Sponsored

Banks Power - Exhaust, Intake, Tuner

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
The nut on the mirror arms hit the corner of the gauge. You actually have to slide the nut in the recess and rotate the mirror arm on. I believe you can mount the cmm mounts on the bottom of the grab handle If it bothers you. I prefer the mirrors up higher so I just deal with it.

No Spark V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 3.0 GCM
Clubs

The nut on the mirror arms hit the corner of the gauge. You actually have to slide the nut in the recess and rotate the mirror arm on. I believe you can mount the cmm mounts on the bottom of the grab handle If it bothers you. I prefer the mirrors up higher so I just deal with it.
Thanks for the feedback. I have my mirrors up top also.

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
Have you tried installing? I've watched the install video several times. My fuel rail sensor is upside down from what's shown in the video making access to the tab almost impossible. I can just barely touch the tab but can't curl my fingers enough to put any pressure on it. I can't push the red lock back. Actually, I can even see the red locking tab. Is your orientated with the red locking mechanism on the top like shown on the installation video?
hmmm interesting. I think mine was upside down as well. I ended up using a pick and a flat head to get the clip free w/o damage. Def could not get a good grip on w/ it being inverted like that. GL

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
Can you take a picture with the visor down? I'm curious how much of the gauge is blocked from the visor or if the gauge limits how far the visor will go.
Unfortunately I can’t as I’m away from the Jeep until Mid September. Sorry.

I honestly don’t “think” it hurts visor placement. I say that because I can’t use it all the way down. I’m too tall and if it was down, I couldn’t see anything out front.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I wish they had the EcoDiesel air intake kit ready. I'm sick and tired of waiting on the AFE intake. It's been 8 weeks and they keep saying "12 more weeks" every time I call them.

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
Has anyone gotten a P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure CEL after installing Derringer/DataMonster? Was showing my brother the difference in power when I got the code. Cleared it and drove it home w/o any issues.

I was being a total idiot w/ the throttle when it threw the code.

26 confirmed

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon eco diesel
Were you trying to change the pedal monster settings while you were on the throttle? I have the Derringer tuner and the pedal monster and I’m always hard on the throttle and never got that check engine light.

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
Were you trying to change the pedal monster settings while you were on the throttle? I have the Derringer tuner and the pedal monster and I’m always hard on the throttle and never got that check engine light.
I didn't change any settings. Still waiting on the PedalMonster from Banks (anyone else think their customer service is slow??). Just mashed on the throttle like an idiot to demonstrate the gains then caught the light.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
Has anyone gotten a P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure CEL after installing Derringer/DataMonster? Was showing my brother the difference in power when I got the code. Cleared it and drove it home w/o any issues.

I was being a total idiot w/ the throttle when it threw the code.
This is the derringer underreporting fuel pressure to trick the fuel system into pushing 20% extra fuel
I didn't change any settings. Still waiting on the PedalMonster from Banks (anyone else think their customer service is slow??). Just mashed on the throttle like an idiot to demonstrate the gains then caught the light.
Mine was doing this before they added the new firmware . 34.4 psi boost and 36,000 psi fuel pressure

Sponsored

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
This is the derringer underreporting fuel pressure to trick the fuel system into pushing 20% extra fuel

Mine was doing this before they added the new firmware . 34.4 psi boost and 36,000 psi fuel pressure
Thanks for the tip. I’m running the latest firmware according to Banks website:

ChryslerEcoDiesel3LDerringer61313-30-05-5.bdb

Going on a long road trip and will see if it throws any codes.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
36,000 PSI?? Wow...that is considerably outside normal operating range. I was interested in the Banks tuner but now that I'm starting to see how it actually works I've changed my mind.

The CP4 injection system in these diesels routinely blows up on its own. Repairs can be $8,000 to $12,000. Manufacturers do everything they can to get out of covering it under warranty. I just saw another guy post about his this morning. So in my opinion, purposefully jacking around with the fuel flow on these is just asking for trouble.

I may wait for a safer, more tested option like the GDE tune.

EcoDieselcp4.jpg

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
36,000 PSI?? Wow...that is considerably outside normal operating range. I was interested in the Banks tuner but now that I'm starting to see how it actually works I've changed my mind.

The CP4 injection system in these diesels routinely blows up on its own. Repairs can be $8,000 to $12,000. Manufacturers do everything they can to get out of covering it under warranty. I just saw another guy post about his this morning. So in my opinion, purposefully jacking around with the fuel flow on these is just asking for trouble.

yes it is high . Bosch cp4 has working pressure up to 2700 bar 39,160.189 psi

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

EcoDieselcp4.jpg
I agree. I'm always suspicious of tunes that gain power by simply turning up the boost. That seems like using a BFH (as opposed to a scalpel) to modify the engine, and it uses up all of the safety margin that manufacturers build into their engines. No wonder these mods torpedo the warranty.

When I was a kid we used to take the governors off our minibikes. They went really fast....for a while. Same thing.

Last edited:

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Adding power by adding boost makes sense to me, but would prefer the added fuel come by way of increased pulse width at the injectors rather that by more psi. Is that a possibility with this platform? I too am waiting to see what GDE comes out with.
Sponsored