Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
My thoughts exactly! But I haven't any interest in the juice, so I opted to save myself the effort of the squeeze.

If I was driving a lifted 4Runner, we probably would've sung koombaya together. But I drive the "evil nemesis", according to the Ford brainwashing, I mean marketing decisions.

The owner that I saw on the highway had that "here comes my mortal enemy according to ford" look about him, but I gave him a thumbs up and a full handed wave as I passed, and he lightened right up and did the same in return followed by a few horn honks.
Interesting because I would consider the Bronco and 4Runner to be "near peer" off roaders, lol. In all reality I'll be pretty excited to see one once they finally hit the roads here.

And hopefully the owner won't be smug, lol.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting because I would consider the Bronco and 4Runner to be "near peer" off roaders, lol. In all reality I'll be pretty excited to see one once they finally hit the roads here.

And hopefully the owner won't be smug, lol.
Yeah, it may not be my cup of tea, but I will admit that it was nice to finally see one on the road, followed shortly by a dealer with a couple to walk around a climb under.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it may not be my cup of tea, but I will admit that it was nice to finally see one on the road, followed shortly by a dealer with a couple to walk around a climb under.
I've only been able to find one dealer near me that had them in their inventory. Probably pre-orders because they disappeared before any photos were posted on the listing. Both were Manual Badlands, and that's one I'm pretty curious about.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've only been able to find one dealer near me that had them in their inventory. Probably pre-orders because they disappeared before any photos were posted on the listing. Both were Manual Badlands, and that's one I'm pretty curious about.
One tidbit gotten from the salesman I spoke with. The dealers don't refer back to the reservation list, when a canceled build shows up. They are making a separate list of people that stop in and leave contact info. So you could very well canvas all your local dealers to add you to each of there lists, and they'll call when what you're looking for shows up.

Not that I'm looking to promote the loss of a good member of our community here, but helping is person to person thing, regardless of brand names. :like:

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Fun Havers has already got a stage 1 kit in final testing that will add about 2.5-3" of lift and fit 37's. Stages 2 and 3 will mainly focus on new fiberglass fenders and flares to accommodate 40's. There lift includes a new upper a-arm that allows more ball joint movement.

Here it is in action...

I saw that video. The aftermarket soft top, by Best top I believe; looks a lot better than the stock soft top.

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Its not a Bentley. I like the Ford software, have no complaints same with the Jeep software. Toyota however was awful!

Hose/wipe off and on the road again with no top and doors is what I want.
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? JDPA_2021 Ford Bronco Dashboard Sync 4 Infotainment
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? How-The-2021-Jeep-Gladiator-Differs-From-The-Wrangler-JL-2

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It was never a competition of “them vs us”. The Bronco is a nice vehicle, whether on road or on the back of a flatbed that’s on road.
Hey, be nice! How else do expect them to get their own wave to catch on?
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? A2EC02DF-4667-40BC-A958-D336995B68CA

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
The Bronco flexing.... oh wait! My bad!
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best?

Mixed them up.

Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best?
Even though it's a joke, props for showing the old Bronco. That's the one that always intrigued me. Recently, I've been thinking what could have been, if Ford hadn't discontinued that body style, and gradually upgraded it over the years, just like the Wrangler (keeping the solid axle).

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Even though it's a joke, props for showing the old Bronco. That's the one that always intrigued me. Recently, I've been thinking what could have been, if Ford hadn't discontinued that body style, and gradually upgraded it over the years, just like the Wrangler (keeping the solid axle).
Man I love the old Bronco! Was a joke but wish I had one of those and my CJ7 back!

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Bronco pickup dead.

https://jalopnik.com/dead-the-ford-bronco-pickup-that-never-was-report-1847559065/amp

And in this one, Webasto gets tossed under the bus.

https://www.autonews.com/cars-concepts/ford-bronco-pickup-canceled

Early reception to the new vehicles has been positive. Ford has sold 62,820 Bronco Sports and 4,078 Broncos in the U.S. this year through July, though early builds of the Bronco have been plagued by problems with roofs produced by the supplier Webasto.
Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? big-oof-size

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
One tidbit gotten from the salesman I spoke with. The dealers don't refer back to the reservation list, when a canceled build shows up. They are making a separate list of people that stop in and leave contact info. So you could very well canvas all your local dealers to add you to each of there lists, and they'll call when what you're looking for shows up.

Not that I'm looking to promote the loss of a good member of our community here, but helping is person to person thing, regardless of brand names. :like:
Oh goodness, I'm not in the market for one!

But I do like the way it looks, and want to see how it drives. Especially with the 2.3 liter, manual transmission and 4.70 axles.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I did not bother asking at the dealer. Does everyone still need to go online to start the ordering process for a Bronco? What is the latest revised "official" ETA if someone where to go online and place a $100 deposit today? I wonder what the take-rate is for between the 2-door and 4-door? Based on the Wrangler Unlimited take-rate, I assume the 4-door Bronco will probably be more popular? I wonder if the 2-door will take as long as a 4-door or vice versa?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh goodness, I'm not in the market for one!

But I do like the way it looks, and want to see how it drives. Especially with the 2.3 liter, manual transmission and 4.70 axles.
My last statement in that post was more aimed towards anyone who's eyes come across it. I can sometimes come across as much against Broncos, as Fords marketing has made bronco owners against Wranglers. In reality, it's mostly in jest, but also the occasional pointing out certain design elements that counter its ability to give Wranglers the run for their money that Ford spent a lot of time claiming.

My wife was the one who had the initial interest in a 2 door Badlands, but canceled the reservation after her chosen local dealer wanted a $5k deposit before submitting her order and kept beating around the bush when asked about a full refund if it wasn't to her liking after a test drive.

I spotted 3 of them at a local dealer the other day, so we both still had enough curiosity to stop in and see them. My wife sat in the Base, to see how adjustable it was for her barely 4'11" stature. She tends to have issues with being able to properly rest her heel on the floor when on the throttle. Even with the seat all the way down and far enough forward for her to be on top of the steering wheel, her heel was still slightly unweighted. Nothing that couldn't get tweaked the same way as her current Nissan Juke, a small section of carpet padding under the floor mat in front of the pedal. Her final thought, without even being allowed to test drive it, was that it seemed huge to her. I pointed out that the 2 door that she wanted would fix that, but she said it was the width that she wasn't digging.

The dealer said that they wouldn't be allowing test drives until Ford goes into full production, and probably wouldn't drop their pricing down to msrp until sometime later when reservation lists are knocked down. So, we're both still interested in an eventual test drive, but she'll probably be in the Mini Countryman all4 JCW edition that's caught her eye by that time. She likes small and zippy rides.

Apologies for the ramble. 😆
Sponsored