Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
392XR ordered…my plans:

Clayton 2” 392 lift with Fox Shocks
KMC Tank Bronze beadlocks
Mickey Thompson 37x12.50 Baja Boss MTs
Teraflex Alpha Tire Relocation Bracket
Rockslide Engineering Gen 3 Sliders + Slider Armor
Next Venture Full Skids when available (September ETA…we’ll see)
Next Venture Diff Sliders F/R
Rear LCA Skids
Warn Zeon 10 or 12S…haven’t decided yet
KC Gravity Pro 6 Lightbar + Pillar Pods
JL Tazer Mini

I’m sure I’ll have more miscellaneous mods but those are the big/necessary ones for me. I plan on taking this to Uwharrie as soon as I get all that stuff installed (doing it all in my/my friend’s shop) and plan to wheel it a good bit. Will also pull daily driver duty for a year or two. If the 392 ends up becoming a 1-2 model year vehicle I’m going to get something else to daily to keep the mileage down.
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
YEESSSSSSS!!!!!

I saw your post a while back about those being out of stock until January of '22 and I just happened to be on their site and saw that so I thought, "Hey, I'll let @alksion know. Can't hurt."

AWESOME!
I really appreciate the gesture. Truly. Now I will have everything ready for install. I have to be one of the last November’s orders to get a 392.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Currently have a 392 Rubicon with just some minor additions,
Ceramic coat
315/70/17 KO2`s C range
Brake light location kit
Mopar lower control arms from their kit
Ace Engineering sidesteps/Rub rails
Bartak center console cover
Muffler and pipes painted satin black and changed the covering of the big shiney can. Bronze by mistake
I would like to change the front springs to give it a level look and hopefully a much more stable ride, not really liking the mushy ride. Maybe just try a set of 2.5 lift diesel front springs for now

I know ShockerRacingGarge did the whole kit and it completely changed the ride to somewhat firmer

I am currently waiting for my 392 Rubicon with the Xtreme Recon package to be built. Order is and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I know that a lot of us can`t wait to get into their new vehicles and sometimes it makes no sense why it takes so long.
Well this is a story that my Jeep dealer had told me about a plain jane Renegade or Compass that was ordered back in April. The issue was with the white paint, for some reason they did not have that paint code available and there was none to be found, and that is a nothing special on the Jeep except for the paint.

I can imaging all of the different parts from different manufactures and just look at a
er so many stock and upgraded parts for so many combinations. I think the last time I looked they had like 37 different coil spring numbers

These guys were a Jeep dealer for years before I was even born (58) and they are tell it like it is type of people.
Jeep Wrangler JL New 392 Owners Upgrades & Mods 042.JPG
e

Last edited:

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392
Currently have a 392 Rubicon with just some minor additions,
Ceramic coat
315/70/17 KO2`s C range
Brake light location kit
Mopar lower control arms from their kit
Ace Engineering sidesteps/Rub rails
Bartak center console cover
Muffler and pipes painted satin black and changed the covering of the big shiney can. Bronze by mistake
I would like to change the front springs to give it a level look and hopefully a much more stable ride, not really liking the mushy ride. Maybe just try a set of 2.5 lift diesel front springs for now

I know ShockerRacingGarge did the whole kit and it completely changed the ride to somewhat firmer

I am currently waiting for my 392 Rubicon with the Xtreme Recon package to be built. Order is and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I know that a lot of us can`t wait to get into their new vehicles and sometimes it makes no sense why it takes so long.
Well this is a story that my Jeep dealer had told me about a plain jane Renegade or Compass that was ordered back in April. The issue was with the white paint, for some reason they did not have that paint code available and there was none to be found, and that is a nothing special on the Jeep except for the paint.

I can imaging all of the different parts from different manufactures and just look at a Wrangl
Jeep Wrangler JL New 392 Owners Upgrades & Mods 042.JPG
er so many stock and upgraded parts for so many combinations. I think the last time I looked they had like 37 different coil spring numbers

These guys were a Jeep dealer for years before I was even born (58) and they are tell it like it is type of people.
What's the purpose of the "covering of the big shiney can?" I actually thought you were going for a match of the bronze accents, looks pretty good to me. But I can't tell if that cosmetic, protection or reduces noise, etc. thx

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What's the purpose of the "covering of the big shiney can?" I actually thought you were going for a match of the bronze accents, looks pretty good to me. But I can't tell if that cosmetic, protection or reduces noise, etc. thx
It is Header wrap that does match the bronze and it does provide some sound and heat insulation to what extent I really don't know
The main reason is because I think the large silver muffler does not look good. I did it in high heat satin black first but it along with the tips but it just didnt look right to me so I went for the header wrap

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
WOW 9's they are a BEAST!!!! Looks great man, I went with 6's but theyve been on order for amonth and it wont be shipping for another month they say parts are back ordered.
I got my LP6s in like 10 days from River City Offroad.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Ok I'll have to reach out to them, thanks for the tip
Definitely :) I am mounting them to the Mopar winch guard. I got the amber squadron pros which I’m mounting to the a pillar mounts from Mopar.

