Sponsored

just took delivery - question for those who have already gotten their Jeep

Zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just took delivery of my JLUR a couple days ago and have a couple questions for those who have gone before me.

Did you get the wire splices for the aux switches? (Shrink wrap, etc, whatever comes with that). My dealer told me he didn’t take anything out of the Jeep before I got there and it was not there.

This one is kinda stupid but... my doors all have small clear plastic stickers with a groove cut from the middle to one edge. These stickers are on the bottom of the doors and partially cover small holes in the metal. These are outside the gasket that seals the door when you close it. Should these come off?

I was going to take them off when I only saw one, but when I realized each door had 2 in the same spots, I hesitated.

Ok I know these aren’t high priority issues, but its my baby and I have to take care of it.
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@Zoot ..

The little bag with the shrink wrap and little metal ends is really nothing much. Cheapy stuff. Don't worry about that.

Would like to see pics of the "stickers" you are talking about. Probably best to leave them be.

DO make sure you have a wheel lock key that fits ALL wheel locks on your JLU.

You would be wise to read at this thread also: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/delivery-checklist.3453/

OP
OP

Zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Didn’t get the wheel lock because it didn’t come with wheel locks. (The dealer is throwing some in, but I have to go get them later today)

Wonder why some folks say they are getting these from the factory and some aren’t.

I know the wiring stuff isn’t worth having a fit over, just curious what happened to them (the user guide was already opened and in a Jeep folder thing they give you to put the books in.). They probably threw them away.

OP
OP

Zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Will try to get pics of the stickers.

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
snipe:
Didn’t get the wheel lock because it didn’t come with wheel locks. (The dealer is throwing some in, but I have to go get them later today)

Wonder why some folks say they are getting these from the factory and some aren’t.
JLU is suppose to come with one wheel lock on the spare. That's it.

Osna 780

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR , 2012 JK Sport S.
Just took delivery of my JLUR a couple days ago and have a couple questions for those who have gone before me.

Did you get the wire splices for the aux switches? (Shrink wrap, etc, whatever comes with that). My dealer told me he didn’t take anything out of the Jeep before I got there and it was not there.

This one is kinda stupid but... my doors all have small clear plastic stickers with a groove cut from the middle to one edge. These stickers are on the bottom of the doors and partially cover small holes in the metal. These are outside the gasket that seals the door when you close it. Should these come off?

I was going to take them off when I only saw one, but when I realized each door had 2 in the same spots, I hesitated.

Ok I know these aren’t high priority issues, but its my baby and I have to take care of it.
Never found the package of shrink tubing and splice clips in my JLUR either. Only got one wheel lock on the spare and the wheel lock key. Every thing else was there, and yes I have the Aux switches/trailer tow package. As long as the clear labels over the door drains are slotted leave them alone. If they are not cut with a slit put a slit in them. You want your door bottom drains open to allow water to be channeled out. Also don't remove the protective film from the front edges of the rear fender flares they are there for stone chip protection.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
snipe:
Also don't remove the protective film from the front edges of the rear fender flares they are there for stone chip protection.
Yes, Excellent advice!

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
Never found the package of shrink tubing and splice clips in my JLUR either. Only got one wheel lock on the spare and the wheel lock key. Every thing else was there, and yes I have the Aux switches/trailer tow package. As long as the clear labels over the door drains are slotted leave them alone. If they are not cut with a slit put a slit in them. You want your door bottom drains open to allow water to be channeled out. Also don't remove the protective film from the front edges of the rear fender flares they are there for stone chip protection.
Hi. Please explain what you mean from wiring? Just brought our Rubi home late Friday night.

Osna 780

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR , 2012 JK Sport S.
Hi. Please explain what you mean from wiring? Just brought our Rubi home late Friday night.
I am not sure what you a referring to ckorte13? If you ordered the trailer tow package you are suppose to get a small bag with short pieces of shrink tubing and small crimp splice connectors to join your aux. switch harness to any accessories you may want to hook up example a light bar or
winch or on board air compressor etc. If you didn't order the tow package you won't get the shrink splice sleeves and splice crimp joiners. Hope that helps the rest of my previous post refers to the water drain slots in the bottom of all the doors for water management they should be slotted and the clear film on the front edge of the rear wheel flares is for stone chip protection like an invisible hood protector/bra don't remove the protective film hope this helps.

Sponsored

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
I am not sure what you a referring to ckorte13? If you ordered the trailer tow package you are suppose to get a small bag with short pieces of shrink tubing and small crimp splice connectors to join your aux. switch harness to any accessories you may want to hook up example a light bar or
winch or on board air compressor etc. If you didn't order the tow package you won't get the shrink splice sleeves and splice crimp joiners. Hope that helps the rest of my previous post refers to the water drain slots in the bottom of all the doors for water management they should be slotted and the clear film on the front edge of the rear wheel flares is for stone chip protection like an invisible hood protector/bra don't remove the protective film hope this helps.
Yes. Thank you. The dealership said nothing of the sort to us at all. Our 1st jeep. so any advice would be helpful. No instructions from them. Oh. warranty. to protect paint against bugs. they want yo spray a protector on it. Thoughts on that plaease I have till Wednesday to get it done.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
^^^
Are they charging you for the paint protector? If so, pass.

Also, with the tow pkg you get the splices...I attached a pic. Also, make sure you got the tool kit which I think comes with every Jeep. Another thing that some Rubicon’s are missing is the black fuel door. Make sure that’s on the there...plus check all your fenders to make sure they match and you got the right ones.

6B0C8DA2-9494-4660-B10F-C20715A52845.jpeg

63292505-8775-4BDC-AD15-1FA4CC5AD64E.jpeg

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
On wheel locks. Wranglers are supposed to come with one on the spare, but dealers have been throwing in a full set of 5 for all wheels either for free (probably not) or as part of a protection pkg they add on to the sale. My dealer tacked on $279 protections pkg that included the locks and prep of the Jeep (PDI basically). I wanted to argue about it as PDI should be a sunk cost for the dealer, but I was getting a pretty good price overall for the Jeep, so let it slide.

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
^^^
Are they charging you for the paint protector? If so, pass.

Also, with the tow pkg you get the splices...I attached a pic. Also, make sure you got the tool kit which I think comes with every Jeep. Another thing that some Rubicon’s are missing is the black fuel door. Make sure that’s on the there...plus check all your fenders to make sure they match and you got the right ones.

6B0C8DA2-9494-4660-B10F-C20715A52845.jpeg

63292505-8775-4BDC-AD15-1FA4CC5AD64E.jpeg
Hi. Yes. Charging for the paint protector. It was part of an extra warranty they talked us into. What is the issue with the Extra? Is it harmful to the paint? We're they yanking our chain about how good it is? They made it part of our deal. Please provide thoughts on this. Extra warranty for the interior too. I will look in the morning for that tool bag. I don't think we have in the Jeep the red bag that showed in the build order on line that holds tools.

Last edited: