Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Alright, y’all, picked up the 4xe Friday, here’s what I’ve got so far.

Rugged Ridge HD front bumper - fits but had to hog out the top outer bumper mount holes to match the others. I’m not sure if this is specific to our frame, but those two holes were more narrow than the others. Superwinch SX1000SR mounted with no issues (although tight). No issues with installing the LED fogs.

Rugged Ridge HD rear bumper - no install issues, but I’m troubleshooting some sensor false alerts. My sensors are in heat welded plastic clips and NOT in the three piece mounts you see in videos. Allows clearance of 35 spare on stock mount.

Mopar grab handles, cravenspeed antenna, RC tag relocation- no install issues

35x12.50R17 KO2s on 17x8.5 +18mm fit with no rub on road.

Surf Blue Pearl is a perfect match to the factory decals, thanks to @eLECTRICON for the knowledge there.

Hopefully I’ll have time to do the lift this weekend: Teraflex 1.5 Performance Spacer and 2” Shock Extensions; Mopar LCA, Sway Bar Extensions, and Bump Stop Extensions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories 3A400439-817D-4D8D-ADDD-FBE04C4E89F7

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories 3473F620-711E-4C6B-A792-ABF2C475FD53
Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
You can make the Coyote mirrors work pretty easily. You just need a dremel to cut out the missing notch on the driver's side panel and grind/sand away some of the thick plastic backing until the mounting block fits.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories 236293237_1320301045039255_1505139900982641522_n

Last edited:

Wandering_Cascadian

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe; 1976 GMC High Sierra 1500
You can make the Coyote mirrors work pretty easily. You just need a dremel to cut out the missing notch on the driver's side panel and grind/sand away some of the thick plastic backing until the mounting block fits.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep 4XE Compatible Parts & Accessories 143D7EC3-6066-448A-A30E-97E011C694FD
Alternatively grind off the lip on the Lange block instead. That's how I got mine to fit, since I was more comfortable cutting that than my Jeep.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
They were almost an inch shorter than the stock shocks. I did not want to lose any suspension travel. I also found the adjustment knob to be imprecise and difficult to set. I found this shock chart elsewhere on the forum. Very helpful (see the original thread for a link to the google doc https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...gs-suspension-information-chart-matrix.66591/)
Wondering where the 4XE Rubicon is on the charts. My understanding is that it's an inch higher than other Rubicons from the factory..

Sponsored

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Alternatively grind off the lip on the Lange block instead. That's how I got mine to fit, since I was more comfortable cutting that than my Jeep.
That was my original intent, but the plastic was much easier, and that tab makes it a bit more secure. Without it, someone can just undo that bolt and take the whole thing.

cutandrun

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 turbo, Mercedes G550, Rubicon 4xe
Wondering where the 4XE Rubicon is on the charts. My understanding is that it's an inch higher than other Rubicons from the factory..
It’s not on the chart yet, but the stock shocks I removed matched the length of the regular Rubicon listed here. I’m not sure if the 4xe uses the same exact shock as a standard Rubicon. Because of the extra weight, it would not surprise me if the valving is modified.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
It’s not on the chart yet, but the stock shocks I removed matched the length of the regular Rubicon listed here. I’m not sure if the 4xe uses the same exact shock as a standard Rubicon. Because of the extra weight, it would not surprise me if the valving is modified.
Interesting, Thank you for your response.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
That was my original intent, but the plastic was much easier, and that tab makes it a bit more secure. Without it, someone can just undo that bolt and take the whole thing.
Well to be fair, with it, it's just a matter of undoing 2 bolts to steal it. Heh. I also went the route of modifying the coyote mount instead of the Jeep panel. It was easier than I expected because the coyote is aluminum. But obviously either way works. I'm just excited we are able to use them with our 4xe's! Who needs doors?? :rock:

BigG2

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Can anyone confirm if the smittybilt 77634 src side armor will fit on the 4xe? Really like the look of that and have children thinking it would be easier for them to crawl up into with. Any other recommendation that is similar?
Did you ever get the answer? If not.. they do fit, I placed them on my 4xe Rubicon

Last edited:

Sponsored

nelson55917

First Name
NIck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xE
Did you ever get the answer? If not.. they do fit, I placed them on my 4xe Rubicon
Thanks! I didn't get an answer, even from smittybilt. But, I ordered 3 weeks ago and am still impatiently waiting. Sounds like they should be here in a couple weeks. Any install issues getting that nut in the frame? Any pics you care to share?

REDSEAL199

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Highaltitude 4xe
Are those frame mounted? If i found the correct set Mike's Offroad has them for $382.00 right now.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Bestop Duster Deck Cover works, no issues with the seats, leaves an inch or two gap behind them.

Did pretty well keeping water out with the soft top windows removed in a downpour.

nelson55917

First Name
NIck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xE
Are those frame mounted? If i found the correct set Mike's Offroad has them for $382.00 right now.
They are frame mounted. I bought mine from 4wd.com with a coupon code they were $362 (+tax and ship) was right around $400. I like the pinch weld stripping that is provided with this set. Hoping it will last MN winters.
Sponsored