EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Driver spring level:
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 1F44413F-D06E-4C92-8ADE-6C022AD02B6D

Driver spring articulated some:
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep EEC2E81E-83C0-4C7A-A8D8-F6A531109425

On this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 08D2CC13-F727-4E11-910F-1C470324ADA5

This looks like s**t to me. I don’t think centering the axle with fix it.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Driver spring level:
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 08D2CC13-F727-4E11-910F-1C470324ADA5

Driver spring articulated some:

On this:

This looks like s**t to me. I don’t think centering the axle with fix it.
Just center your axle dude.... then we’ll go from there. Springs are gonna arc some when compressed because the axle is being pushed out as it’s compressing, which then makes the top and bottom of the spring misaligned. That pic is wonky because not only is top and bottom misaligned it’s also to far to one side. Here’s pic of my spring drooped and compressed, there’s an arc in both scenarios.......

Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep E51BADD3-BDB3-4D7E-8EF5-1A915548AAF3

Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 81615724-EE67-41C6-8D33-E866B503A258

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
Well like everyone said you need to center the axle. The Mopar kits are incomplete and you'll see that from every jl owner who has one. Springs, shocks and lower arms are not enough. They should also include atleast a front TB for correction and I second the RK perches. Even had to use them on my MC lift.

RK is one of the few companies to make a quality lift for the diesel. All others use spacers. Evo doesn't but people have come planned the springs sag within 6 months.

Hopefully it's as simple as that if not I would get them to refund the lift and put stock back on and go buy a better quality lift

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 4dr (JLU) Sting Gray
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep 1F44413F-D06E-4C92-8ADE-6C022AD02B6D

the spring needs to be rotated into its perch

Sponsored

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well like everyone said you need to center the axle. The Mopar kits are incomplete and you'll see that from every jl owner who has one. Springs, shocks and lower arms are not enough. They should also include atleast a front TB for correction and I second the RK perches. Even had to use them on my MC lift.

RK is one of the few companies to make a quality lift for the diesel. All others use spacers. Evo doesn't but people have come planned the springs sag within 6 months.
lower control arms are not needed for anything lower then 3.5 inches. I ran an evo 2.5 kit with nothing but track bars and it ran and rode amazing. Didn’t ever sag from what I could tell either.

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
If you disconnect the front track bar and jack the jeep off the ground the springs will center the axle, then you can check the clearances of the springs and the frame to know if that will fix your problem.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
it might not make as much of a difference on a Rubi that starts out a little higher, but the MPP Diesel-specific lift took my Willys diesel up well over 4" in front (and nearly 3" in the rear).

adjustable track bars and relocation brackets were absolutely necessary to get things where they belong, even after putting a winch on it brought the front back down to 3.8"

EDITED: to correct rear lift height specs.
additional note; i eventually removed the front relocation bracket as i found it to be causing Bump Steer.

Last edited:

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Sorry for your issues. I also have a 2021 JLUR Ecodiesel. I installed 35s without making any other modifications and everything is good. It seems like the Mopar diesel lift leaves folks with some issues that did not exist prior to the install.

Sponsored

dblankenbaker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of old Jeeps. JLURD ordered 5/7.
The upper spring isolator (factory OEM part) is wedge shaped to bow the spring out towards the tire. It has two nubs on top to properly orient it to the two holes I'm pointing to with my pinky and index fingers....

Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep tempImageG4Pm7U

If the isolators are properly installed, you will see/feel the nubs in these holes (will need to push in the inner fender liner about an inch to see/feel the holes).

grostage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L ecodiesel
Occupation
Millwright/Welder
looks like in the earlier photos the spring are bowed inwards which would mean the are installed incorrectly? maybe im missing something but id like to get this same kit for my ecodiesel and mopar mentions nothing of trackbars etc...just an alignment and headlight adjustment...
Jeep Wrangler JL Maybe leave this badge off your Jeep Annotation 2021-08-24 021200

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Springs are gonna arc some when compressed because the axle is being pushed out as it’s compressing
Right, but your S-curve is in the opposite direction of mine.
Your springs are not seated properly
They are. I have verified this many times.
The Mopar kits are incomplete and you'll see that from every jl owner who has one. Springs, shocks and lower arms are not enough. They should also include atleast a front TB for correction and I second the RK perches.
Agree, but the kit should still be functional (no parts interfering when fully articulated), right?
If you disconnect the front track bar and jack the jeep off the ground the springs will center the axle, then you can check the clearances of the springs and the frame to know if that will fix your problem.
Good idea. The dealer won’t do it, but I may use this if forced to fix on my own.
Sorry for your issues. I also have a 2021 JLUR Ecodiesel. I installed 35s without making any other modifications and everything is good. It seems like the Mopar diesel lift leaves folks with some issues that did not exist prior to the install.
I ran with the 35s and no lift for a few weeks. It’s fine, but the suspension could be better with the larger unsprung mass, and it will rub off road.
If the isolators are properly installed, you will see/feel the nubs in these holes (will need to push in the inner fender liner about an inch to see/feel the holes).
Right. This has been verified.
looks like in the earlier photos the spring are bowed inwards which would mean the are installed incorrectly?
They are installed correctly. It’s the springs themselves. Mopar acknowledges they have a problem with springs. We’re trying the third driver spring now.

If anyone is out there with the diesel Mopar lift, no aftermarket upgrades, and has tested the articulation, please let us know the results!

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not just get the money back from the mopar kit and have a far better aftermarket kit done?

OP
OP
EugeneTheJeep

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Update: The dealer installed the third driver front spring, drove up on rocks, and both driver and passenger springs hit the frame!

A lift expert at another dealer informed my dealer that the Mopar installation instructions are wrong and have the spring part numbers reversed! The ‘rule’ is the higher number part goes on the side of the fuel tank. Well on the diesel the fuel tank is on the opposite side.

So, they’re switching the springs now. We will see…
Sponsored