Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
I almost sent PM to you about this but didn't. lol The Rear Plate went on great. Better bracket if you ask me. I think the DV8 will be good too. It covers more axle too. Reviews good. I might even paint it red. :rock:

Quick ? If I put the Rancho Rear Control Arm/Shock Skid Guard on should I jack wheel up to take pressure off the shock so it will line up without me trying to compress shock to line bolt hole back up?
I had a hard time getting the bolt to line up with the holes and used a ratchet strap to compress to shocks.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I almost sent PM to you about this but didn't. lol The Rear Plate went on great. Better bracket if you ask me. I think the DV8 will be good too. It covers more axle too. Reviews good. I might even paint it red. :rock:

Quick ? If I put the Rancho Rear Control Arm/Shock Skid Guard on should I jack wheel up to take pressure off the shock so it will line up without me trying to compress shock to line bolt hole back up?
It makes it a lot easier putting shocks back on while they’re extended.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
Is like super model swimsuit photo shoot!
Well, the classic swimsuit photos. These days there could be a Bronco under that Bikini paint job. 🤷🏼‍♂️

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Scratched up the front left and rear right fenders and put a large gash in the front left tire sidewall.

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

Didn't want to risk driving it home so I found a flat concrete area to change tires.

IMG_1251.jpg

This happened on a rock course at a local OHV area. Next time I'll make sure I have a spotter.
IMG_1250.jpg
Sorry to see this. I know you will fix the tire as that would be a safety issue. But do you plan to fix the damage to the fenders? That probably won’t be cheap, esp with the potential to damage it again doing the thing we Jeepers love to do.9

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
315/70/17 BFG KO2
ICON ALLOY REBOUND WITH -12
I like the set up a lot
Those ICON are 18x9 -12 ? When I set wheel search for 17x9 they only pulled up 18x9. I tried wheel search for 17x8.5 but -12 went to -6 on search could not get -12 with 17x8.5 This is Discount tire site.

Last edited:

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
Sorry to see this. I know you will fix the tire as that would be a safety issue. But do you plan to fix the damage to the fenders? That probably won’t be cheap, esp with the potential to damage it again doing the thing we Jeepers love to do.9
I have purchased a protection plan went I bought the tires and that should be covered. The fenders don’t bother me that much so they’ll remain as is. Thanks

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve only wheeled with these ball joints a couple times. For me, I feel it’s the ball joint and nothing else that’s causing premature wear. However, my steering has no issues with the ball joints being that loose. The only reason I upgraded was that my factory ball joints need to be pulled to have the c gussets welded. For the cost, I would’ve expected it to have a longer life. The plus is it’s easy and cheap to rebuild all 4. I’ve contacted Dynatrac to see if this is an issue and I hope to hear from them on Monday.
The dynatracs arent ball joints persay, its a stud with a fk bearing pressed onto it and two snap rings hold it in place, they will rotate and move like that pretty freely, like roky said, no up and down or straight side to side(not wiggling, like holding the stud and trying to make the top of it clunk side to side) if that makes sense.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Nicely done...

What material did you use? Thanks!
I used a sheet of 3/8" styrofoam, heat reflective bubble wrap type insulation and automotive headliner. It's all glued together with 3M spray adhesive and secured to the top with 3M vhb double sided tape. I used the same materials on my JK and they stayed put for 10 years, fingers crossed these will also. You could probably use 1/2" styrofoam on the front freedom panels but 3/8" worked better for the back half. About $120 for everything.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I used a sheet of 3/8" styrofoam, heat reflective bubble wrap type insulation and automotive headliner. It's all glued together with 3M spray adhesive and secured to the top with 3M vhb double sided tape. I used the same materials on my JK and they stayed put for 10 years, fingers crossed these will also. You could probably use 1/2" styrofoam on the front freedom panels but 3/8" worked better for the back half. About $120 for everything.
Awesome.. we need to get creative... those insulation "anything" products are so expensive !!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My apologies. I had -12 in my head from my old truck. These are the -6. I think it is just the right amount of poke. I’ll try and get a picture down the side after work today.
No problem. I thought I wasn't seeing it right.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Awesome.. we need to get creative... those insulation "anything" products are so expensive !!
I agree.. I was pretty happy with my first one. It seemed like it cooled off quicker and maybe deadens some of the exterior noise. In the heat of the summer I could run the AC at half speed after I got it to a comfortable temperature rather than full blast competing with the heat radiating down from the top.

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EBD8B2FA-2620-4C96-8387-C54B0F8948BF

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EBD8B2FA-2620-4C96-8387-C54B0F8948BF

Added some rear view mirrors - of the motorcycle variety 🏍 Hat tip to @Rhinebeck01 for the tip on the motorcycle mirror solution posted on another thread.

They’re solid and tucked in nicely; a direct fit into the cowl bolt. I like the look - much better than some of the door hinge and/or handle mounted options.
Can you tell me the brand and specs you used to mount these.