Sponsored

What does a typical Wrangler "refresh" consist of?

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Throw out history- a new owner will make these decisions… The Bronco roll out fiasco will remove some pressure for a more timely update….
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Throw out history- a new owner will make these decisions… The Bronco roll out fiasco will remove some pressure for a more timely update….
Actually, with 4Xe, 392, Compass, Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer, Jeep has shown that it can stick to a schedule despite COVID, chip shortages and a Bronco launch.

Tejas

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JULRD
i wouldn't mind the larger screen, Uconnect 5 and the McIntosh sound system that the new cherokees have.

Sponsored

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
Seems a little refined for a Wrangler. I'm doubting it would be that radically changed without a completely new platform.
I'm pretty sure the poster wasn't being serious :)

Last edited:

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
I certainly hope not as I want to see a physical automatic shifter rather than a knob. For a refresh, I'd like to see:

1. Heated LED lights for those of us living in the snow areas.

2. Manual Transmission available as an option for the Turbo 4 and the EcoDiesel.

3. Wireless Apple Car Play and Android Auto.
I like your list but I don't ever see # 2 happening. I'd like to add to #1 - heater elements in the windshield to de-ice the wipers. My '15 4R has that feature (it runs under the wipers' resting position, and up the driver's side edge) and works awesome at keeping the wipers fairly ice-free. It's not perfect, but better than nothing at all.

Rear curtain airbags is my ask for the 2022 MY. I'm waiting for news on that rumor now and will order a '22 JLUR if the rear curtain airbags are offered. I presume they'll design them into the seat somehow? Not sure, of course--I'm not an engineer.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I presume they'll design them into the seat somehow? Not sure, of course--I'm not an engineer.
They'd have to integrate sensors into the rear seat. That will likely not happen. Also, I don't think an airbag can be used in a fully folding seat. Yes the front seat back tilts, but that's not the same. If anything, they will be incorporated into the roll bar similar to how Ford has done it with the Bronco.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I guess I'm in the minority who thinks the (larger) screen in the current Wrangler is plenty big enough? I love tech as much as the next guy but it seems people be wanting
Jeep Wrangler JL What does a typical Wrangler "refresh" consist of? 1629292005051
I’m in the same boat as you. All I need the screen for is music and maps. This seems like overkill to me.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

There's a lot of technology that the Wrangler currently lags behind on, but I'd want it to be integrated better - the last thing it needs (IMO) is more screens.

Here's my list:
  1. LED headlights should be standard
  2. Ventilated seats - given where/how most Wranglers are used, ventilated make way more sense than heated, IMO
  3. Improved driver's seat to better accommodate tall (6ft+) drivers. I'm 6'1" and it's pretty tight.
  4. Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto
  5. HUD - the windshield is flat, what better place to be able to project key stats? How convenient would Offroad Pages be if they were projected onto your windshield?! or Gaia/OnX!?
  6. I'd love to see them redesign the Freedom Panels to be slightly smaller to better store within the vehicle. As is they're ginormous and take up half the cargo area while also blocking rear view.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Here's my list:
  1. LED headlights should be standard
/\ THAT /\

I made the mistake of briefly visiting Amazon looking for LED light replacements before I ordered my rig and saw some for a couple hundred so I kinda figured thats what they ran. Only later did I find out different.

Not that it mattered as that package is not available on my trim level anyway.

Reactions: AFD

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Do you have wired Car Play? If so it's easy to buy a dongle and convert it to wireless. My Hellcat RedEye has wired Carplay and I added the dongle. Best thing ever.
Ahh yes, but what we really need is not only factory wireless CarPlay, but also a wireless charging pad to charge the phone as well. An aftermarket dongle can’t do that.