OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
From a former frontier owner… that’s not a threat. In fact, that’s the worst threat ever because if you think you’d be anywhere as happy with a Frontier you’re very sadly mistaken. Frontiers fu(|<en BLOW.

I say this semi light hearted, because you’re getting your wrangler… but 100% truth, I’d rather a Prius than any Nissan, especially a Frontier. I wouldn’t NEVER consider owning a Nissan ever again even if someone offered it to me for free… I’d sell it as soon as I could get anything for it. Of course if you don’t mind putting in extreme extra money for no reason then the Nissan might work. Short list of a truck I sold with 82k miles: 3 fuel pumps, all panels paint peeling with no damage, 2 new transmissions, 1 new radiator, too many recalls to count, etc. only good thing was I bought an extended warranty. Do yourself a favor, buy the Jeep!!
I can tell you, hand on heart, you are the first person to tell me the Frontier was such a pile of garbage. Everybody I met who had one (or still do) would never change it for anything else than...a new Frontier.

No offense but I think you got the lemon and can't carry your experience to others. That being said, thanks for the unsollicited advice but i'm already buying the Jeep, thank you.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Some Bloke...lol....... Si seulement les gars savaient ce que les francophones veulent dirent par là :CWL:
Peut-être à Québec, où les gens croient que lorsque quelqu'un parle anglais, c'est parce qu'on lui prépare une surprise... :)

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I had a Frontier 4x4 as a rental last year. I wouldn’t say it was terrible, well maybe terribly dated… Felt like a $5,000 beater truck.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I had a Frontier 4x4 as a rental last year. I wouldn’t say it was terrible, well maybe terribly dated… Felt like a $5,000 beater truck.
But that gen is 17 year old. Of course, it feels old and rusty. Every car journalist, including those who know what they're talking about when it comes to off-roading and towing, are pretty amazed by the new one.

Then again, we're on a Jeep forum. Anything that ain't a Wrangler or a Gladiator is considered as a pile of junk by most of us. :)

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
But that gen is 17 year old. Of course, it feels old and rusty. Every car journalist, including those who know what they're talking about when it comes to off-roading and towing, are pretty amazed by the new one.
I didn’t know they made a new one, about time. I just remember seeing the rental and was like, I remember these in high school.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I didn’t know they made a new one, about time. I just remember seeing the rental and was like, I remember these in high school.
Yeah, firsts to leave the factory should hit the market this fall. Look it up on YouTube, about every car journalist was invited to the launch event. You know it's good when TFL's Andre AND Nathan agree on a truck being very good.

Will it be as affordable as before. Highly doubt it. But it seems to be a very compelling and clever offer from Nissan. Some journalists even said "rides like a Ridgeline, goes off-road like a Taco, pulls like a GM". So...kind of a nice base, ain't it?

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
By the way, guys. I see a lot of negative comments about the Frontier. I'm, of course, talking about the spanking new one that's coming in october/november, not the 17 year old model.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Congrats! I’m sure you’ll miss your sweet loaner compass, but at least you didn’t end up with a Taco.
That stupid Compass...

But I don't mind the Taco. Seating position is kind of weird, however, as it gives you the feeling of sitting on the frame. But I always like that little truck. With a 6MT, of course. Because that auto suuuuuuuucks.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
That stupid Compass...

But I don't mind the Taco. Seating position is kind of weird, however, as it gives you the feeling of sitting on the frame. But I always like that little truck. With a 6MT, of course. Because that auto suuuuuuuucks.
I had a lifted 6mt 2nd Gen 4Runner in high school and college (20 years ago) and I can still remember how low the seating position was. Definitely made you feel like you had a ton of ground clearance.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I had a lifted 6mt 2nd Gen 4Runner in high school and college (20 years ago) and I can still remember how low the seating position was. Definitely made you feel like you had a ton of ground clearance.
But that Taco Off-Road with a factory lift and a 6MT was on my list of possibilities. However, when I went to the dealer to ask if that microchip shortage had effects on Toyota, he bursted in laughs saying "if you think it's a long time waiting for a Wrangler, that'll be an eternity with the Taco".

Well then, that plan got scratched quickly. Espcially since I don't love the Taco. I like it, it's a very good truck...But it doesn't have half of the Wrangler's or the Gladiator's character.

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I can tell you, hand on heart, you are the first person to tell me the Frontier was such a pile of garbage. Everybody I met who had one (or still do) would never change it for anything else than...a new Frontier.

No offense but I think you got the lemon and can't carry your experience to others. That being said, thanks for the unsollicited advice but i'm already buying the Jeep, thank you.
you might be right! But Nissan’s response all the way from corporate was the real reason I swore them off… truth is I loved the truck, hated Nissan not standing behind the product. My paint bubbled and peeled at 37k miles, Nissans response was to piss off it was outside the 36k mile warranty. The rest of the stuff just happened later and frankly was probably just bad luck.

regardless, congrats on the Jeep, I’ll still ride a trail or waive at you even if you considered a frontier 🤣😂

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Then again, we're on a Jeep forum. Anything that ain't a Wrangler or a Gladiator is considered as a pile of junk by most of us. :)
I guess that I'm in the minority, I have a 2014 Tundra that I ride hard and put back wet and it always takes care of me. I figure that my Jeep is going to be the vehicle that I turn a wrench on the most. I have a preference for manual transmissions and I dig driving my 2002 Civic (270K mi) into work and rowing a few gears (or my 6MT Jeep). When I think of "pile of junk" I think Hyundai (Kia) and also Nissan.