Last edited:

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
It is Header wrap that does match the bronze and it does provide some sound and heat insulation to what extent I really don't know
The main reason is because I think the large silver muffler does not look good. I did it in high heat satin black first but it along with the tips but it just didnt look right to me so I went for the header wrap
el_guapo beat me to the question about the heat wrap... heat wrap is usually intended to keep the heat in (away from things outside of it) and I never thought to use it for aesthetic purposes...

I rarely do things for looks, everything has a function... but ima wait until I see the MetalCloak skid system..

...for aesthetic purposes - MetalCloack stuff is "gold colored" too... :) (ooooh.... aaaaaahhhh....)

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
el_guapo beat me to the question about the heat wrap... heat wrap is usually intended to keep the heat in (away from things outside of it) and I never thought to use it for aesthetic purposes...

I rarely do things for looks, everything has a function... but ima wait until I see the MetalCloak skid system..

...for aesthetic purposes - MetalCloack stuff is "gold colored" too... :) (ooooh.... aaaaaahhhh....)
I wasn't aware of MetalCloak coming out with a skid system, I will have to check that out.
Most owners don't even realize that the storage bin under the rear carpet is less than half of a regular Rubicon, this is because the muffler takes up that much space and it does get quite warm.
I might just go with the MetalCloak on my 392 Recon when it comes in.
The header wrap is available on Amazon and it's a little time consuming without another set of hands
Notice that the last picture from Jeep has the whole system blacked out, maybe it was for prying eyes during testing? There are a lot of other factory pictures where the muffler and tips are blacked out
The Rubicon with the 4 or 6 cyl has a smaller muffler mounted on a different angle

Jeep Wrangler JL New 392 Owners Upgrades & Mods 2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-392_100790594_m
Jeep Wrangler JL New 392 Owners Upgrades & Mods 2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-392_100790597_m
Jeep Wrangler JL New 392 Owners Upgrades & Mods 2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-rubicon-392_100790594_m

Jeep Wrangler JL New 392 Owners Upgrades & Mods 2021_jeep_wrangler_rubicon_392_2_1920x1080

042.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Definitely :) I am mounting them to the Mopar winch guard. I got the amber squadron pros which I’m mounting to the a pillar mounts from Mopar.
Hey J, they saved me $250 between the two sets and at least one set is in stock! Thanks man!!!

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Yeah not problem. Glad you picked up a few. Can’t wait to get them installed.
I can't believe the price difference, I shop everything. Stupid me for not shopping these.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I can't believe the price difference, I shop everything. Stupid me for not shopping these.
Yeah and they have no sales tax which is nice too. I did shop around and pretty much Warn winches we’re the same everywhere. I’m just glad I found one in stock.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I like Metal cloak's joints... probably will go with them this time around. JJ's have too much maintenance on my Gladiator, so hoping Metalcloak's will be a better balance. Teraflex are sealed I believe, and have heard good things, though I'd imagine their time to market may be a bit slower.

Not sure you'll like brushed aluminum pedals if you've got dirty wet feet.

Going with LP9's as opposed to LP6's on my Gladiator, might carry that over to the 392 as well.

The Teraflex relocation kit was hands down the best relocation kit I've used and fixed my issue with spare causing interference with my backup sensors on a 37" MT. That said, I'm not sure you'll need any relocation kit at all with 37" KO2's. I technically didn't on my '19 JLUR.

Flashlight holder seemed more gimmicky than anything and is just something I carry in my recovery gear bag now. But for $25 :)

The most important thing on your list if you're going to wheel it heavily are the skids. I think it'll be some time before we see a decent aluminum option.

Oh and I love my rock slide engineering steps on my Gladiator.
Funny you say that about the skids. I bottomed out my wife’s Sahara hard on Friday more than once. I nervous to see how bad it looks underneath…
Sponsored