Sponsored

Recommendations for full width front and rear steel (or aluminum) bumpers for my JL?

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
I have the Hefty Fab works bumpers. I really like them. They are all hand made and fairly light. The front is a narrow width but the rear is full and has a nice narrow corner that wraps the body.
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for full width front and rear steel (or aluminum) bumpers for my JL? 884753EE-A838-461E-A44A-70656C14E455_1_105_c
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for full width front and rear steel (or aluminum) bumpers for my JL? 884753EE-A838-461E-A44A-70656C14E455_1_105_c
Been looking for bumpers for a few months now. Just when I thought I had my decision made you had to post that. Smh

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Sponsored

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
+1 on the rock hard 4x4 patriot front aluminum bumper.

it is awesome, but the only reason i spent the money (it is expensive) is that i needed light weight full width, but also the ability to flat tow behind my RV, and the patriot bumper is certified by rock hard for that.

i went with the rugged ridge HD rear bumper on this go around. I did it because the price was right, and it is only 40 lbs, and it has backup sensor holes. (my previous rear bumper was 137 lbs)

finish & packaging on both bumpers was excellent.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I am giving the Ironman 4X4 Rigid series rear bumper a shot. Great price for the kit which included a tire relocation bracket, Class III hitch, cube LED lights and tag mounts for the bumper and spare tire. Very fast shipping and the fit and finish is great. Apparently they are big in the Toyota and Subaru off road community in Australia and been around for 40 years.

Screenshot_20210809-114834_Instagram.jpg

Sponsored

There’sOnlyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I am giving the Ironman 4X4 Rigid series rear bumper a shot. Great price for the kit which included a tire relocation bracket, Class III hitch, cube LED lights and tag mounts for the bumper and spare tire. Very fast shipping and the fit and finish is great. Apparently they are big in the Toyota and Subaru off road community in Australia and been around for 40 years.

Screenshot_20210809-114834_Instagram.jpg
Are you liking this bumper? I’m looking at one and search found your post. I want a bumper that wraps around the sides and this one does that. Looks good and price is right. They also have 25% off for July 4th. How long was shipping? How is it mounted? I don’t like the way the factory OE steel has brackets that will cut into body if impacted. Thanks.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Are you liking this bumper? I’m looking at one and search found your post. I want a bumper that wraps around the sides and this one does that. Looks good and price is right. They also have 25% off for July 4th. How long was shipping? How is it mounted? I don’t like the way the factory OE steel has brackets that will cut into body if impacted. Thanks.

Hello, thanks for asking. Yes, I'm still happy with the bumper. The fit and finish has done very well and I have not noticed any issues. It is mounted very solid to the frame rails. I had the stock steel bumper and had smacked it on the rocks a couple of times on Colorado trips. After installing this bumper I have not hit it on anything to test how well it would hold up but it sits higher than stock. When I went back to Colorado after installing it I did the exact same obstacles on the same trails and didn't come close to hitting it, which is what I was looking for, a bumper that mounts high and tight to the body and wraps around the corners. I think the corners might give in if you came down full-force on an obstacle but you'd be hard pressed to find another bumper that won't without some modification or serious weight. For the price you get a lot with the bumper and I would buy it again. Once they got my order it was at my house within a week. The packaging was amazing, lol, they made made sure that it wouldn't get damaged in transit. Side note, I left my stock trailer hitch on and sold the new one.

Let me know if that helps or you have other questions.
Sponsored