2DR JL Very Bad News

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
Cool. I can wait til October. No worries. When it comes sooner I'll be happy. Thanks for making me happy
Sponsored

Vintage

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
I don't understand folks who order a vehicle that is not even in production yet and then get mad when it is not delivered.
What would be nice is an actual OFFICIAL STATEMENT from FCA as to when 2dr production will begin in earnest - it is the not knowing and no communication at all that is the issue. I choose to ignore the "shut up and take it because you ordered early and therefore should wait indefinitely with zero communication from FCA" - that rationale is concerning. When I ordered I was told by dealer/FCA that it would be 8-12 weeks. Now that has come and gone and no one can tell me when production will even begin or whether it has actually begun, much less when I might receive my wrangler.

Tunesoul

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Owner of a Mobile Auto Paint Touch Up Co.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I really have zero to gain from this. Made a forum account about 45 minutes ago. Just giving fellow 2DR fans some intel. If you don’t believe me that’s fine, but I’m just telling you what I was told. I have since cancelled my JL 2DR order. I live in MA, and if I didn’t have my JL for the start of the summer the 2018 simply wasn’t worth it for me. Take my intel with a grain of salt. Things could always change. Isnt that what this forum is for? To share news about the JL? I hope it’s not true, but I wanted a JL by June the latest. And when I was told they were going to start building them in August it was an easy decision for me. Again best of luck to all.
Rest assured that after experiencing the process of ordering a very early JLU, the reps don't know jack. I liked my dealership people because they never pretended to know anything, and even they did not trust what the reps said. Sadly, the Jeep you ordered will probably be delivered by early to mid June, if not sooner, depending upon when you ordered it.

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
It would be nice if a mod locked this thread and merged it into the 2 DOOR master thread... :idea:

Sponsored

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
It would be nice if a mod locked this thread and merged it into the 2 DOOR master thread... :idea:
Sadly tho they won't. I just received very reliable news from an insider that the mods are all on strike until August and their first posts won't show until October

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
My wifes sister knows a gal who dated a roadie for Lynyrd Skynyrd who has a nephew that works at the plant. Said they shut the line down due to a shortage of cup holders.

Seriously though, I would be highly skeptical of information given third or fourth hand. Could the line be shut down? Could there be longer delays? I mean..... sure that could happen. Could be any number of things.

And I see on a FB group someone posted “Pretty much confirmed 2 door if not all JL production has stopped”. Says due to frame issues. My guess is the info is based on whatever the person read here, or that within hours we will see someone posting it here.

In the absence of facts people will draw their own conclusions or make stuff up. Welcome to the Internet!

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Fuck it, I just rented a Fiat 124 Spider Abarth and fell completely in love for 300 miles. I'll go buy one and buy a 2020 JL once they're sorted.

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
my dealer told me that they aren’t going to start building them until August
My first dealer told me that the doors were 100% lighter. Yup.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Sponsored

Ralph2018JL

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please note at 3:37 the Michigan "Manufacturer" plates - it s a pre-production Wrangler made just for media reviews, etc. NONE to real people yet for ownership. That is the problem - NOT A SINGLE ONE delivered to a customer. Not one. So very depressing. #IHATEFCA
If you hate FCA so much and you are so drepressed, why don’t you move on???

jeepman18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade Trailhawk. Waiting on JL Rubicon 2.0L
I live in the Detroit area and I have seen 4 different 2 doors. Wasn't close enough to any of them to see if its a manufacturer plate. They sure look great though!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
No i cancelled it because my dealer told me that they aren’t going to start building them until August, and wouldn’t expect a delivery til late September or October. My dealer was extremely honest with me, and gave me back my deposit.
Dealers don't know shit!

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR