Sponsored

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
So now the insults are coming because you can not really quantify what you think is the correct answer... You are having to take this to a much more extreme level to try and make your point and still have failed to do so. This was about the stock Bronco and a stock Jeep, one lifting tires and the other not but still going the exact same places. Simple proof that it doesn't really matter. Again, show me where the stock Jeep goes that causes the Bronco to roll over because it lifts a tire. That has been the claim form the beginning that the Jeep is better because it doesn't lift a tire as easily. I see zero substantiation of that claim even after pages of people insisting this is the case. I will bow out again for a couple days while you guys see if you can prove your theory...LOL
He really wasn't insulting you, more stating basic facts.

There's really no need to prove a "theory" (since it isn't one) - but go ahead and get on your hands and knees, then lift one limb and tell us if you feel more or less stable.

I'm dumbfounded every time I see someone say lifting a tire is no big deal. Saying it's negligible to lift a tire just because you have a locker is spreading misinformation, and pretty much doing a disservice to anyone new to offroading.

Ford and the new IFS-lovers should have focused on how much better the Bronco handles onroad and at high speeds offroad. Both of which are true.
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
At the end of the day, as long as the Ford performs in front of the ice cream shop, that’s all that matters. For the rest of us, we like our wheels on the ground. And our women barefoot and pregnant. And Doritos chip fingers. It’s not the chip, it’s the lick at the end.

Deleted member 59498

Without all the physics and such I just think the Bronco is ugly. Especially the soft top it just doesn't work for me. Of course these things have a way of being acquired taste after a while.

Bartholomew

First Name
Bartholomew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My CLA45 has frameless doors but its so quick to drop, that it doesnt rattle or shake when opening. I rented a camaro convertible and it had really bad shaking from the roof and the door glass when opening.
Frameless windows was the only thing I really hated about my mustang. Living in an area with sleet... too many times I had ice build up on the windows while at work or somewhere else and the windows would freeze to the point I couldn't open the doors because the glass wouldn't retract from the frame.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Frameless windows was the only thing I really hated about my mustang. Living in an area with sleet... too many times I had ice build up on the windows while at work or somewhere else and the windows would freeze to the point I couldn't open the doors because the glass wouldn't retract from the frame.
Doors not opening is over rated for an offroad vehicle and will have no effect on the Bronco going anywhere the jeep can go...or so I've heard.

Sponsored

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
This is the second video I’ve seen where the Ford version of BLD isn’t working very well.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The Bronco is unquestionably better at being a Bronco.

I imagine it will also appeal to people who are into offroading but want something different. Since it's always Wranglers, right?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Finally, a logical reason for having a wee little bit of flex....you don’t have to crawl under to put the jack under the axle to change the tire, you can just use the body, frame or bumper and the tire comes right up........:clap:.......

Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? 8C9AF645-ACF3-4E62-83E3-FD57C21AB649

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Finally, a logical reason for having a wee little bit of flex....you don’t have to crawl under to put the jack under the axle to change the tire, you can just use the body, frame or bumper and the tire comes right up........:clap:.......

Jeep Wrangler JL MotorTrend: Bronco vs Wrangler - Which is Best? 8C9AF645-ACF3-4E62-83E3-FD57C21AB649
Geez, the lack of articulation on that photo is quite shocking.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco is unquestionably better at being a Bronco.

I imagine it will also appeal to people who are into offroading but want something different. Since it's always Wranglers, right?
Sure. That’s the guy that usually tags on to the end of a line of Jeeps, feels the urge to show that his Bronco/Tacoma/FJ Cruiser is just as capable as any Jeep, slowing everyone else down the entire day, until he ends up needing to get pulled out...

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Firm believer of all four on the ground ......

But sometimes shit happens, not the end of the world.......:)

Right there 2nd picture for me..... means 2nd pair of shorts needed!

LITTLE WILLYS

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unlimited willys
Jeep going strong for 80 years. Ford has tried to attack Jeep with the bronco twice in that time. Once in 1966, and then again in 2021. 1966 failed to unseat the king, and I am sure the 2021 will fail to do so as well. That is not to say Bronco is not a great vehicle. It was, and seems to be again. However there is a reason Jeep has had such success , and history. Jeep did not go away for 25 years.

Last edited:

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
I had totally forgotten about this problem - but that’s happened with my wife’s summer ride (PT Cruiser GT Convertible) too, during an early fall dump. I can definitely see that being a recurring issue throughout the winter.

I’ve also heard new Bronco owners with soft tops already complaining the Bronco is slow to drop the window even without it being frozen over… if you pull the handle too fast the window doesn’t drop in time to clear the soft tops lip. Someone will be bustin’ glass in no time.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I can already see the exchange:
  • Bronco fan: the frameless windows being slow to retract is no big deal, it is a simple software update
  • Bronco skeptic: sure; it will be updated in...2037
Sponsored