sponsored

benny26

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I just got a new 4xe Wrangler Unlimited/High Altitude and was disappointed to find that it came with yellow stitching on the black leather interior (as well as the dash and steering wheel). Is there any way to change or swap this out with either blue stitching or the normal Sahara black leather/no stitching interior?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

This stitching issue is why I'm driving a Sahara and not a Rubicon.

Why they insist on forcing ugly stitching on us for specific trims is ridiculous, especially when they clearly have the materials/ability to use non-colored stitching from other models (like my Sahara).

MRMDFY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadowbanned and taking the bus
Tough to imagine caring so much about this. It's not rainbow thread.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
The brown/tan leather interior doesn't have the blue stitching anywhere in the interior.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 6 Speed
For anyone who follows, here's what I've learned and what I decided:

First, it's unlikely you can order the 4xe Rubicon with different trim other than the 3 standard options (cloth, block leather, tan leather)

So you have a couple of options if you want black leather without blue stitching:

1) Order the black leather, then use a fabric marker to black out all the stitching. This appears to be permanent, but you can only choose black or maybe dark brown. Trying red will turn the stitches purple, etc. Also, I personally worry about wearing a white shirt and sitting in a seat that's essentially been colored with a black marker.

2) Order the black leather and start replacing parts. From what I can see you'll need a steering wheel, shift boot, transfer case boot, front and rear armrests, console lid, front and rear seats, and dash trim.

3) Order the tan leather and start replacing parts. From what I can see you'll need the front and rear seats (Katzkin) and dash trim (which appears to be plastic in the Tan Rubicon). I think the dash trim from a 4xe Sahara will match the stitching of the other pieces.

I think I'm going with option 3.
4) Contact me and I will personally swap our stitching... wife has a 4xe with the which stitch, and we love the blue.
Sponsored