Sponsored

Bronco features you would like Jeep to incorporate into Wrangler during JL's mid-cycle redesign

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I like that the Bronco offers a variety of locker options. Some trims come with only Rear and some with both F/R. Jeep should have done this a LONG time ago, i.e. Rubi=F/R, Sahara=n/a, Sport=Rear.
I like that the Bronco swaybar can disconnect under load.
I like the Broncos birds-eye camera view.
I like that Bronco comes standard with LED lights.

I dont like that the Bronco has the rear A/C vents on the floor...No Bueno
I dont like the placement of the Bronco speaker in the back.
I dont like all the plastic in the Bronco. Reminds me of my old JK1 & JK2.
I dont like the Ford button pad on the doors. They look bad after awhile.
I dont like how long the 4-door Bronco looks, But I do like the 2-door size.

I am not sure if I would like or dislike the frameless doors and 4 piece hardtop. Seems like a lots of weak points when off-roading and possible noisy connections.

Not sure if in the Bronco you can engage the lockers & disconnect the swaybar in 4HI... if yes, then I like that. I had to buy the Tazer Mini to get those options in my JLR.
Jeep briefly offered an optional rear locker in models other than Rubicon. But they discontinued it to push folks to the Rubi, which is exactly what it did. It's about making money. I don't fault them for that. But if that locker had been available when I bought my JK, I probably would not have bought a Rubicon. So it certainly worked with me. Glad it did. I like the front locker, sway bar disco, and 4.10 gearing in that JK. Not to mention the Dana 44 up front.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, a rear locker should be a fairly common option in this day and age.
They put one in the Cherokee... shouldn't be that hard for a Wrangler. lol

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I just got wind that prices of Sahara/Rubicon 4Xe and Rubicon 392 are going up a few hundred bucks.

Doesnā€™t look like Bronco is having the desired competition on Wrangler prices! šŸ˜«

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I just wind that prices of Sahara/Rubicon 4Xe and Rubicon 392 are going up a few hundred bucks.

Doesnā€™t look like Bronco is having the desired competition on Wrangler prices! šŸ˜«
You get what you pay for?

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I just got wind that prices of Sahara/Rubicon 4Xe and Rubicon 392 are going up a few hundred bucks.

The Bronco is not yet available to the general public.

The guys from TFL just put a Best Top soft top on theirs. Give it time.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco is not yet available to the general public.
Yeah, thatā€™s a big part of it.

After 2 years of nonstop marketing, Ford generated all this demand for Bronco that now it cannot fulfill. Some of that demand is ending up in Jeep Wranglers. In a way Ford is lucky Jeep dealers have no Wranglers in inventory or the exodus would be even worse.

I just hope the guys at Stellantis realize that this bump in Wrangler demand is the result of the convergence of unique, temporary factors.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Bronco things I like:

- Better Seats
- Aux Switches up high by the rear-view mirror
- 360 camera
- Wireless CarPlay/Wireless Charging
- Standard LEDs
- I like the frameless doors, but with the half-door solution Jeep just released I don't see that changing. I wish Jeep had a better solution for uppers on half doors
- Armorlite Flooring as a Mopar option
- I think Jeep should do a significantly upgraded interior for the Sahara to really differentiate it from the other trims
- Simpler plug for the doors when you take them off
- Like the longer wheelbase of the 2-door

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Yeah, thatā€™s a big part of it.

After 2 years of nonstop marketing, Ford generated all this demand for Bronco that now it cannot fulfill. Some of that demand is ending up in Jeep Wranglers. In a way Ford is lucky Jeep dealers have no Wranglers in inventory or the exodus would be even worse.

I just hope the guys at Stellantis realize that this bump in Wrangler demand is the result of the convergence of unique, temporary factors.
Ford did a poor job on the roll out. No question about it.

Let us see what happens when they finally get their act together. This is as much a business strategy story as it is a motor vehicle enthusiast story.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Forgot...GET RID OFF THE STUPID 2 BATTERY EES SYSTEM!!!!!

IF Jeep insists on 2 batteries have them side by side. Easily accessible / owner replaceable!!!!

A small computer back-up battery hidden under the main battery is a TERRIBLE idea!!! Hoping that engineer has been fired already!!!

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
- I think Jeep should do a significantly upgraded interior for the Sahara to really differentiate it from the other trims
I donā€™t know how successful High Altitude has turned out be. My guess is ā€œnot very.ā€ I see dealers who have any HAs in stock discounting them.

Iā€™d consolidate several of HAā€™s standard features into Sahara. I think the quilted leather seats would find a few takers; the same goes for the color matched mirrors and door handles. Perhaps turn HA into a luxury package offered on Saharas that includes standard painted hardtop with headliner, all-monochromatic exterior, quilted leather seats, LEDs all-around, 8.4 & Alpine Sound, proximity locks, Cold Weather Group.

The ugly 20-inch wheels and low profile tires have to go, though; they have no place on a Wrangler.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
- Like the longer wheelbase of the 2-door
I don't get this? Why do people want a longer wheelbase? Not to be argumentative but get a 4 door if you want that. The 2 door Bronco is 7"s longer / hence the longer wheel base.

I think the current dimensions of the 2 door are just right. Please, as mentioned earlier, no longer, wider or heavier.

I'm at a loss for longer wheel base. Please explain.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
LJ appeared to hit a sweetspot among those who wanted a 2-door but needed more practicality. It remains one of the most desirable Wranglers of all time.

The bulk of the development costs on a body-on-frame vehicle goes into the frame, powertrains and drivetrains. Adding body types onto existing frames should be relatively inexpensive. Especially if hood, fenders, doors, tailgate, etc., can be reused.

The way things are headed, the 2-door may be dead by the time JM arrives. Which would be very unfortunate. Anything Jeep can do to revive the 2-door is a good thing IMO.
Sponsored