Sponsored

I wish there was a ALL UP/DOWN JLU window option....

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I swear it takes me at least 4 presses,neck turns, and ten seconds on my life to make sure all my windows are where I want them. 😎☕
Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I swear it takes me at least 4 presses,neck turns, and ten seconds on my life to make sure all my windows are where I want them. 😎☕
I always do it in pairs, be default, I put my index and ring fingers in each set of toggles and do 2 at a time. :)

I've gotten to knowing by sound that the rears are up or down, so unless I am lowering them to vent when parked, and want to keep them up inside the installed visors, I never look back at the rears.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wbino

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
If you're able to lock the windows from opening with a lock switch, you should be able to open all with a safety latch on the switch of some type.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I totally agree, it’s such a PITA with my shifter too. If I’m in 1st I can’t even get my hand in there to get them rolled up lol first world problems

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I know, huh. A $50,000 Jeep couldn't cover the cost of a 25¢ part.

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
This would be a great feature and there is a way to do it, but it takes wires and electricity and effort and stuff and I just didn't want to deal with all that.

Last edited:

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I thought one touch up/down was missing cuz of you guys who want to remove doors??? I think because of that we are lucky to have "one touch" down ?

Go Jeep!!!

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Both my former 1989 Mercedes company car in Germany and my current 2011 MDX had/have an all-up and all down function. For the un-air-conditioned Mercedes, it was a way of cooling down the car before driving off. In the case of the MDX, it is undocumented in the Owner's Manual!

Essentially, if I take the MDX Fob and press twice and hold the unlock button, the car unlocks and all windows and the sunroof open! The same thing happens when I turn and hold the key rearwards in the driver's door lock. If I turn the key forwards, in reverse logic (forward doesn't mean go) the car locks and all the windows and sunroof close. However, perhaps to save little fingers, the Fob doesn't work to close the windows and sunroof. I'm guessing the design logic is that the fob can open safely from a distance, but only when standing next to the car with a key can one see all the windows and little fingers.

I think at least one of my Honda Pilots (2004, 2007) had the same capability as the MDX, but that is an ancient history detail long forgotten.

One downside of this remote open feature is that if you sit on your fob and/or have many keys, you might unknowingly unlock your vehicle and partially or fully open the sunroof and windows just in time for a storm.

While my 2018 JLUR doesn't have this all-open capability, I suspect there are other vehicles out there with such undocumented functions.

Hmmm. Is this an MDX Easter Egg? Hadn't thought of it that way...

Stay Safe Out There!

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I originally did the DEI module where you have to splice wires, but you need multiple modules.

i switched to this one this year. No wire cutting

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PD5RSSF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It gives you 1 touch up & down for each of the windows, as well as the ability to roll all the windows up / down with the remote.

i did this type of control in all of my cars and trucks for the last 20 years.

i love parking, and then simply hitting the lock button twice for it to automatically close the windows.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Both my former 1989 Mercedes company car in Germany and my current 2011 MDX had/have an all-up and all down function. For the un-air-conditioned Mercedes, it was a way of cooling down the car before driving off. In the case of the MDX, it is undocumented in the Owner's Manual!

Essentially, if I take the MDX Fob and press twice and hold the unlock button, the car unlocks and all windows and the sunroof open! The same thing happens when I turn and hold the key rearwards in the driver's door lock. If I turn the key forwards, in reverse logic (forward doesn't mean go) the car locks and all the windows and sunroof close. However, perhaps to save little fingers, the Fob doesn't work to close the windows and sunroof. I'm guessing the design logic is that the fob can open safely from a distance, but only when standing next to the car with a key can one see all the windows and little fingers.

I think at least one of my Honda Pilots (2004, 2007) had the same capability as the MDX, but that is an ancient history detail long forgotten.

One downside of this remote open feature is that if you sit on your fob and/or have many keys, you might unknowingly unlock your vehicle and partially or fully open the sunroof and windows just in time for a storm.

While my 2018 JLUR doesn't have this all-open capability, I suspect there are other vehicles out there with such undocumented functions.

Hmmm. Is this an MDX Easter Egg? Hadn't thought of it that way...

Stay Safe Out There!
Forgot got to mention it in my other post, but there is a module you can buy that mounts in the driver door that will give you the window close with the fob. I started using this module back in 2006 on my 05 TL.

i will do a little searching and see if i can find it.

if you are really interested, just check the TL forums and i am sure they can direct you to it.
Sponsored