DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
Well, all the carpet is out along with the sub, which I'm not sure will have survived.....
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep caught in heavy rains.. 20210824_093845
Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
That sucks. Best of luck to you on that.

When they state the chance of rain, they actually mean that percentage of the area will have rain.
Example 20% chance of rain actually means. 20% of the area will experience rain.
That would be a really interesting nugget if it was actually true.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it finally happened.. With less than a 20% chance for rain, I decided to drive the wifes truck to work & leave the Jeep outside the garage, in the driveway w/ no top..
That means 20% of the area is expected to get rain.
Not worth the risk. Ever.

Good luck with the dry out.

Sponsored

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
When they state the chance of rain, they actually mean that percentage of the area will have rain.
Example 20% chance of rain actually means. 20% of the area will experience rain.
That is not quite accurate. The % generally represents the probability that rain will occur at any given point in the area, not strictly the % of area that will see rain.

To throw some math into this, the % is generally calculated by multiplying coverage by confidence. For example, if a forecaster is 50% confident that 40% of the given area will see rain, the rain chance will be expressed as 20%.

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

They said there was no math in this forum 🤯

For the Jeep you might put a couple of the throw away moisture pods in when it’s sitting. They’ll suck up any stray moisture.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
And this is why here in Atlanta I don't go topless unless it's a 0% chance of rain. Severely limits my topless days but I also never have catastrophes like this.

But then there was that one time I parked under a tree on a 0% day with the freedom panels off. Unbeknownst to me, this tree was host to a large gathering of birds. You can probably guess how the rest of this story goes...

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
In addition to a bunch of damp rid, or some other dehumidificaiton system. You may want to throw some Starbrite Nosguard in, that's what I use in my boat over winter.

Edit: May want to use an O2 generator in leiu of the Chlorine Dioxide in Nosguard, not sure if it's potentially corrosive in this application.

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
As for drying it all out, thanks for all the suggestions!! In the Jeep right now, sitting on a dry driver's seat.
The carpet is all in the garage, still drying out.
As for all of the odor/moisture suggestions, I've found that a couple stainless bowls full of charcoal help pull it out as well.
Sponsored