Sponsored

What does a typical Wrangler "refresh" consist of?

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Throw out history- a new owner will make these decisions… T
I agree, that the Wrangler's history may not be able to shed much light on the JL's future.

There is already an unprecedented amount of customozation available for the JL, from engine options, to tire sizes.

I agree that UConnect / technology changes are most likely as a mid-cycle refresh.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The mid-cycle refresh was introduced for 2011-12 JK; Jeep was well under Fiat ownership by then.

My guess is the French owners are still too new to impact JL’s schedule set up under FCA.

I am 99% positive we will see a thorough update in a year from now. Like I said, it will likely focus mostly on upgrading the interior and the level of technology.

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Better seats. Not power just side bolsters/padding and adjustability. 12 inch screen, Move aux switchs higher on dash board. Maybe over head by mirror, Better interior lighting...Yes to factory lift/35's as option on all models as well as optional rear lockers again all models.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
There'd be two models to pick from: Wrangler, and Rubicon. That's it.

The latter would retain its current uparmored mechanical trimmings, whereas the former would functionally be a Sport to which any and every option (sans the intentionally distinct Rubicon build) could be individually added, based on the buyer's preferences.
This would be so awesome. For people like me, there's just something magical about an absolute base Sport (with A/C, though lol), but to then give me the ability to maybe throw the sway bar disconnect on there with nicer tires?

Done deal. I would buy again in a few years if they did that.

Sponsored

Grooster

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Cherokee Latitude
Occupation
IT Director
I would love to see a heads up display added along with wireless charging to go with wireless car play, too. Let's make those windows become one touch UP to go with the one touch down, ok?

Since we have the 3.0 Eco Diesel now, maybe we could get the European 4 cylinder diesel as an option?

And while we're at it, can we make the shiny bezel on the steering wheel NOT reflect sunlight on the windshield? Yeah, I know you can get the black bezel and swap them out but there's that whole airbag thing that you have to deal with to get to the bezel. Maybe some black electrical tape and call it good...smh.

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
My guess is paint colors, power seats and bigger screen. That turbo inline 6 rumor has been floating around FOREVER and I feel it’s never gonna come at this point. I hope I’m wrong

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I just hope they don't move to a Ram-style electronic transmission/4WD shifter knob in an effort to refresh the center console area.

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
There's a lot of technology that the Wrangler currently lags behind on, but I'd want it to be integrated better - the last thing it needs (IMO) is more screens.

Here's my list:

Ventilated seats - given where/how most Wranglers are used, ventilated make way more sense than heated, IMO
Not sure that would be ideal given the exposure to the elements with the top off. May affect the "weather resistance" of the current seats.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Buttons are good. Bigger screen cool, but let me change the volume and the temp with dials and buttons.
I much prefer buttons to screens, especially for something that I plan to keep for 10+ years.

How many things with a screen do you know that last more than 3-4 years?

KPersCO

First Name
KP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon, '13 WRX Wagon
Occupation
Engineer
The interior is designed to rugged so you can take the doors and top off and get things wet and dirty. Even though we all know most people don't do that. There is no way they will do a major overhaul to the interior. Even if they have with other models in the line up simply put they aren't the wrangler.

IMO the next gen uConnect will be on the table at some point and maybe some other easily added tech options.

Completely agree that since there have been two additional powerplants already it would be really surprising for them to make changes to the trans/engine options.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
^ I agree, which is why I don't think ventilated seats will ever be in a Wrangler. I'm skeptical about power seats, but if they can do heated seats perhaps it's less of a concern.

I personally think my Sport cloth seats are very comfortable. IMO the only thing I'd change is adding an adjustable headrest. It tilts too far forward for my wife when she has a ponytail in.

I think maybe on the exterior end of things they might make LED lights (headlights, fogs, side markers, and tail lights) standard, play around with the geometry of the fenders a little, and delete the stupid little aero pieces on the Sport bumpers. Or just redesign them entirely. Nothing crazy. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
Just give me the GME-T6...oh, and move the 4X4 shifter to the right side of the transmission shifter. I need more room for my man spread ;)

Reactions: AFD

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a post from someone who got caught in a downpour with the top off; his head unit got fried —or drowned...however you wanna look at it.

The idea of the utilitarian Jeep interior that can be hosed down is very romantic, but those days are long gone.

Have you tried it? Good luck!
Sponsored